Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekeefboy
a friendly parkranger
black, orange, AND red contams
    #5266121 - 02/05/06 12:51 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

ill keep it short because i might need to run to the ER soon.

a few weeks ago I started some poo at my parents house. it was 45% colonized when i left.

the parents knew what it was, and were taking care of it for me.

they brought it to my house, said it was 99% colonized and all white. they said they had been keeping an eye on them and spraying the cobweb mold with h202 and water.

I TOLD THEM 10493 TIMES ABOUT THE DANGERS OF CONTAMS.

so in my bathroom after asking again, "is the only color in there white?"

they say, "YES"

I pull off the foil, take a peek, and at first my eyes are drawn to the 2 inch strip of black bacteria on the edge.

then i see that the mycelium is laced with orange and red stripes all over.

i yell WTF and throw that shit outside

i proceed to get a mask on and secure it.

i go inside, and my hands have now turned very puffy, like if someone inflated them like a balloon. my throat is slowly closing up and i am about to leave to the ER.

i will update later if i can

--------------------
"A friend of mine was famous for holding his hits until his face swelled up and turned bright red. The veins in his neck and forehead would bulge and he'd get bug-eyed. He'd start sweating. Then he'd belch the hit out violently, along with plenty of spit, and gasp for air." ~UBAKO

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedjsage420
aka DJQBNSIS
 User Gallery

Loc: Panhandle
Re: black, orange, AND red contams [Re: keefboy]
    #5266262 - 02/05/06 01:25 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

UUUUmmmmmmmm, paranoid much?

--------------------
If you put your head to the grass, you can hear it growing

OfflineRemainRandom50
Do You Need ToKnow Me?
Re: black, orange, AND red contams [Re: djsage420]
    #5266291 - 02/05/06 01:32 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

wow.
i would not enjoy this at all.
let us know whats the deal.

--------------------
At times I get consumed by my everyday life and will leave the Shroomery. Yet, every time drugs come falling into my life for fun.....I always think about the Shroomery and then I'm back!

Offlinekeefboy
a friendly parkranger
    #5266550 - 02/05/06 02:48 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

in the ER they sent me back saying that i should wait and see if it worsens, if it does, I should then go back.

hands are still puffy and it's kinda hard to breathe.

any help would really be appreciated. I dont even know how to start cleaning the place up. i would spray everything with bleach but i dont have enough windows to really get enough fresh air in the areas i need to clean.

im really worried that the black contam might be Aspergillus. the FAQ said it killed 100,000 turkeys.

--------------------
"A friend of mine was famous for holding his hits until his face swelled up and turned bright red. The veins in his neck and forehead would bulge and he'd get bug-eyed. He'd start sweating. Then he'd belch the hit out violently, along with plenty of spit, and gasp for air." ~UBAKO

Offlineblueferret
some guy

Loc: cow town
    #5267110 - 02/05/06 07:14 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Dude calm down.

It sounds like your having an anxiety atack. Unless your alergic most contamns arnt gona hurt you from that short of an exposure. Dont you think your parents would be negatively effected checking on the shit if it were gona hurt someone? They knew it was almost done colinizing even if it did have contamns, someone had to check on it.

Offlinekeefboy
a friendly parkranger
Re: black, orange, AND red contams [Re: blueferret]
    #5267313 - 02/05/06 08:27 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

im calm. i doubt it was an anxiety attack.

my arms still have a rash on them, and the fingers are still a little bit puffy. i can breathe slightly better.

definitely gonna go to the doc tomorrow.

and why I think they might not have been negatively affected by it, is because they didn't open it for a few days before they brought it to my place. those few days were prolly when the contams took over.

they lack common sense, but bringing a completely infested substrate like that would most likely not be something they would want to do.

--------------------

Offlineblueferret
some guy

#5268353 - 02/06/06 01:31 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hey brought it to my house, said it was 99% colonized and all white. they said they had been keeping an eye on them and spraying the cobweb mold with h202 and water.

I TOLD THEM 10493 TIMES ABOUT THE DANGERS OF CONTAMS.

so in my bathroom after asking again, "is the only color in there white?"

they say, "YES"

Quote:

they lack common sense, but bringing a completely infested substrate like that would most likely not be something they would want to do.

You sound like your passing alot of blame in the first post, you still seem bitter in the second, but say its not there fault. You need to take a serious look at your self man. The grow was never there responcability, and I would never get ticked at someone for doing me a favor even if they screwed it up. The first post was definetly not calm either, I guess you could have an alergy but odds are your going to be fine. I defenitely would question if cultivating is the right hobbie for you though.

Offlinekeefboy
a friendly parkranger
    #5268655 - 02/06/06 07:11 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

sure i am bitter. i asked many times if there were any non-white colors in there. their sterile technique sucked, and i knew this, and told them ahead of time to watch out for any signs of contam and to immediately throw out if there is.

and why exactly would cultivating not be the hobby for me?

because i am afraid of contams?
or because i dont like when people lie to me, or are simply ignorant and dont understand simple instructions that were written down and verbally communicated many times?

personally, i have never had a contam. im very sterile, and have patience. i made the mistake of leaving the substrate at their house.

honestly, how would you feel? but be honest. you ask someone EVERY DAY to do something (doesnt matter what). lets even supposed the person is doing you a favor. they say ok fine ill do it. but then they dont. or completely ignore what you say.

and then this ignorance leads to what might be an invasive fungal disease?

--------------------

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #5268745 - 02/06/06 08:18 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

keefboy said:

and why I think they might not have been negatively affected by it, is because they didn't open it for a few days before they brought it to my place. those few days were prolly when the contams took over.

Quote:

sure i am bitter. i asked many times if there were any non-white colors in there. their sterile technique sucked, and i knew this, and told them ahead of time to watch out for any signs of contam and to immediately throw out if there is.
because i am afraid of contams?
or because i dont like when people lie to me, or are simply ignorant and dont understand simple instructions that were written down and verbally communicated many times?

Ok. So, if they didn't open it the few days before bringing it over, then they wouldn't have had any knowledge whatsoever that it was there. Get off their case. They actually risked their safety for you...damn man, be thankful for that.

I'm sorry this happened, and I hope you're alright.

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Offlineblueferret
some guy

#5268816 - 02/06/06 08:45 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Why was it there responcability? I dont think cultivation is the hobbie for you because you are getting pissed off at someone else for something you should take responcability for. This was NOT your parents grow, it was yours, they were doing you a favor. Aside from that you your self said they probably had no knowledge of the contamination. Even if they had, you were putting them at risk instead of your self because you were not taking responcability for your grow. You ask why I say maybe this isnt the hobbie for you? I dont think your grown up enough.

I would never pass the responcability of my grow onto someone else. I would never put others at risk instead of myself, particularly my family. I also think it is preaty stupid to hold something against someone that isnt under there control.

OfflineOatman2000
-=Outa Space=-
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planetary Nebula
Trusted Cultivator
    #5294764 - 02/13/06 01:20 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

i have pink, ad orange contam problems right now too... but only in the incubating jars.

i dump em out withot a mask, and i am fine. Hope everything went ok...

--------------------
Spawning to COIR
:thumbup:  My Chocolate Recipe
WBS QUART SPAWN JAR PREPERATION
----------------------------

4-PO-DMT; 4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethltryptamine

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies