Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
question about rye/wbs jars????
    #5261221 - 02/03/06 11:20 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i am pressure cooking 8 jars right now.

i was going to inoculate them with a crumbled cake, but when i crumbled it.. the inside was not fully colonized so now i dont have a viable source for myc.

how long should these jars be good for before the moisture content gets messed up.

i also pressure cooked 3 baby bottles earlier tonight with the same problem... how long will they be good for and where should i store them

right now i have them in a sterile glove box to cool down

Edited by c_glidden (02/04/06 03:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
Re: rye/wbs jar [Re: c_glidden]
    #5261231 - 02/03/06 11:21 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

if anyone lives in washington and is willing to sell a print or syringe for microscopy purposes, let me know.. i will pay generously. i need myc asap :smile:

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

#5261286 - 02/03/06 11:37 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

you could put them in ziplock baggies and place them in the freezer or fridge should keep fine for a while..

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
Re: rye/wbs jar [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #5261319 - 02/03/06 11:57 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

the bb? or jars? or both...

anyone have first hand experience with this?

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

#5261329 - 02/04/06 12:04 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

well.. ive never tried it w/ LC but i dont see why not.. and the grain jar ive kept grain in my freezer for about 3 weeks and the jars came out just fine..

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

OfflineHypercube
80 SRM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: rye/wbs jar [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #5261352 - 02/04/06 12:16 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I'd test out the part of the cake that was colonized, in an LC. You should have no problems, really.
And in 3 days you'll be ready to inject!

Otherwise, I've personally had WBS jars sitting around for a week @ room temps. As long as the lids are sealed they should last quite a while.

GL!

--------------------

InvisiblePremedman1
Assistant to the insistent
 User Gallery

Loc: South of Sanity
Trusted Cultivator
Re: rye/wbs jar [Re: Hypercube]
    #5261368 - 02/04/06 12:24 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Hypercube's right on. I've had quarts of WBS sitting for weeks after PCing, with no problems. inoculated them as normal, growth within 2 days with LC, and full colonization in 8. Baby bottles should be the same. If you PC'd correctly, they should last for some time. I've used partially (80%) colonized grain jars for spawn many times. Just use the portions that are colonized, and toss the rest. You really don't need much to get another jar going. I've done it with 3 kernels of colonized PCorn. It just takes longer. Just don't freak out, improvise a little. GL. :thumbup:

--------------------
Build a man a fire, he is warm for the night. Set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
Re: rye/wbs jar [Re: Premedman1]
    #5261375 - 02/04/06 12:28 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

okay one more question

does it normall omit a funky odor like.. i dont know how to explain it.. but my kitchen smells like it.. i dont know if its coming from the PC or if its coming from rye that went down the drain and is sitting in the pipes germinating... i dont have a disposal so im sure theres build up of rye chillen.. i hope the smell goes away, its not pleasant.

or is this just exhaust from the pc??

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5261464 - 02/04/06 01:22 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

smell is still here

the jars are done pc'ing, sitting in ziplock bags cooling down.

i put one baby bottle in my glove box, opened up my FC and nicked off a fluffly little piece of myc that was growing off a cake.. a very small piece, with a razor blade. i put the little piece of myc in the bb inside the glove box(although it didnt do much good cause i still exposed the myc to open air.) screwed the lid on tight and shook it up. put foil ovr it and stuck it in my incubator. this is my third attempt at an LC. my first two didnt show any signs of growth. and i dont have much faith for this one... i still have two LC baby bottles made up, i wrapped those in foil and put them in the fridge...

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5262036 - 02/04/06 09:40 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

ok so the jars are cool what is the best place to store them.. i have them in ziplock bags.. should i keep them at room temp, or put them in the fridge or what..

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5262695 - 02/04/06 01:46 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

wouldnt the freezer mess up the moisture content?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck