Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
7 qts of rye berries produced shitty skinny little aborts
    #5258499 - 02/03/06 08:38 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i had a casing of i think it was about 3 or four inches deep using 7 qts of rye berry spawn laid down onto abou 1/2 inch of soaked verm,. cased with coir verm soil. humidity stayed around 90% temp fluctuated between 68 and 80 but usually stayed around 70-75. lighting was on a 12/12 cycle with blue lights. air exchange was more than plenty, but now see.... i started fruiting conditions for 2 days, then there was a fire and the electricity was turned off. it was also exposed to mad crazy ammounts of smoke. i got it back into electricity. pinned like 3 days later, but they were all fucked up and all aborting. most of them had brown spots on them too. non got thicker than a pencil. so i removed all the shitty little pins and noticed the casing layter was overlaid in some spots. so i scratched up the soil and relaid it. i didnt have any access to new soil at the time.
so im wondering if maybe the smoke exposure fucked em up, ,maybe the disruption in the fruiting conditions cuz of no electricity? i have 2 check on them soon,

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
Re: 7 qts of rye berries produced shitty skinny little aborts [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #5258546 - 02/03/06 09:10 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

smoke is carbon monoxide,.. no room for oxygen. good luck on the second flush. hope it turns out better than the first

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: 7 qts of rye berries produced shitty skinny little aborts [Re: thenewguy05]
    #5258603 - 02/03/06 09:38 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Good luck on your second flush. I know that shrooms need co2 to grow I don't really not the differance between dioxide and monoxide. I am sure that fire is the problem. I would dunk the caseing and hope for a better second flush.

Man I like your sig. It reminds me "good thing I am not a terroist so I don't have to worrie about the patriot act". America has never been a free country. Its Free'er country than most. The laws in america are made so that if I want to shoot smack or import herion I can so long as I don't get cought.

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

OfflineSinthetic
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: 7 qts of rye berries produced shitty skinny little aborts [Re: onetime]
    #5258681 - 02/03/06 10:13 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

onetime said:
Man I like your sig. It reminds me "good thing I am not a terroist so I don't have to worrie about the patriot act". America has never been a free country. Its Free'er country than most. The laws in america are made so that if I want to shoot smack or import herion I can so long as I don't get cought.

Sorry I know this is offtopic but that's the kind of thought that lets them get away with taking away our rights. Just because there are worse places doesn't justify raping the constitution.

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: 7 qts of rye berries produced shitty skinny little aborts [Re: Sinthetic]
    #5258713 - 02/03/06 10:31 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

None of MY rights have been taken away becouse I am not a terroist.

--------------------

See?
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: 7 qts of rye berries produced shitty skinny little aborts [Re: Sinthetic]
    #5258714 - 02/03/06 10:31 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

More than likely it's due to a lack of light. Use white lights. Blue is for setting a mood in a room, not fruiting mushrooms.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: 7 qts of rye berries produced shitty skinny little aborts [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5260091 - 02/03/06 05:24 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah There has been reports that I have read that state that if it has a "blue spectrum" they help with pinning. But this dosn't meant that the color that we as humans see will be blue. Ge makes some but the can be hard to find. Some thing like 400-500nm regain of the spectrem. I belive that these are the kind that should be used if your going to use any type of blue light mind you that the light will seem white to you imo its good to have these to light your room becouse they are softer on the eyes and do not seem yellow light most lights. http://pawsuppetsupply.com/pd_marineglo.cfm

--------------------

See?

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
    #5263639 - 02/04/06 06:41 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

hmmm, i always thought they liked blue light the best from reading a semi-automated terrarium set up and the cubensis optimal growth parameters. i'll have to see how it goes. im guessing it was a combination of the smoke suffocating them a bit, the disruption of the lighting and FAE cycles, and not being able to mist them regularly. wish me luck

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: 7 qts of rye berries produced shitty skinny little aborts [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #5264231 - 02/04/06 09:05 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

They do like blue light. But its blue on a spectrem that the human eyes can't see.

I think that humans see will still see the blue uv light as a white clear light. But this is all based on the work of paul stamets I belive. They are said to work better. So your blue light isnt doing anythiing unless its the type of light like in the link above. If it isnt ultra violet then and its just has blue glass or something then its just as good as any other light and should work just fine.Shrooms light effects them very little there is no need to worrie about what kind of light to use so long as its not halogon I belive those get way too hot.

--------------------

See?

Offlinegourmetgrower
I'ze the milkmanwhat knocked upyer maw

Loc: The Old West
    #5264590 - 02/04/06 10:42 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Paul Stamets specifically mentions Durotest Daylite 65 flourescent 4' bulbs in The Mushroom Cultivator. Apparentally, they have the perfect light spectrum for growing mushrooms.

They can be purchased for $17.95 from naturallighting.com at http://www.naturallighting.com/show_product.cfm?&product_id=395

I have some, and they are very bright white with a tinge of blue (6500k).

--------------------
Howdy, boys! Let's get down to business. I got my colt and my schofield, and they's jist itchin to be broken in.

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: 7 qts of rye berries produced shitty skinny little aborts [Re: gourmetgrower]
    #5265307 - 02/05/06 04:02 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

don't spend all that money on special blue lights, any advantage you might get is minimal. Use your run of the mill 100 watt bulb and work on your procedure

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Offlinegourmetgrower
I'ze the milkmanwhat knocked upyer maw

Loc: The Old West
Re: 7 qts of rye berries produced shitty skinny little aborts [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #5266644 - 02/05/06 03:36 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

yes, it's true that they are expensive. I justify having them in that my oyster fruiting room is large and I need the light that 4' tubes put out.

For a terrerium setup, you could even go with white LEDs and some white plastic to diffuse the focused light. This would only draw a few Watts of power. You can even get white "christmas light" led strings. If you use a DC led strand and an external power supply, this will eliminate the safety problems associated with 115vac + high humidity.

An example:
http://www.inirgee.com/catalog/white_cle...bs__4760588.htm

A 100 watt bulb will draw 42 kilowatthours every month, assuming 14-hours per day of light (12-16 reccomended).
True, that's only $4.09 per month assuming $0.0973 per kilowatthour average in the US, but still... :p

--------------------
Howdy, boys! Let's get down to business. I got my colt and my schofield, and they's jist itchin to be broken in.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract