Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
getting caught growing shrooms really this bad?
    #5255037 - 02/02/06 12:32 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

from another post about someone who got caught growing:

"Three lawyers have told me Virginia is one of the worst, along with Texas (you are right on that). By law, for manufacturing of mushroom I CANT get less than 5 years. Manufactory of Shrooms and heroin in Virginia are the same thing."

how can a non-adictive non-lethal natural substance (psilocybin) be on the same level as a synthetic, highly addictive and possibly lethal substance?

also i live in texas and was thinking about growing for my friends and myself, but now that i see this crap it makes me think again. is being busted something that happens a lot? i mean i plan to just let a few people know about it and stuff...

--------------------
i can speel... im just too lazy to sppelcheck.

My first trip (good read) - Speed Leaching Poo! - My Second Trip (with art)

Edited by rDr4g0n (02/02/06 01:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
Re: getting caught growing shrooms really this bad? [Re: rDr4g0n]
    #5255443 - 02/02/06 01:54 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

yes, it is that bad.

i mean i plan to just let a few people know about it and stuff

don't let anyone know about it.

in the united states, your 4th amendment rights allow you to reduce your chances of getting caught to negligible, if you are smart about things.

1. don't tell anyone.
2. don't do anything else illegal for at least a few months before or during your growing.
3. don't grow in a non-secure area. (college apartments with roomies, dorm room, etc.)
4. keep everything illegal or shady (including your grow) in a locked space, like a trunk or steel cabinet.
5. don't throw illegal shit out in the trash.
6. obtain spores securely (mail forwarding + money order).
7. buy other supplies in cash.
8. if you are somehow raided, protest the search. do not consent and don't sign a thing.
9. do NOT tell anyone about it.

that may be a hard list to keep (remember the consequences of getting caught - it can happen to you if you let it). a lot of people do take risks, but i believe that if you were to follow every point on that list, it would be next to impossible to get caught and successfully prosecuted.

if you get caught, it will be because your grow was discovered:

1. by accident by a civilian like a landlord, maintanence guy, etc.

this is avoided by keeping it all out of sight in a locked location.

2. by accident by police responding to some other incident at your residence.

this is avoided by not doing other illegal stuff stuff while you're growing, growing only in a secure location, and keeping anything that you do have that is illegal securely locked away and out of sight.

3. on purpose by police coming to raid you with a warrant in hand.

this is avoided by keeping your mouth shut about your grow, buying supplies securely, and not throwing illegal stuff out in the trash.

the most important points are 1-4. every bust i've ever heard of (including my own) was because someone violated one of those 4.

none of us ever need to get busted.

--------------------

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
Re: getting caught growing shrooms really this bad? [Re: wilshire]
    #5255548 - 02/02/06 02:20 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

the only shady stuff ive ever done is install copies of windows on computers... i dont smoke weed, or anything like that. i just play games.

i bought spores with a cc from a sponsor site already and ive purchased other stuff with cc also. my stuff is in a closet that could be padlocked, but wouldnt that look even more suspicous? so as far as buying securly, ive already screwed that up. my wife is a biology major though :smile:

ive told about 2 or 3 people so far, but i guess i wont tell anyone at all from now on. just tell em that i gave up and they all died lol. maybe i should grow some medicinal or edibles!

so am i screwed already? what percent, would you say, that post around here do get caught? is this website a safe place to talk about growing freely?

--------------------

Edited by rDr4g0n (02/02/06 02:22 PM)

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

#5255604 - 02/02/06 02:32 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

it's all about degrees of risk, and no one can know precisely how much certain activities open you up to risk. sure, you could go ahead and grow, but understand that you've opened up a potential hole in your security, and a way to get busted. considering the penalties for getting caught, i would never grow unless there was no conceivable way of getting caught.

--------------------

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
Re: getting caught growing shrooms really this bad? [Re: wilshire]
    #5255654 - 02/02/06 02:49 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

do the feds run around trying to bust people for small time stuff like this? i mean supplying myself? i can understand them wanting to keep shrooms of the streets, but if youre smart enough to cultivate them and keep em in your own house.. there are other things that are more dangerous than some dude who likes to trip with his wife on saturday nights. why are the feds wasting time on us? why cant they go after people selling crap that can kill you (ie coke, heroine, even acid lol)

--------------------

OfflineGamera

Loc: Nonlocal
    #5256000 - 02/02/06 04:17 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

In Texas, less than one pound of wet mushrooms (400 grams) could get you 10 years minimum up to life in prison.

So yes, its that bad.

But no, no one is aggressively tracking down small time cultivators. But if the bust falls in their lap, they'll bust you.

--------------------
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.

Arthur Schopenhauer

OfflineRemainRandom50
Do You Need ToKnow Me?
Re: getting caught growing shrooms really this bad? [Re: Gamera]
    #5256219 - 02/02/06 05:16 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

wow. hmmmm mushrooms or jail?

REALLY THINKING ABOUT THIS ONE.

i was born in Texas, but im sure as hell glad i dont live there anymore.

--------------------
At times I get consumed by my everyday life and will leave the Shroomery. Yet, every time drugs come falling into my life for fun.....I always think about the Shroomery and then I'm back!

OfflineOrizonsHorizon
Stranger
Re: getting caught growing shrooms really this bad? [Re: RemainRandom50]
    #5256738 - 02/02/06 07:36 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

SInce shrooms are a Schedule I...its worste than most think however, judges tend to be alot more lenient with those who are caught growing shrooms/weed as opposed to other scheudle I manufacturing (Methlabs etc..) There have been cases where grow setups have been seized and nothing more came from it----if it's a commercial/industrial setup, the axe comes down alot harder. For those who are sent to prison, the cases I read, the person usually only serves a fraction of the sentence when the appeals actualy put the whole thing in a rational perspective. In either case, you dont wanna get caught.

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

#5256851 - 02/02/06 08:00 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

do the feds run around trying to bust people for small time stuff like this?

it's not the feds, it's your local cops that will most likely be on you. unless someone is selling, it seems they usually discover grows by accident. cover your ass. getting caught really is that bad. you're probably gonna do time in the state pen (REAL prison) if you get caught. they can seize your house. you'll be a felon.

i should probably never grow mushrooms again, but i like them, and when i look at the grow logs and pictures forum, i know i'm probably not finished. someday, i'll grow again, but not until i am in a situation where i can follow every one of those guidelines i listed above 100%. i say this as someone who came very close to getting nailed hardcore for cultivation: growing is not worth it if there is any chance of getting caught. even if you don't get caught, the fear alone isn't worth it. if you're smart, you can grow to your hearts content and never get busted, or even have to worry about it.

--------------------

OfflineWhiteBunny
How deep doesthe rabbit hole go?
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: getting caught growing shrooms really this bad? [Re: OrizonsHorizon]
    #5256858 - 02/02/06 08:03 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

it's really not worth all the debt, I did it and it wasn't worth the worries. It's fun to see other peoples hunts and grows but the whole thrill of it went away soon and then I had a lot of things that could get me in a ton of trouble so I stopped the whole thing. Plus the ole gf HATED it.

WB

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #5257509 - 02/02/06 10:32 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I got snitched on by a friend I knew for 15 years. This is in Texas. Got a mfg charge. 5.1 grams got me 10 years TDC probated to 5 years probation with a $2500.00 fine. They threatened to take my home but never filed a lien so I sold it to my daughter. Beat them there.

NEVER TELL ANYONE , This shit grew up with my daughter. He was like family. I would of done anything for him.

The whole thing cost around $17,000.00

:sun:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
Re: getting caught growing shrooms really this bad? [Re: KaptKid]
    #5258409 - 02/03/06 07:00 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

to tell you the truth, i had no idea that growing was such a huge thing. by reading posts on shroomery and based on everyones openess, it seemed like "eh its illegal, but no one gets caught and no one cares"

maybe the security forums hsouldnt be all the way at the end of the list and maybe some of the teks should start of "minimum 10 years in a state pen for this"

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #5258417 - 02/03/06 07:08 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

> by reading posts on shroomery and based on everyones openess, it seemed like "eh its illegal, but no one gets caught and no one cares"

Common misconception... it is WWW (world wide web), not USW (united states web). Although it is illegal to grow in the police states of america, it is not illegal to grow everywhere in the world. Some of us live in parts of the world where personal freedom and responsibility are still respected.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
Re: getting caught growing shrooms really this bad? [Re: Seuss]
    #5258473 - 02/03/06 08:24 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> by reading posts on shroomery and based on everyones openess, it seemed like "eh its illegal, but no one gets caught and no one cares"

Common misconception... it is WWW (world wide web), not USW (united states web). Although it is illegal to grow in the police states of america, it is not illegal to grow everywhere in the world. Some of us live in parts of the world where personal freedom and responsibility are still respected.

yeah yeah i know. i just forget that there is a world outside the us. typical stupid american thinking. sry.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #5258547 - 02/03/06 09:10 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

> typical stupid american thinking. sry.

Nah, not stupid... just one of those things...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineRemainRandom50
Do You Need ToKnow Me?
Re: getting caught growing shrooms really this bad? [Re: Seuss]
    #5261867 - 02/04/06 08:21 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

IMO i think people who grow and maybe sell, shouldnt even grow in there own place..... i think cultvating is by far the best, but when you cultivate in your own place your really opening a serious security breach.

IMO  finding a friend who is comfortable with you growing in his space is perfect, of course the friend has to be trustworthy and NOT a dumb ass, and live alone.  That way you grow there in a certain room, go there and get the shit when you need it, and he can have free ones for storage :wink:.

this way if ANY cops were to come to your place for w.e reason or anything "we heard u are growing shrooms", there is NO EVIDENCE in your house.  NO NOTHING about growing, simply a house.  But it is hard to find a person like this.

Just my 2 cents.

--------------------
At times I get consumed by my everyday life and will leave the Shroomery. Yet, every time drugs come falling into my life for fun.....I always think about the Shroomery and then I'm back!

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
Re: getting caught growing shrooms really this bad? [Re: RemainRandom50]
    #5262150 - 02/04/06 10:44 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

i dunno how the cops do it, but if i have a fc and incubator and cultures for edibles growing in an obvious place and they raid my place, will they search every inch, or will they just grab the first stuff they see and take off?

i mean im not planning to get my place raided lol, but im kinda nervous about it now.

--------------------

OfflineSinthetic
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5268982 - 02/06/06 10:48 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I think by far the most important one is to not tell anyone. Most busts are from narks. It's natural to want to tell, it's cool that you can grow your own shrooms. Just because you can trust someone now doesn't mean you can trust them in 6 months. If you get into a fight, narking on you is a great way to get revenge. Remember the seventh layer of hell is reserved for traitors and informants.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale