Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
MESC Vs. DMT
    #5254486 - 02/02/06 09:41 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I was wondering what some people preferred mescaline or DMT.

the Mesc would come from Peruvian Torch (Trichocereus peruvianus and the dmt from Mimosa Hostilis, and i would like to know which one has the easier extraction process.

Also do i need to extract the mesc from the cactus or can i make tea with it or something?

so in a nut shell i want to hear your thought on Dmt vs. Mesc for:
Extraction difficulty
experience (trip)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetactik
Too stoned forthis.
Male User Gallery
Re: MESC Vs. DMT [Re: Kingkole]
    #5254499 - 02/02/06 09:45 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Mesc is much longer lasting, and the extraction is easier. Yes, you can brew a tea, i think. I know it is possible to atleast boil the cactus down into some sort of cactus goo. Then again, the mimosa hostilis can be brewed into asydfasuoioijdlalknfjkn or whatever :wink:

I personally have never used either, but am looking forward to. Both seem to be great substances.

--------------------
Terrapin!

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: MESC Vs. DMT [Re: tactik]
    #5254531 - 02/02/06 09:54 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

"the mimosa hostilis can be brewed into asydfasuoioijdlalknfjkn or whatever"
Come on man, you you don't feel like looking up the name that probably 3/4 of us know "ayahuasca" why bother even mentioning it?

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Edited by elgr (02/04/06 08:27 PM)

Invisiblekija
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: MESC Vs. DMT [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5254545 - 02/02/06 09:59 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

DMT is the most amazing thing you will ever expierience,While Mesc is great too,there is no comparison.
Extraction consist of average kitchen materlials,good luck

--------------------
Am I breathing up or down? says the speaking fictional character.

Offlinetactik
Too stoned forthis.
Male User Gallery
    #5254551 - 02/02/06 10:01 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

elgr said:
The extraction is practically the same, have you done either tactik? But if one were to claim one as easier, it might be the DMT for a couple reasons.

Firstly, you need not pull a layer off, and then another from that as you do mescaline. If done right, the very first layer of solvent you pull off can be filtered or evaporated for your alkaloids. With mescaline, you pull the xylene off, then pull the water from that and evaporate. One less step.

Secondly, your end product is in the naptha with dmt. This means you can stick it in the fridge, let it fall out of solution, and filter it with a coffee filter. Instant results, while mescaline involves evaporating. Still, it's only water. Not smelly, but time consuming.

"the mimosa hostilis can be brewed into asydfasuoioijdlalknfjkn or whatever"
Come on man, you you don't feel like looking up the name that probably 3/4 of us know "ayahuasca" why bother even mentioning it?

No, i havnt, but having talked to 10 or so people locally that have done both, 8/10 of them said that they thought mesc exctractions were easier. Maybe some of the answers i got were more "which extraction they prefered" instead of which one they thought was easier.

And no, i didn't feel like looking it up. It is mentioned on here all the time, and i knew someone would correct me on it. At that point, he has the correct spellin and can do all the research he wants on it. And now you have come and spelled it properly, and after being directly corrected, i will most likely have the spelling memorized so next time you wont have to leave an aggitated responce. I appologize if i upset you by not knowing how to spell the word  :rolleyes:

--------------------
Terrapin!

InvisibleMezcal
Re: MESC Vs. DMT [Re: tactik]
    #5254782 - 02/02/06 11:22 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

There's a way higher dose per vegetable matter ratio for MHRB/P.V./etc than for cacti... Plus dealing with nice dry leaves or bark is way better than dealing with tons of slimy goopy cactus.

But, I had better technical luck with cactus... methinks due to having really good cactus.

Really, the best answer is to try both. They're very different... for one thing, one's a phenethylamine while the other is a tryptamine. One is a salt while another's a freebase. One is short-acting while another is upwards of 6-8 hours in duration.

Make sure to read lab safety information.... carefully.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: MESC Vs. DMT [Re: Mezcal]
    #5254916 - 02/02/06 12:03 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

It's possible

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Edited by elgr (02/04/06 08:27 PM)

OfflineRemainRandom50
Do You Need ToKnow Me?
    #5256193 - 02/02/06 05:05 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

never did either yet.
but from extraction expierences i heard DMT is a lot harder, it requires more attention so they say.

--------------------
At times I get consumed by my everyday life and will leave the Shroomery. Yet, every time drugs come falling into my life for fun.....I always think about the Shroomery and then I'm back!

Offlinepantsboy
I troll because I care.
Female User Gallery

Loc: 8====D ~o
Re: MESC Vs. DMT [Re: RemainRandom50]
    #5256710 - 02/02/06 07:31 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Toadie said: "Smoked DMT is like Timothy Leary hitting you in the back of the head with a bat soaked in acid."

Never done DMT and probably won't for a very longtime. I am good at taking psychadellics and hallucinogens, but I would rather work my way up. I am growing peruvian torch and san pedro in my backyard and will be doing extracted mescaline very shortly.

--------------------
Acid doesn't hurt when you're on fire. :frown:

"Mushrooms are only similar to penises in their appearance." - LeBron James (2013)

ToiletDuk said:
"Bus squelching is not to be laughed at."

Offlinelysergicide
Aurora Borealis
Male

Loc: 41.8861° N, 12.4851° E
Re: MESC Vs. DMT [Re: pantsboy]
    #5256789 - 02/02/06 07:49 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

everything is a totally new and seperate experience for me. even if they seem very very similiar, theres always at least one thing that differentiates them. or maybe its just the fact i know that theyre different substances, so i feel them differently?

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: MESC Vs. DMT [Re: Kingkole]
    #5258245 - 02/03/06 03:42 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I have no personal preference, because they are totally different.  DMT is far more powerfully hallucinogenic, but the major effects of the trip are over in less than 20 minutes (when smoked).  Mescaline is a bit mellower, but lasts for 4 - 8 hours.  DMT's a tryptamine (dimethyltryptamine); mescaline's a phenethylamine (trimethoxyphenethylamine).

In the past I've tried extracting DMT several times using different methods, with somewhat disappointing results.  If I try extracting it again, I'm gonna get real serious about it -- that is to say that I'll buy some lab equipment and acquire a very large amount of plant matter.  (It's not worth it to go through all the trouble just to come up with a quantity of product equal to the size of a blueberry.)  You can improvise with household items, but I can see where the proper equipment would make things much easier; (e.g. using a real separatory funnel instead of a ziplock bag.) 

Of course, I know very little about chemistry, so it's kind of like trying to build a sandcastle in the dark.  I haven't tried extracting mescaline, but the advantage with a cactus is that you don't have to do a full-on extraction; you can make a drink out of it, or get creative with the xylem.  (The xylem is the slimy green layer beneath the skin that contains the alkaloids.)  It can be pretty tedious to cut out all those spines and peel the skin off, though there are methods that allow you to omit this step.

What I did to dissect the cactus was to remove the xylem in little slimy chunks as best I could.  (The inner whitish core supposedly contains the alkaloids that make you nauseous.)  I simply put the chunks on a plate, added some ginger, and tried to eat as much as I could.  "Try" is the key word here, because the xylem is the most offensive-tasting thing ever, and the slimy yet slightly crunchy consistency makes things even worse.  If you've ever tasted a raw chemical like pure MDMA, it tastes like that -- indescribably awful and very strong.  Somehow I managed to get down half a dinner-plate before I just couldn't eat any more.  It worked, though. :wink:

A friend of mine successfully made some "tea" out of it.  Next time I dissect a cactus (though I've grown quite fond of my San Pedro, *sniff,) I think I'll make the "tea," then boil it down as much as possible and let the water evaporate so I end up with a hardening goo.  Then I'll roll the goo up into little balls and insert them into as many OO pill capsules as is necessary; or I could put the little goo balls in the freezer, then take 'em out and swallow them like pills--chasing it with a sweet beverage of some type.

Anyways, good luck!  If you really want either or both of those, you'll make it happen somehow.  :thumbup:

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: MESC Vs. DMT [Re: Land_Crab]
    #5258255 - 02/03/06 04:00 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

(Toadie said: "Smoked DMT is like Timothy Leary hitting you in the back of the head with a bat soaked in acid.")

No that was T. Mckenna who said that(hes not a member of the shroomery). Just thought id let yall know

OfflineCutter
other side guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oh Yeah land
Re: MESC Vs. DMT [Re: stemmer]
    #5258291 - 02/03/06 05:12 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I did San Pedro Cactus, and I think I still have that clear membrane stuck under my finger nails, then eating a 8" chunk of that crap was horrible. I must of ate about 3 pounds of dark chocolate trying to cover that crap taste.

I never tried straight DMT, but I want to try a smokable version of it. I hear it is extremely intense.

:psychsplit:

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: MESC Vs. DMT [Re: Cutter]
    #5258562 - 02/03/06 09:19 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Well... hehe... don't eat it straight next time.

--------------------

OfflineCutter
other side guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oh Yeah land
    #5260546 - 02/03/06 07:56 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I bought a $400 juicer just for that reason, but never ended up getting any more cactus...

OfflineOrdep
Stranger
Re: MESC Vs. DMT [Re: stemmer]
    #5261066 - 02/03/06 10:33 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

would boiling down the pedro tea into a goo actually work? I thought about boiling it down to one gulp last time (since i had like 9oz of tea) but didn't want to lose any mesc.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore Cultivation Supplies