Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblegotyerback
SpiritualAdvisor
Female User Gallery

I Love Farmers
    #5254278 - 02/02/06 07:45 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

They are the most real people on earth.

I'm taking a little drive to pick up some horse manure, and just pull into the first place I see. I ask the lady at the house and she tells me go talk to Jerry back there. I say you want me to drive across the grass there? Oh yeah go ahead. I'm thinking Jerry, there's an auspicious name.

So I ask Jerry if I can have some horse manure and he goes, Sure, but wouldn't you rather have some cow manure? It works a lot better. Horse shit will burn your plants. I'm like, I don't know, the girlfriend said horse manure, so I gets what I's told.

So he points over to the pasture and says knock yourself out. Even lends me a rake. So I pick up a tub of horse doodoo while the horses follow me around. Man those fuckers are big close up.

So I come back and he asks if I got all I want. I'm like yeah it was fresh like you said. He goes well why don't you drive back there by the swamp. That's where we dump the crap from the stables. I'm like you want me to drive thru there with the cows right there? Yep no big deal.

So I take my little suv and go 4 wheelin and get another load of poo. Fun, cows are poking me with their snotty noses. Dam drooling slobs. So I come back and Jerry and some mexican are talking and I tell him I threw some cow poo in there and covered it with horse chunks and we will see if the girlfriend notices.

He asks what I want it for and I'm like, not really sure, to give to my poa. He laughs and says we were wondering if you were trying to grow shrooms with it. Some people do that around here.

I look surprised and go how do they do that? He tells me they spread it out, put a stake in the middle and lay a clear tarp over it. Water occasionally and blammo. I'm like, well the family is like a bunch of hippies, I wonder if that's what they do with it?

So Jerry laughs and starts telling me that shrooms grow out in the pasture all the time. People hop the fence and pick em. Tells me when they grow the cows see one and bolt for it. He said THE COWS GET TOTALLY FUCKED UP ON THEM SHROOMS! They will eat every one of them. I laughed my ass off. He told me all about shroom picking and what they look like (purple ringers) and where they grow. Some family of his used to pick them and sell bags of them.

I'm just standing there with this amazed look on my face. It was so f'ing funny. I bet Jerry is pretty fun to hang out with. Farmers kick ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
Re: I Love Farmers [Re: gotyerback]
    #5254290 - 02/02/06 07:51 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Lolx. Hella tight farmer. Around here farmers are just angry or at least the ones I have seen.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineAngeloWish
Sr. Mydriasis

Loc: MEXICO-Mushroom Capital
Re: I Love Farmers [Re: mikeownow]
    #5254302 - 02/02/06 07:55 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Nice story... farmers are cool cause most are away from the cities and man, that's an advantage. :P

--------------------
+'this' reality is the one i like the most+

Invisiblegotyerback
SpiritualAdvisor
Female User Gallery

Re: I Love Farmers [Re: mikeownow]
    #5254305 - 02/02/06 07:58 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

My family has a lot of farmers and they know how to mix an Old Fashion. Very laid back.

Jerry also laid some info on me about fungicide they add to grain. Have to look that up and see when/how. He said once they stop feeding the cattle grain the patties are covered in mushrooms.

OfflineHtownCattleranch
Herper
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Houston
    #5254323 - 02/02/06 08:18 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Were laid back but aren't fond of trespassers ( liability ). If you asked me it might be a different story. Our cows don't touch the Cubensis. They seem to know better. I have tried offering some by hand and they refuse. Plus I always see the full growth cycle of the mushrooms meaning the cows avoid them.

--------------------
JUST BANG IT OUT!

Invisiblegotyerback
SpiritualAdvisor
Female User Gallery

Re: I Love Farmers [Re: HtownCattleranch]
    #5254333 - 02/02/06 08:31 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

HtownCattleranch said:
Were laid back but aren't fond of trespassers ( liability ). If you asked me it might be a different story.

You mean if I had asked you for manure, you would have declined?

I have never seen a cow eat a mushroom. In fact I wouldn't even guess one would do it. Just retelling what a farmer told me.

Do you add fungicide to your feed? And is it for the cow's health or to keep the cubes out of the pasture?

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
    #5254432 - 02/02/06 09:13 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

what hes saying is farmers are generally laid back, but they don't like it when kids just go on their land, probably picking mushrooms. if people would ask him(the farmer) for permission, he may not have a problem with you on his land

OfflineHtownCattleranch
Herper
Male User Gallery

Re: I Love Farmers [Re: zSDMF]
    #5256485 - 02/02/06 06:18 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I think it's a rumor that fungicides are added to feed just to keep the relatively uncommon Cubensis from growing. I cannot however verify that for sure. We buy treats for our cows and I can assure you there are no fungicides in them. On our property we have massive quantities of cubes so I personally think it's a rumor.
If you want shit. I don't mind. I will not divulge our ranch location so don't ask. I would have to meet you at a city location for Pooh sharing.

--------------------
JUST BANG IT OUT!

Offlinelwo
Stranger
Loc: redland USA
    #5256507 - 02/02/06 06:22 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I like farmers too... Except when they give me permission onto their field and then halfway across start yelling curse words at me waving a rifle. OK that's when I high tail out of there.
But the rest of them, they are cool.
I'm a farmer myself, so I know what it's like. You work hard, you bust ass, you reward the land and reward yourself and your family. You try to cultivate the soil and try to cultivate your body and mind. You grow your plants like a child and you think you should because you want it.
Farmers are cool, except the ones polluting mother earth. Farmers, UNITE. Farm for life, farm till you die :sunny: :sanpedro:

--------------------
Weed Love When the cherry is bomb, get it on.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
    #5256538 - 02/02/06 06:30 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Hell yeah dude, farmers are the shit! their all in touch with the land and sutff ... :crazy2:

I heard that sometimes the cows eat them by accident as they munch indiscriminitely on the tall grass...

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #5256575 - 02/02/06 06:43 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Haha that is a good story. I have had mixed responses from farmers. I find some to be the withdrawn from society type, that don't like or trust anyone to be on their land but them, kind of really possessive or paranoid that someone is going to rob or kill them.
But the majority of the ones that I have talked to are nice and laid back. Also very hard and dedicated workers.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

OfflineHtownCattleranch
Herper
Male User Gallery

Re: I Love Farmers [Re: eris]
    #5256579 - 02/02/06 06:45 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Laughing......You just described a few ranchers I know

--------------------
JUST BANG IT OUT!

Invisiblegotyerback
SpiritualAdvisor
Female User Gallery

#5258449 - 02/03/06 07:54 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

You would think one farmer here would be able to say, I put fungicide in the grain. Time for a "google" search. For all I know, Jerry was just giving me some stories to test me.

Most of the farmers I ever talked to, and that's a lot, don't even consider that the person they are talking to would pull something scandalous on their land. But I'm talking about dairy land farmers, not ranchers in other parts. You just have to meet them to know what I mean. Another thing is I have a trustable aura. People trust me. Animals don't get nervous around me; its like they want me to notice them. But that's for another topic.

I think my point about farmers is they are so real. Maybe it happens because you can't bullshit your cows or your corn. I didn't write this earlier, but when I went out in pasture #1 I found some broken glass. So I picked it all up. Then I gave it to Jerry to throw away. Not really a big thing, but he thought it was a nice gesture and gave me carte blanc to the rest of the ranch. I think that small act was something that people who don't get along with farmers wouldn't consider.

Thanks for the offer of poo sharing. I think I have my source now. 1/4 horses bred for racing with super nutritious grain diets. sweet

Offlinemediman0078
Stilllooking.....

Loc: Here, there, EVERYWHERE
    #5258491 - 02/03/06 08:34 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

HtownCattleranch said:
Were laid back but aren't fond of trespassers ( liability ). If you asked me it might be a different story. Our cows don't touch the Cubensis. They seem to know better. 

Yup... cattle here get into some nasty stuff occasionally... jimson weeds and phalaris grass but it seems that after they do it once they don't usually do it again.

Liability is always an issue with ranches... a friend of the family who runs a cattle ranch here had a few hunters go climbing around on their property (trespassing) and walked up on a bull that had injured itself near a small bluff. The bull, being hurt and pissed off, promptly attacked the hunters injuring 2 of them pretty severely. One of those 2 was airlifted to hospital via helicopter. They were unable to go back to work after this and resorted to legal action against the rancher b/c he owned the bull.... BS, i know, but that's what happened. I don't think he was ordered to pay any kind of settlement, but he still had to blow a lot of money paying a lawer to defend him. :sad:

--------------------
........someday I'll find it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale