Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
My idea about mental diseases
    #5251957 - 02/01/06 05:02 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I feel like telling you a little bit about myself because it might help you to relate your situation to mine.

I'm the kind of guy you could probably say has lots of these 'mental diseases'. I fit the criteria for a schizophrenic that Linuxman just posted in this thread. I fit the criteria for aspergers syndrome. I fit the criteria for depression. But the truth is that all of this means absolutely nothing to me.

I can tell you this for sure. This morning my thoughts were off the wall - crazy town in a dark alley. I was having thought loops, lots of useless thoughts like you say you have, constantly thinking about the things that got me down in my life. All this stupid shit that I didn't care about. And the thing is that I know this all too well. This is something I deal with and have dealt with for a long time. My mind is 'wacky burgers' and if I told a medical professional what I think and how I sometimes go about my daily life, I would be prescribed every kind of pill under the sun (without a doubt).

But even in this disoriented state, where I couldn't possibly act like myself around other people and have a good time and show love, I still come to the logical conclusion that I really don't give a fuck about my thoughts most times. So much of what goes on in my head may seem like something true or may feel like something real, but I always come back to 'I don't care, get over yourself, shutup'.

Now I just went out in a pair of sweats and a T-shirt (with sun tan lotion on, don't forget that) and I ran about 1.25 miles, did about 40 pushups, held a frog stand (gymnastic exercise) for 2 sets, and stretched. Why do I bother telling you this? I am a whole new person now. That's just the way it works. I gain a whole new perception on everything when I push myself to the limit and exercise. It's a chemical recharge and a good reality check. The effects are both physical and mental - and let me reassure you that the physical aspect goes along with the mental aspect: they're one in the same. It's just a matter of learning how to organize yourself and work with your mind + body to acheive a goal. You gain an awareness and it completely changes your vantage point on life in general. On the way back from all this, I had a nice conversation with a dude about a coconut I found on the ground. I felt totally comfortable and my mind was clear. That just wouldn't be possible this morning.

I know that it can't be explained, but some of the concepts from tai chi and qi gong are really helpful to understand. The idea of chakras is one thing you must understand. There are energy points running up from your crotch to the top of your head. Gaining an awareness of them gives you a balance that will calm your over-active mind. You should also realize that your whole body can be balanced, from your feet to your head. There are many examples of this. Look at the shaolin monks. They can do incredible things with their bodies because they gain an extreme understanding of this balance. Just look at this stuff: Monks. That's perfection. Look at Joe Olsteen and the way he preaches: Preacher. I don't beleive in god, but this guy is a true pimp and he's very aware of balance in his life.

Ofcourse these things, in and of themselves, aren't going to make all the difference in your life. They're just tools to reach and understanding. The true difference comes from you. You have to desire and want and have passion for what you do. That's where the drive to succeed comes from and that's how you'll stay motivated to continue on your intended path, no matter the obstacles. You should get used to the idea of dealing with these voices. They may never stop. The difference is in how you deal with them. Do you think those shaolin monks are pefect and they just reach enlightenment one day and never worry again? No, that's never the case. But their knowledge enables them to keep living and keep knowing that it's worth it. It's all relative to a certain degree - I just came up with that phrase this morning =D. "Life is complicated, but only what you make it to be." - 2pac "All this pain and hurt is relative." - Sage Francis

Get used to cycling. Over and over and over and over. It never stops. Just keep going. Make goals and live your life. Get help if you desire. Just realize that the only true help is going to come from yourself.

If you think you're not capable of dealing with stuff, meditate. Just focus and balance, while sitting in cross legged position, head high, back straight as possible, sitting on your sitting bones. This is my favorite position: meditation. When you gain a true moment of focus and feel the rush of seeing everything around you, while being aware of your body and how small your are in the larger scheme of things, you'll see that all that stuff in your head is really just a tool for you to use in your actions. All this stuff in our head is useless, really. Only our actions matter. Otherwise, what is life? A chemical rush? A bunch of logic in our heads? I don't think that is worthwhile. What does matter is living - doing things and dreaming and loving and all that crap. Just do it.

I hear voices too sometimes. I see shit. I feel like crying. I burst out with uncontrolled energy. I stand in the shower leaning against the wall for minutes at a time. I lay on the floor too lazy to move. All this bullshit. What can I say? I'm not perfect. I don't always want to do the right thing. But I have hope for myself because I know that I want the right thing. I strive for it alot. I just haven't made it a complete lifestyle yet. I'm working hard, but it's so hard. You know this. Everyone does. =) Just don't make excuses and be dependant on medication that you don't need if it's really just a question of your will, which it is.

"Don't think; feel. It's like a finger pointing away to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all the heavenly glory." Bruce Lee

Be a man

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: My idea about mental diseases [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #5252104 - 02/01/06 05:38 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I hear you man.

I am gonna strive for a similar goal this summer, hoping that my anxiety might decrease. I am confident it will.

When I used to be in shape, when I swam. I had no anxiety. I had nervousness, but for those who have anxiety, if you can remember before you had it, you know that nervousness is nothing compared to it.

Before, I was nervous to talk to a girl, but I could look people in the eye and live so normal. Now I have neck spasms and I feel like im mentaly collapsing.

Weather or not its my physical state, I dont know, but I want to try and be fit, eat healthy, and become very spiritual in hopes that I will become the persone I once was.

I want to

lift some weights
run
swim down in the river  :laugh:
take vitamin supplements so I get all I need
eat a little more healthy
I will also have a job this summer so that should help alot
Another thing that I think is causing my anxiety is my social life. I have tons of friends, but its been a while since I made a new friend. I need to get out there and make some more friends, talk to people.

cant wait for the summer! :sun: :heart: :thumbup:

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: My idea about mental diseases [Re: XUL]
    #5252166 - 02/01/06 05:58 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

do you have resources on how tai chi relates to chakras?

I understand that yoga focuses specifically on them, but my tai chi instructor has never said a word on them.

But yes, all that is very true and inspiriing, thank you. :smile:
"I want the right thing. I strive for it alot. I just haven't made it a complete lifestyle yet. "
So very true.... but I'm not working hard yet, I'm still trying to find the drive to work hard.

I think just one day I have to say "it's time" and jsut do as much as I possibly conceivably can to better myself that day. Then reflect and build it up the next day, and so forth. For a week or so it would be hard but then I'd be used to it.

I just need to find INSPIRATION though.... otherwise it's like I'm just forcing myself to do things but not realising the beauty of doing them, and why I'm doing it, which is why other exercise routines I've had have failed.

Drugs really inspire me more than anything but are also a bit of a hinderance in many regards.... the best I ever did in yoga flexibility wise was when I went stoned the other day, and I really understand what it was about and what I was supposed to be doing. And I was able to let myself go.

But this creates a huge schism between sober me and high me, and I fall into it and get lost.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: My idea about mental diseases [Re: leery11]
    #5252277 - 02/01/06 06:27 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I've always had a curiosity about Tai Chi, but I get daunted at the prospect of spending several years becoming proficient at it. It just seems like such a time commitment for something that may or may not actually help me smooth out my motion and calm my mind.

Perhaps I'm just unwilling to make the leap of faith is all...

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: My idea about mental diseases [Re: WillieTomg]
    #5252303 - 02/01/06 06:34 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

it will help you smooth out your motion without much time commitment... mind? probably not.

i don't have the integrity to practice like i should... i've let my home become such a place of stagnation where if i'm in it i don't feel motivated to be artistic.

i'd like to go out in the sun and do tai chi but then everyone would look at me. I'd have to learn not to care. so i generally just practice in class.

sometimes when tripping or stoned i'm like "whoa lets do tai chi" and its quite interesting though, and i learn things that i can generally apply to sober practice (learn them more stoned than tripping because tripping is far out there)

but its well worth it to try, anything you learn from it will help.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: My idea about mental diseases [Re: WillieTomg]
    #5253960 - 02/02/06 02:00 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

WillieTomg said:
I've always had a curiosity about Tai Chi, but I get daunted at the prospect of spending several years becoming proficient at it.

It helps you right away. Both body and mind. Remember, they're one in the same.

I've never learned tai chi formally and I've only seen it being performed a few times. I realized that I had come up with some identical movements on my own, though, when I saw some dudes doing it on TV. That's how I know it works. :grin:

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals