Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejonnyjonjonjon
CrackBadger
 User Gallery

Loc: The Pharm
Temperature for colonization
    #5238451 - 01/29/06 12:45 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I inoculated some BRF/verm cakes about a week and a half ago. I dont have any way of raising the temperature to 80F so I have to leave it at 65-70. At first the temperature was staying around 70 and after about 4 or 5 days there was mycellium growing. One jar had a huge patch of white on the side but the others only have small blots and only in one area. Its been about half a week since the first signs of mycellium appeared but the mycellium doesnt seem to have spread at all since then.

My question is will the mycellium keep spreading at 65-70F or will I have to find a way to raise the temperature? I dont mind if it colonizes slower but at the moment it doesnt seem to be doing anything.

Ill try and get my hands on a camera to post some pics.

--------------------
Mother goose said to the swan "Is that PCP your cooking?" and the swan replied "Yes, yes it is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWhiteBunny
How deep doesthe rabbit hole go?
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Temperature for colonization [Re: jonnyjonjonjon]
    #5238456 - 01/29/06 12:47 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

It will colonize just extremly slowly. Do a TiT and make it easy on yourself. 84ish is temp you want to be at.

WB

--------------------

OfflineDr_Mcgillicuddy
Stranger

Re: Temperature for colonization [Re: WhiteBunny]
    #5238591 - 01/29/06 01:18 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Been seeing the word TiT alot can somebody tell me what it stands for ?

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Temperature for colonization [Re: Dr_Mcgillicuddy]
    #5238650 - 01/29/06 01:29 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

TiT=Tub in a tub. You can put your incubating cultures in a box on top of the TV of fridge even maybe on top of the hot water heater in the basement there are places if you think hard enough about it. It makes a world of difference optimizing each and every aspect of the grow especially temps! GL
BTW TiT used to be TnT but some politically correct dude couldn't handle it so everyone changed to follow him, what a joke IMHO!

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineRemainRandom50
Do You Need ToKnow Me?
Re: Temperature for colonization [Re: Dr_Mcgillicuddy]
    #5238686 - 01/29/06 01:38 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

yes, colonization should defiently be in the 80-84 degree area.
If you can achieve this by normal means of tempature in your area.

A T.I.T would be your best bet.
T.I.T stands for a "Tub In Tub" Incubator, do a search. There very easy to make. It is basically a tub in a tub, the bottom tub has water and a fish tank heater inside it. It produces enough heat to produce the tempature required in the tub that sits in the tub of water.

Your jars go in one tub, close it up, and put it in the tub with the water, and seal that.

Sounds wierd, but its very easy to do.

--------------------
At times I get consumed by my everyday life and will leave the Shroomery. Yet, every time drugs come falling into my life for fun.....I always think about the Shroomery and then I'm back!

Offlinejonnyjonjonjon
CrackBadger
 User Gallery

Re: Temperature for colonization [Re: RemainRandom50]
    #5240305 - 01/29/06 09:36 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks alot for the info. I like the sound of the tub in tub but after buying the pressure cooker and the rice flour im broke as a brick. For now im gonna leave the jars on the TV or the fridge and see if that raises the temperature but as soon as I get a bit of money im gonna invest in some equipment to save myself some grief.

--------------------
Mother goose said to the swan "Is that PCP your cooking?" and the swan replied "Yes, yes it is.

Offlinejonnyjonjonjon
CrackBadger
 User Gallery

#5260323 - 02/03/06 06:53 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I scraped together enough money to build a TiT.

Im not sure what to do with the fish tank heater, it says on the box your suppose to attach it to the side of the fish tank

If I just leave it at the bottom of the tub will the water get into the electrics and break it? I was thinking of wrapping the electrical part up with plastic to keep the water out but id say the heat from the bulb will melt it.

At the moment its only 68F and it gets even lower than that sometimes.

Heres my two best jars

Funnily enough the one on the left is the second batch and was inoculated almost 2 weeks after the one on the right but for some reason it has way more mycellium than most of the jars from the first batch. The left is ecuadorian, the right B+.

--------------------

Offlineheadbig
Stranger
    #5260427 - 02/03/06 07:22 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

well its winter time and if your house has heating do what i do use a single tub and place it infront of a heat vent with the tub closed, this warms up the inside air with out introducing dry hot air. i used to keep it in my closet till i got a thermomter and found out it was in the low 70's now infornt of my vent its at a steady 80-86

Offlinejonnyjonjonjon
CrackBadger
 User Gallery

Re: Temperature for colonization [Re: headbig]
    #5260918 - 02/03/06 09:43 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Problem is all the radiators in my house are in awkward places, a big box like that would be in everyones way if I leave it by the radiator. Plus I already have the fish tank heater so I might as well use it.

Im going to have to find a way for the aquarium heater to stand up slightly so the plastic part of it is out of the water while the bulb is submerged.

--------------------

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
    #5260934 - 02/03/06 09:47 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

What wattage is that heater at? Also, go to petsmart or something and get a fully sumbersive one. 200watts will do great.

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

#5260940 - 02/03/06 09:49 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

If you just bought that heater I suggest to get the packaging together and your recite and return it..

That way you can buy a fully submersible one...the kind you need.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Edited by musher_420 (02/03/06 09:51 PM)

Offlinejonnyjonjonjon
CrackBadger
 User Gallery

Re: Temperature for colonization [Re: musher_420]
    #5261090 - 02/03/06 10:42 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Alright im gonna wrap it up and bring it back. What kind of wattage would be sufficient? Im guessing 100 watts will be enough.

--------------------

Edited by jonnyjonjonjon (02/03/06 11:06 PM)

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #5262547 - 02/04/06 01:13 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

100 watts should do just fine. Also I'll reiterate get a fully submersible heater.

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale