Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBigGhost
The ElectricMessiah

Loc: San Antonio, Tx
Thailand Strain (Psilocybe Cubensis) Mycelium question... (w/Pics)
    #5236458 - 01/28/06 08:46 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

First of all, hello to all of you here at the Shroomery. I've been coming here and observing for quite awhile, and decided it's about time I register here and get involved. Now, here is my question: I purchased a kit from the Homestead Book Co. about a month and a half ago. The spores took very well to the rye berries used in the kit, and the mycelium took over the bag right at 3 weeks. I mixed the compost (washed cow manure [which oddly had a bit of mycel growth taking place during those 3 weeks]) with the mycelium, closed the lid, and set the kit in a cleanly kept, unoccupied bedroom which maintains a 79 - 85 degree temp. The only light in the room comes from one window with upwardly closed venetian blinds facing south. The spores are of the Thai variety and it's been about 10 days since the lid was sealed. I'm seeing these tiny golden bubbles, and this white crystal like substance growing on and throughout the mixture. My question finally is, what are those golden bubbles, and has anyone had any experience with the Homestead Kits, or can offer me any advice or criticism. This is my first attempt and hopefully not my last. The pics below were taken five mins ago; any ideas when I might start to see some pinheads?

--------------------

Edited by BigGhost (01/28/06 09:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinediablovt1125
Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Thailand Strain (Psilocybe Cubensis) Mycelium question... (w/Pics) [Re: BigGhost]
    #5236514 - 01/28/06 09:12 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Looks like condensation to me...

Everything looks beautiful!

And Don't worry, I was, and still am really paranoid about contamns and stuff.  I've found that 90% of the time you've got nothing to worry about.

Unless of course your substrate is turning all sorts of nasty green, or red, or black colors!

And BTW, you should block out any light that will be getting to the mycelium along the side of that tub.  If you don't, it may try and produce a bunch of mushrooms along the sides, or worse underneath the substrate.  This is bad because it will put your casing at risk for contamns!  I suggest Duck Tape to do this, just wrap it up real well  :thumbup:

--------------------
Know yourself, know your substance, and know your source

Edited by diablovt1125 (01/28/06 09:24 PM)

OfflineBigGhost
The ElectricMessiah

Re: Thailand Strain (Psilocybe Cubensis) Mycelium question... (w/Pics) [Re: diablovt1125]
    #5236530 - 01/28/06 09:21 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you for the feedback.

I had a feeling it might be condensation as well, now that you said that, I'm about 90 percent sure that's just what it is.  I noticed that your first flush came out superb, congrats! :thumbup:

--------------------

Edited by BigGhost (01/28/06 09:31 PM)

Offlinediablovt1125
Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Thailand Strain (Psilocybe Cubensis) Mycelium question... (w/Pics) [Re: BigGhost]
    #5236537 - 01/28/06 09:23 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you

--------------------
Know yourself, know your substance, and know your source

OfflineHengman
Small timeGrower
 User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Re: Thailand Strain (Psilocybe Cubensis) Mycelium question... (w/Pics) [Re: diablovt1125]
    #5237295 - 01/29/06 01:20 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

what are you talking about? that thing looks fine. and yes... stop that light from hitting the mycelium, not good. once you case that... you should have really nice fruits.

--------------------

The beautiful Cambodian Psilocybin Cubensis.

Feel the colors. See the sound.

My Personal Setup

OfflineBigGhost
The ElectricMessiah

Re: Thailand Strain (Psilocybe Cubensis) Mycelium question... (w/Pics) [Re: Hengman]
    #5239237 - 01/29/06 05:05 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the support Hengman.  As soon as they are ready for harvest, I will take plenty of pics.  I have to remember that sometimes in life, patience brings forth much "fruit". :chillpill:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate