Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecedarpod
Stranger
mushroom "hangover"
    #523558 - 01/17/02 02:06 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Has anyone besides me experienced what I call a "shroom hangover"? This has happened a couple times. The day after I feel nauseated and my head hurts. I drink a lot of water when I trip, so I don't think its caused by dehydration. I'm just wondering if there's something else I can to to prevent feeling crappy and wiped out the next day.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: mushroom "hangover" [Re: cedarpod]
    #523566 - 01/17/02 02:28 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

maybe it's because lack of sleep. try to start your trip earlier.what time do you start usually?

OfflineTrail_Blazer
enthusiast

#523587 - 01/17/02 02:58 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I kinda have a similiar problem. Usually within 48 hours after a trip I develop a migraine headache and feel nauseous.

I don't think there's much you can do about it to prevent it, but as for what I do when I get the symptoms I just pop 2 ibuprofen's and 2 acetametophens (for the migraine) and 2 ginger pills to kill the nausea.

That probably doesn't help ya much, but your not the only one who gets the "hangover" type feeling.

Peace

--------------------
[green]There is a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased this line.[/green]
Visit FSR

OfflineGringoLoco
I spit in theface of peoplewho ain't cool.
 User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
Re: mushroom "hangover" [Re: Trail_Blazer]
    #524367 - 01/18/02 09:47 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I feel incredibly euphoric, but physically, I feel very little. Maybe my back is sore and it hurts to stand up and I feel couch locked, but thats about it.

Invisiblecyanescens
journeyman
    #535131 - 01/29/02 04:32 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

ibuprofen and acetametophen big no no to mix....don't ask why...THEY JUST DON'T MIX...trust me. Anyway ibuprofen relaxes you muscels and does notting for a headach it might make it worse. When i triped for the first time i had a migrane the next day .... i drank a lot of water but during that week i didn't get much sleep so its prob from not getting enough rest since ur brain is working so hard when you trip....just try to get lots of sleep days before an even the day u trip

--------------------
Trying to look for the worst pop song is like trying to look for a particular log of shit in a sewer - Ed the sock

Edited by cyanescens (01/29/02 04:37 PM)

OfflineTrail_Blazer
enthusiast

Re: mushroom "hangover" [Re: cyanescens]
    #535141 - 01/29/02 04:45 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

You can mix acetometophan and ibuprofen... however don't add asprin(asprin is bad to add to MANY drug combo's) to the mix, thats what you're thinking of.

Anyhows, i thought i'd clear that up.

If you'd like medical references i'll send them to you Cyanescens, otherwise, Peace.

--------------------
[green]There is a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased this line.[/green]
Visit FSR

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#535206 - 01/29/02 06:05 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I've never had a "hangover" from shrooms, if I had a bad trip the day after the world feels different and uncomfortable, but if I had a GOOD trip then I just feel happy and refreshed, like I just took a shower.  I've had "hangovers" only from acid, where the entire next day I say nothing and do nothing, just sit and think about what happened the night before.

Maybe take a little less dosage, or go to sleep earlier, or wake up later.  I'm sure that the headache is from lack of sleep, shrooms don't really cause headaches by themselves.

Maybe you mistake a headache for being disoriented .. ?

in any case, sorry I couldn't help further, but the hangover I'm sure is worth the trip :wink: otherwise you wouldn't keep shroomin'.

Offlinepharmacopeia

Loc: Canada
    #535548 - 01/30/02 01:30 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Usually people trip at night, when they should be starting to calm down for bed time, at least thats what the body thinks anyways. So if you're slowly getting tired to get to bed and all of a sudden you're intoxicated like crazy it's a bit jolting on your body.

I personally think people should wake up from 8 hours or so of sleep 4 hours before they plan to trip. Eat something light, fruit perhaps then dose 4 hours after you ate. This way you have plenty energy from the trip and it gives you a beautiful come down. Also, you notice the effects longer if you're awake for a longer period of time after the trip is over. And the next day..man..it's fantastic.

--------------------
W A R N I N G
This signature message for YOU is formulated to GRAB your ATTENTION and.. allow your mind to sink deeper and deeper within itself.. right now.. as your eyes ROOOOOLL over this text you may even notice.. your breathing starts slow down.. and you.. allow yourself to.. become calm and relaxed.. and you'll.. feel drenched in a warm and fuzzy energy.. and every time you read this message, you might.. feel that same warm and buzzing energy getting stronger and thicker..

-
"I had a friend once who told me that the worst mistake that you can make is to think that you are alive, when really you're asleep in life's waiting room." -waking life

Edited by pharmacopeia (01/30/02 01:32 AM)

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over
Re: mushroom "hangover" [Re: pharmacopeia]
    #535563 - 01/30/02 01:51 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

YOU GET A HEADACHE BECAUSE YOUR BRAIN WAS BLEEDING!!!!!!!!!!!1

OfflineVandenberg
journeyman
Loc: Australia
Re: mushroom "hangover" [Re: Brugman]
    #535595 - 01/30/02 02:29 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

HAHAHAAAA!!!!

OfflineJust a Punk
Shithawk

Loc: Canada
    #539387 - 02/03/02 03:17 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

If the shrooms are not homegrown I wouldn't be surprised if it was due to mould.

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
:B

OfflinePsyFlux
enthusiast

#539417 - 02/03/02 03:46 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hm, if start tripping early in the morning I have a terrible headache that evening. But I found out that when you go to sleep before that headache comes up I don't have any trouble at all. And the next day when I wakeup I feel refreshed and euphoric indeed :smile:

I do lose a bit of my taste for food the next day tho... food just doesn't taste as good anymore. Not that I'm not hungry like when I'm tripping, but it just doesn't taste as good anymore for two days. I think that's because of the strong taste of the mushrooms actually. 

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #540980 - 02/05/02 03:46 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I get swollen-head-aches. I've got one right now from Saturday night. I think it might be certain strains that cause them, I'm not too sure though. This is the only negative side effect that I have ever experienced from shrooms.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineLord_A
Loc: Netherlands
    #540997 - 02/05/02 04:47 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

From cubensis i don't get headaches the day after. The last time on cyanescens i had a haedache the next day. Besides that i don't have physical effects but i do experience a mental silence the day after and no will to do anything.

--------------------
a strange direction can be a beautiful opportunity

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re: mushroom "hangover" [Re: Lord_A]
    #549745 - 02/13/02 06:37 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

fuck all that shit... the day after i trip i feel better than the day before i tripped... even if i have a disturbing trip... i do sit around and not talk and think all day..... but i feel great physically... key is the same on any drug including meth and coke... i wouldnt do any drug at all of course... but when its come down time... eat something you know you can keep down and non greasy... say chicken noodle soup and bread... then go to bed... sleep a good 6-8 hours... if you guys are having back aches its from being tense during the trip! not from the psilo... i never have ANY body effects after acid or shroom trips... unless im on some speedy acid and im just tensed up the entire time.... i know some of you people have NO sense of your own body at all but pay more close attenion next time your tripping if you have a sore back... your probabally not sitting up straight w/ bad posture the ENTIRE time or your tensed up... TRUST me its you guys not the drugs the drugs are good :-)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate