Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

'Sting' on middle-class drug use [UK]
    #5233394 - 01/27/06 10:35 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

'Sting' on middle-class drug use
January 28, 2006 - BBC

Undercover detectives are posing as drug pushers in "sting operations" to catch middle-class cocaine users, the Metropolitan Police Commissioner says.

Scotland Yard was using smartly dressed officers to catch more affluent drug takers, Sir Ian Blair told the Times.

It comes a day after Sir Ian apologised for saying "almost nobody" understood why the Soham schoolgirl murders in 2002 became such a big story.

But he stood by comments that the race of victims impacted on the news agenda.

In an interview with the newspaper, Sir Ian said he wanted middle-class users of the Class A drug to recognise the impact their habit had elsewhere.

The operations are said to honour a pledge the commissioner made on assuming control of Britain's biggest force a year ago, when he insisted he wanted to stop cocaine replacing wine at dinner parties.

Sir Ian told the Times said: "What we are trying to do is make people understand that when they buy from a supplier... they find they are buying from a Metropolitan Police officer. And that is quite an upsetting experience, I understand."

Hidden cameras

He said the strategy - which includes sting operations mounted in bars and clubs which are monitored by hidden cameras - is proving successful.

"People need to think that young men died in estates in North London so that someone else can have a wrap of cocaine."

The people caught were not celebrities, but they were also not the kind of person who would be buying cocaine from "a street dealer in Brixton", he added.

However, he told the paper that officers were unlikely to actively disrupt parties in a bid to stop drug use, saying: "I can't imagine the circumstances in which the men of the Yard are crashing through the door of a Hampstead dinner party."

On Friday Sir Ian apologised "unreservedly" for any offence caused to the parents of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman for his comments on the Soham murders.

He said while the murders of two schoolgirls in 2002 were "dreadful crimes", he remarked that "almost nobody" understood why it became such a big story.

He stood by his comments, which were made at the Metropolitan Police Authority's monthly meeting, that race impacted on the news agenda in the media.

Sir Ian was criticised by campaigners and some Metropolitan Police Authority members and media representatives over his views.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: 'Sting' on middle-class drug use [UK] [Re: veggie]
    #5234349 - 01/28/06 07:04 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

The operations are said to honour a pledge the commissioner made on assuming control of Britain's biggest force a year ago, when he insisted he wanted to stop cocaine replacing wine at dinner parties.

Damn this guy's got major control issues. Who cares if a group of people sit around sniffing cocaine instead of sipping on wine? You're losing money from wine sales I suppose, but that could easily be remedied by legalizing and regulating/taxing sales.

It seems as though our politicians have their head up their asses and act like children.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineRemainRandom50
Do You Need ToKnow Me?
Re: 'Sting' on middle-class drug use [UK] [Re: dblaney]
    #5234451 - 01/28/06 08:22 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

what a crock of shit.

--------------------
At times I get consumed by my everyday life and will leave the Shroomery. Yet, every time drugs come falling into my life for fun.....I always think about the Shroomery and then I'm back!

OfflineCUBErt
Connoisseur ofHallucination
Male

Loc: Southern CA
Re: 'Sting' on middle-class drug use [UK] [Re: veggie]
    #5240374 - 01/29/06 09:53 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

"The operations are said to honour a pledge the commissioner made on assuming control of Britain's biggest force a year ago, when he insisted he wanted to stop cocaine replacing wine at dinner parties."

Great idea, because we all know alcohol is not really a drug and does not have the potential for abuse.  :rolleyes:

--------------------
-CUBErt
:cubie::levitate::cubie:

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder