Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Inducing Nightmares
    #5232159 - 01/27/06 05:22 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

After having a vivid nightmare recently (that I could not accurately explain; like many dreams, nightmares usually sound stupid when you write them out, diametrically opposed to the experience itself), I've been thinking of ways to try and induce nightmares more often. They are, in my opinion, the best and most lasting of dreams; even after waking up, the feelings and surreality of the dream remained for hours, making nightmares also the most potent way to communicate the subconscious to our waking lives. I've read that Salvador Dali would set up his canvas and paints near his bed, so that immediately upon waking up he could go straight to painting in hopes of preserving and communicating the dreamscape into a permanent medium. I would wish to do the same, except in the format of the written word rather than the painted image.

Anyway, are there any methods that work for you to induce nightmares?

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Inducing Nightmares [Re: Ravus]
    #5232182 - 01/27/06 05:27 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Reviewing my childhood.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#5232186 - 01/27/06 05:27 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

They say high doses of melatonin have been known to induce nightmares. It has in my case. It will give you extremely vivid dreams, that's for sure.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #5232192 - 01/27/06 05:30 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

If you want vivid dreams that are easy to remember, then just cut out the middle man. You don't need sleep. Just smoke 50mg of 20x salvia and you will have the most vivid dreams possible...you won't even need to be asleep. If you want "nightmares" I am sure you could find one in there somewhere pretty easy.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Inducing Nightmares [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #5232200 - 01/27/06 05:31 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Hey that's cheating. But it would most likely work. It can get pretty weird in there. Wherever there is.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Inducing Nightmares [Re: Icelander]
    #5232209 - 01/27/06 05:33 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I have been trying to map it out lately, but it is much too large...and my compass quit working.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#5232222 - 01/27/06 05:36 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Good to know you are still exploring with her.

--------------------

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#5232226 - 01/27/06 05:37 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I remember I was smoking salvia 20x on the side of a mountain. I ended up falling off while at the climax of the trip. My trip was my stumbling down the side of the mountain. It was intense, to say the least.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Inducing Nightmares [Re: spud]
    #5232234 - 01/27/06 05:38 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Mountain sides are not the place for Salvia without a sitter. Unless of course you like the ride. Then I suggest cliffs. :grin:

--------------------

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#5232239 - 01/27/06 05:40 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

It was pretty interesting. Until I sobered up, then it just sucked.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#5232242 - 01/27/06 05:40 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think it matters where you are because you always end up in salvia-space. It is better to be where your body is safe from the consensual reality. Thanks to you for getting me re-interested. In 97 I tried the fresh leaves and got very little out of it.

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5232254 - 01/27/06 05:43 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

When I was into intense dreamwork (about ten years ago), I experimented with dream inducements.

The most effective nightmare inducer for me was reading horror novels or viewing horror movies.  I chose the more "chilling" variety, vs. slasher/gore films or books.  If it raised the hairs on the back of my neck, I knew it would be "back" later that night. :eek:

King, Koontz & Barker.  :thumbup:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Inducing Nightmares [Re: Veritas]
    #5232262 - 01/27/06 05:46 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Here's JOHNNY! :evil:

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5232270 - 01/27/06 05:48 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

*shiver*

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Inducing Nightmares [Re: Veritas]
    #5232285 - 01/27/06 05:52 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

If you have a nightmare tonight, I will be there to comfort you.  :evil: HEHE.

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5232304 - 01/27/06 05:57 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

:seeya:

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5232316 - 01/27/06 06:01 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Trying smoking half a gram of Salvia extract out of a gravity bong. I've done this three times, plus I have smoked Salvia on top of marihuana more times than I can remember. I never get much effects from just smoking it out of a pipe, but if I use a gravitybong... it blows the top of my head off. The first time I gravitybonged Salvia I had an absolutely terrible time. I can hardly remember anything, except the feeling of complete fear and pain. I was so out of it I pissed myself. The second time was also unpleasant, but I refrained from ruining my pants (although, I did hurt my wrist). The third time was just bizarre, I thought I was a tree and when I came back to "reality" I thought I was delusional. In other words, I thought I was a tree hallucinating that I was a human!

I doubt I'll do this again.... Maybe far in the future, but these experiences were far from pleasant and I feel I've becomed [more] disturbed because of them.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Inducing Nightmares [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5232405 - 01/27/06 06:27 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Why use 1/2 a gram? Use 20x and you only need 50 or so milligrams to do the same thing.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Inducing Nightmares [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5232447 - 01/27/06 06:42 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Salvia has never completely blown the top of my head off, though I nevertheless have received pretty vivid delusions and weird sensations from the extracts.

To date, I have only induced one nightmare that I directly correlate to my activities (though since I did not repeat it as such, it is not scientific, just personal logic). I was at a LAN party, and had a combination of sleep deprivation and caffeine. I had probably been awake for 45+ hours, drinking coffee constantly, and soon I just had to sleep, but I was still a bit jittery from the caffeine. On top of it all, I was extremely cold, since it was the middle of winter in a not-so-well heated building, and overall just uncomfortable (no pillow, no sleeping bag, hadn't showered for a couple days, dehydrated, etc).

I fell asleep, and remember wandering down dark halls in a delusional haze. As it turns out, I started sleepwalking in a nightmare, something I have never done before, and never done since. Very creepy experience, and apparently I scared a few people there too, since I went from black monitor to black monitor, staring at them like there was something there. I don't know what exactly caused me to sleepwalk in a nightmare, whether it was mostly one of the factors or all of them combined, but it was still pretty cool. Too bad it took so much discomfort to induce it.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5232731 - 01/27/06 08:20 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I tried that, great visuals, but didn't even compare to the intensity of half a gram.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder