Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
My midnight adventure
    #5224457 - 01/26/06 12:46 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

This is going on my Myspace blog as well.

At about midnight I decided to go for a walk. I walked out of my apartment and was gone for about forty-five minutes or so.

As I walked back to my apartment I realized that I did not have my keys. I usually do not lock my door so this is not a problem (I live in a decent neighborhood). Well, this time I had accidentally locked my door. My keys were locked in my apartment. And on top of it all, my cell phone was locked in there as well.

What should I do in a situation like this? I checked my windows to see if any were unlocked (they weren't). I ran a bunch of scenarios through my head. Could I just sleep in my car until morning and then I could call my landlord from a payphone? Nope...my car was also locked. Could I call my landlord to come unlock the door? Nope...his number is stored in my cell phone (which is locked in my apartment) and I have no idea what it is. I started to get desperate. It was 1 AM and it was cold.

I walked to a nearby bar to see if I could call a locksmith. The bartender ignored me for a long time, handed me the wrong phone book, and then proceeded to ignore me again. Fucking asshole. Just because you have stylishly spiked hair and you work in some uppity bar where hip 20 something?s hang out?.this means you?re hot shit? You probably spend more time in front of a mirror than most women do you prissy metro-sexual faggot.

I then walked to another bar. The bartender there was much more helpful. We called about five locksmiths. All of them advertised "24 hour service", yet four of them didn't even pick up the phone. What the fuck is the point of having 24 hour service if you refuse to answer your phone? The fifth locksmith said that they don't do residential calls after 10 pm. ...So people are not allowed to lock themselves out of their homes after 10 PM I take it? Fucking douche bags!

I had to go to my upstairs neighbor to wake her up. I felt like such an asshole and I apologized profusely. I asked her if she could call the landlord. I got the landlord's wife on the phone. I asked her if she or her husband would come over and unlock my front door. She said that she couldn't leave because her son was there and she didn't know where her husband was (he wasn't answering his cell phone). The only option I had left was to break down the inside door that separates the two apartments in my building. I told her I would replace the door. She said, "Ok...go ahead". This inside door is pretty lightweight and it has a wimpy lock on it. After running into it with my shoulder three or four times it ripped open.

So, now I have to pay to get a new door installed, my landlord is probably going to be pissed at me for breaking the inside door, my upstairs neighbor probably thinks I'm an idiot, and I'm not going to get enough sleep.

Jesus fucking Christ! Is this the night from hell or what? Well, at least I?m not a metro-sexual.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: My midnight adventure [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5224475 - 01/26/06 12:54 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

that sucks man. But you told a good story. :thumbup:

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #5224476 - 01/26/06 12:54 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

your house is very secure.

we dont even lock our doors!

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana Flag
Re: My midnight adventure [Re: sui]
    #5224482 - 01/26/06 12:57 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

suimush said:
that sucks man. But you told a good story. :thumbup:

heh. yup. i enjoyed reading your tale, as well.

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: My midnight adventure [Re: thePatient]
    #5224486 - 01/26/06 12:59 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

you will sleep well tonite.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
    #5224493 - 01/26/06 01:02 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

hehe

uh, why hurt your shoulder ramming when you can do a kick with more strength and less pain?

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

InvisibleAliceDee
-L S D-
Male
Re: My midnight adventure [Re: PDU]
    #5224499 - 01/26/06 01:05 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

howd you lock yourself out in the first place if you didnt have your keys??? i never use the little twisty lock cuz whenever i do that i always lock myself out...

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: My midnight adventure [Re: eligal]
    #5224504 - 01/26/06 01:07 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

eligal said:
uh, why hurt your shoulder ramming when you can do a kick with more strength and less pain?

The area that the inside door occupies is very cramped. There is no room to kick. There was only room to use my shoulder.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: My midnight adventure [Re: AliceDee]
    #5224508 - 01/26/06 01:08 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

AliceDee said:
howd you lock yourself out in the first place if you didnt have your keys???

I used the twisty door knob lock.

OfflineBlek
Stranger
Male

Loc: The universe
    #5224545 - 01/26/06 01:28 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I locked my keys in my car today as well. Good ol coathanger never fails though :p

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#5224623 - 01/26/06 02:04 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Fuck man, that sucks. Nothing more can be said.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

OfflineDfekt
Your mother wouldn't approve...
Male

Loc: UK
Re: My midnight adventure [Re: daimyo]
    #5225124 - 01/26/06 07:49 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

You have a (flimsy) door that leads from your apartment to next door's?? Doesnt that make you kinda paranoid knowing your neighbours could be listening in or bust through the door into your place any time they want (and vice versa)?

--------------------
"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit." ~Oscar Wilde

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: My midnight adventure [Re: Dfekt]
    #5225905 - 01/26/06 12:46 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

A few months ago I did the same thing. Luckily (actually not at all) theres a window near the front door that is in the kitchen.  I took off the screen to the window, got a busted up chair that we had waiting to be thrown away and climbed in through the window.  And this was in plain daylight, about 4 houses down from a busy intersection.  It was 3pm and there are 4, I say again, 4!!! schools in our neighborhood.  All the schools let out at the same time of course and it is just a madhouse when that happens.  It rivals sporting venue's mad dash to exit the stadium after a game.  I'm surprised the cops weren't called to my house.

And Randal, yes, at least you're not a metrosexual.  I think that was what you were meant to learn. :grin:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: My midnight adventure [Re: Dfekt]
    #5226079 - 01/26/06 01:32 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MistaMiner said:
You have a (flimsy) door that leads from your apartment to next door's?? Doesnt that make you kinda paranoid knowing your neighbours could be listening in or bust through the door into your place any time they want (and vice versa)?

My neighbor doesn't seem the type who is going to break into my place. She is a 20-ish upstanding normal looking person (even though I complained about her noisy habits in that thread once).

OfflineDfekt
Your mother wouldn't approve...
Male

Loc: UK
    #5227018 - 01/26/06 05:27 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

lol... u never know, dont tempt fate :grin:

--------------------
"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit." ~Oscar Wilde

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
    #5227126 - 01/26/06 05:49 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

After my apartment was broken into several months back, my landlord made my apartment almost unbreakable.

I locked myself out a few months back. I had to ask my nieghbor to call my landlord for that one. He lives 30 minutes away. That sucked ass, but not as bad as the very last time I locked myself out.

Me and my sister went out to a club that night. I handed her my keys because she was the only one carrying a purse. Anyway, we get home at 3 am and the keys are no where to be found. I have a security door and usually it's propped open when I'm out, but this time it was f**ken locked.

I couldn't call my nieghbor or my landlord. I didn't have either of their numbers on hand. So we had to wait outside on the street corner for our ride to come and get us from 30 miles away. I had no where else to go.

During our wait there. Several cars stopped by to say "hi"
I'm sure they thought we were hookers. Haha.
Some of them were pretty entertaining because they were drunk and shit. We simply explained our situation and amazingly enough, they didn't bother us too much.

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

OfflineMicrocosmatrix
Spiral staircasetechnician
Male

Loc: Ythan's house
Re: My midnight adventure [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #5227195 - 01/26/06 06:00 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I'm sure they thought we were hookers. Haha.

Of course..

--------------------
:orly:

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: My midnight adventure [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #5227247 - 01/26/06 06:07 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah man....I'm never forgetting my keys ever again. That was way too much of a hassle.

Here's an update: I came home today to find my landlord screwing the door shut. He said he would replace the door but, for now he wanted to secure the old one. He said, "The upstairs girl was kind of freaked out about having an open door between the two apartments." Now, I can kind of understand that. I certainly would prefer the inside door to be locked between our apartments as well...not because I distrust the upstairs girl but because a bunch of shit could happen. What if she had a guest over and this guest was shady and he/she decided to go check my place out for valuables for example?

However, the way he said it made it sound like she was afraid of me or something. I don't consider myself to be very menacing looking or acting. I don't think I give off that aura or anything. So, I was a little miffed about that. Oh well.

Offlinedrtyfrnk
PresidentialCandidate 2008
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #5229156 - 01/26/06 11:27 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
Is this the night from hell or what?  Well, at least I?m not a metro-sexual.

Always looking on the bright side eh Randall?

:laugh:

Awesome story btw

--------------------
It's Krang, Bitch!  :krang:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder