Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

AI Neural Networks
    #5221815 - 01/25/06 01:49 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Im going to try to make one to analyze trends and patterns [input] based on real time information to predict an outcome as accurately as possible based on the information and settings provided[output]

Anyone here ever compile one / use one ?

any tips / advice on training / setting up

they are for sale for $3000+

dont think the pirates ship reaches that far yet though

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDarcho
PhysicallyDetermined

Re: AI Neural Networks [Re: fresh313]
    #5223694 - 01/25/06 09:10 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I haven't compiled or ever used one, but I am learning about them in school (generally speaking).

You may want to look into the theory behind them first. I suggest looking into connectionism and connectionist networks. There is a tonne of literature on this stuff, ranging between philosophy, computer science, mathematics, cognitive science, neuroscience, and psychology. A connectionist network is just another way of talking about artificial neural networks. Technically speaking, there are no such thing as AI neural networks, since AI is a separate approach to modelling the mind, and in fact AI and connectionism are rival theories of mind. AI is based upon symbols and computations with those symbols, while connectionism is based upon a network of nodes that inhibit and exhibit each other. AI is to serial processing as artificial neural networks (ANNs) are to parallel processing. (Mind you, this is not necessarily true of all AI, but only true if by "AI" one means the classical approach to modelling the mind as a symbolic system (as mentioned above).)

Here are a few pages with some introductory information on connectionist networks:

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/connectionism/ (There are a lot of good resources listed at the bottom of this page.)

http://www.philosophyprofessor.com/philosophies/connectionism.php

http://artsci.wustl.edu/~philos/MindDict/connectionism.html

And good ol' wikipedia, which I shouldn't even have to post, but what the hell: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connectionism

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: AI Neural Networks [Re: Darcho]
    #5224588 - 01/26/06 01:50 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

im getting the concept of an ANN

the brain does all this analyzing of statistal data much better and faster than any computer system possibly could. the brain learns in real time by recieving feedback , analyzing, and then changing its neural design/architecture.

so an artficial neural net is created using artificial neurons with weighted inputs and one output, then its arranged with multiple layers, the more layers the greater the interaction between neurons.

i found a NN script that learns off past data then tries to predict future values. i think the key is not to just use the neural network but to combine it with the real thing, that takes out the possibility of complete autonomy though

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #5224972 - 01/26/06 05:20 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

The majority of work getting a neural network to function properly is understanding the statistics behind the data and formatting the data in a statistically meaningful manner for the neural network to process. Simply feeding values into a neural network and hoping that it finds some magic relationship to spit back out doesn't work. There are also many different types of neural networks beyond what has been described in this thread. It would be an error to assume that all networks have three layers. The common backpropagation neural network does use three layers, but other popular networks, such as a kohonen network do not.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: AI Neural Networks [Re: Seuss]
    #5225962 - 01/26/06 01:03 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

yeah right now i am using a one already made for this application, its a backpropogation nn.

this is a daily chart, if u can see here its channeling between 1.1745 and 1.1450

the neural network chart at the bottom still has room down to support at .1057 . the chart shows support at 1.1450. so my prediction based off this is that it will hit support at 1.1450 and bounce back up to 1.1745.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #5227628 - 01/26/06 07:04 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I've played around with a few. Playing around doesn't cut it with neural networks. This was when commercial applications first started emerging, so they were very primitive. I found it far to complex and time consuming to hold my attention.

Looking at your chart I see candlestick patterns for what I'm assuming is the FOREX market. Correct? This was exactly the reason I became interested in them so long ago. Me and everyone else of course. Coincidentally my interest for this very subject was just recently renewed. My approach is fundamental at this point, with an eye toward technical, but not as technical as what your doing. What are you doing by the way...if I may.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineDarcho
PhysicallyDetermined

#5228624 - 01/26/06 09:26 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

What program is that, and is it available for download?

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: AI Neural Networks [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #5228634 - 01/26/06 09:27 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

thats a forex chart , ive been studying these for awhile
it charts daily the movement of the currency USDvsCAD
a candlestick shows the high, low, then open and close prices as the body of the candlestick.
so u should be able to see a pattern in that chart on how it reacts to the support and resistance price levels. how it kind of bounces off one then goes to the other, till it break out of the channel and goes to a new one, or starts a new trend. so like right now id be waiting for a turnaround point back up to 1.1745. so the key is to wait till it hits down around support then buy it and then sell it near resistance. the same thing can then be done at the top of a channel by shorting.

im combining the neural network indicator with my own system of techinical analysis.

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: AI Neural Networks [Re: Darcho]
    #5228681 - 01/26/06 09:34 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

its a program called MetaTrader originally
It came with my Forex demo account @ interbankfx.com

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #5228915 - 01/26/06 10:34 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I assumed most of those trading platforms were expert systems (if they could be called that). I thought everything was calculated according to the data you provide it using predetermined equations.

Are many of them ANN's?

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#5228937 - 01/26/06 10:39 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #5229764 - 01/27/06 02:25 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

> Are many of them ANN's?

There are a few portfolios (correct wording? I'm a cs, not an economist) that are traded entirely based upon the output of ANNs... I have the reference for this at home in one of my books on neural networks. I will try to remember and look up the name of the funds.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder