Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
amazonians and cold shock
    #521509 - 01/15/02 05:50 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I have a couple amazonian cakes that havent pinned yet, its been 5 days but i can ussaully get cakes to pin by then. my terrarium is at the right conditions. should i cold shock them or am i trippin? if so how long should i cold shock them? wouldnt 12 hours be enough? and do i put them back in the jar? any suggestions?

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblear393
old timer
Male
Loc: VT
Re: amazonians and cold shock [Re: pleezr]
    #523369 - 01/17/02 09:04 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

trust me, just give them time...they take a long long long time to pin, my cat has a lot expereince recently withthe amazons, just give them time and it will be worth it.
peace, ar393

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #523568 - 01/17/02 02:29 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Just be patient. Mine took almost 2 weeks this last time. Probably 10 days the time before.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Re: amazonians and cold shock [Re: ar393]
    #523584 - 01/17/02 02:54 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

one other thing, when i birthed these amazonians the cakes had massive pins,but they all died off and got no bigger than they were in the jar(tiny fuckers some long and skiny). my eqs were the same way, all the invitro pins dies off and then i got my flushes from new sets of pins, anyone else have this happen?

--------------------
pleezr

Anonymous

#523590 - 01/17/02 03:02 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Do not cold shock cubensis. It slows them down.
If your first flush died upon birthing, it will take alittle extra time. You are now working on your second flush. Birth them before you see pins. Just wait until the cakes are completely colonized, give them an extra day or two beyond that, and birth them.

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Re: amazonians and cold shock [Re: ]
    #523614 - 01/17/02 03:33 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

acually they pinned like crazy before the substrate was even fully colonized, the only light i exposed them to was when i check the colonization progres(once a day), i must have triggered the pinning to early somehow. could it be that the jars incubated at fluctuating temps(70-85)? these few jars were not in a incubator, they sat in a warm part of the house under a blanket.

--------------------
pleezr

Invisiblemrdasani
enthusiast
    #523640 - 01/17/02 04:08 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I believe its a good idea to cold shock, and if you already saw the primordia (pinning) then your not gonna be able to see the mycelium colonize the casing. But if your waiting for the primordia on casing thats been colonized, I'd agree with the rest, just wait now. Cold shock is good too, but waiting is now your best option.

--------------------
"Come on you raver, you seer of visions,
come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner, and shine!" - Pink Floyd (Wish You Were Here 1975)

"Never underestimate the power of denial." -from American Beauty.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate