Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDOONEY
Eating Contaminated Shrooms?
    #520649 - 01/14/02 04:14 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

This is a question for all somewhat experienced eaters/growers...
Is there a change that I could have eaten/grown some contaminated mushrooms, or is it true that any mushrooms grown on my cakes are ok to eat? I ask this because the first batch I ate gave me a very strange, powerful, and at times scary trip. Is it possible that this is due to some type of contamination, or would any contamination completely ruin my cakes and prevent any mushrooms from growing? I'm asking cause I'm giving some of these to friends and I wouldn't want to give them contaminated mushrooms. Any help is apprecaited.
Dooney

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Eating Contaminated Shrooms? [Re: DOONEY]
    #521287 - 01/15/02 04:47 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Contaminated shrooms might make you sick, and they might kill you. You had an intense trip, that's all.

OfflineDOONEY
Re: Eating Contaminated Shrooms? [Re: puscle]
    #521410 - 01/15/02 03:53 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

puscle,
thanks for the response man. But my real question is, how will I know (before I eat them and get violently ill or die) that my mushrooms are contaminated? Are there any telltale signs that a p.cubensis mushroom is contaminated, or do I just have to watch the cakes for strange growth?
thanks again puscle.
DOONEY

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
Re: Eating Contaminated Shrooms? [Re: DOONEY]
    #521907 - 01/16/02 12:53 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

i dought your shrooms can get contaminated if your cake is not contaminated, if your cakes/casing is fine the shrooms are fine

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: One dimension
Re: Eating Contaminated Shrooms? [Re: pleezr]
    #524382 - 01/18/02 10:04 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Can mushrooms grow on contaminated cakes? I ask this because my cake turned a little bit blue during the first flush and now I have a second flush! Thank you!

--------------------
I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

Offlinefresh357
addict

Re: Eating Contaminated Shrooms? [Re: dumlovesyou]
    #524608 - 01/18/02 01:51 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

yes they can grow on contaminated cakes....but stop being so paranoid. If you dont see any mold or smell any funky bacteria you should be fine.
The reason your cake is blue is because you bruised it.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Eating Contaminated Shrooms? [Re: dumlovesyou]
    #534839 - 01/29/02 09:57 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, shrooms can grow on contaminated cakes. The fruitbodies themselves can become targets of some types of fungi and bacteria. You can also induce bacteria growth inside the fruitbody from slow or incomplete drying. Use your eyes and nose. If it looks bad or smells wrong, then don't eat it. If the center of the fresh fruitbody is black and/or slimey, don't eat it. Typically, a bit of fuzz around the base of the fruitbody, or a bit of blue/black bruising on the fruit body is normal. The caps often have a slimey feel to them as well. If there is fuzz on the fruitbody, make sure it is shroom-fuzz and not cobweb mold, mildew, etc.

Shroom trips can be unpredictable at times. If you are not relaxed and in control of your life, the experience will often take an unpleasant turn. The homegrown shrooms, in my friends experience, are much much much more potent than what you get from the local bodega or cow pasture.

The more flushes you harvest, the worse the mycelium you are harvesting from will look. My friend has taken fruit from some pretty nasty looking mycelium (lots of bruising and overlay) after two or three flushes and had no problems at all. Just keep an eye out for contaminates and toss your tray in the trash when they finally move in.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck