Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSolidcell
tolerance++;
Male

Loc: Memphis & 53rd
Reliable and cheap syringes
    #5201393 - 01/20/06 01:23 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Hey, I've ordered my magic mushrooms already any im getting all the last parts together. I've been looking at legal edible mushrooms recently, and I'd also like to grow them for fun seeing as how they look so much cooler and unique than psychadelic shrooms. I was looking around on google and all i could find was this expensive place 101spores.com, does anyone have a good recommendation for a reliable supplier that has reasonable costs? I think the sporelab prices are a great balance, anything like that around for gourmet mushrooms? Thanks in advance, and I'll be sure to post pictures in the coming weeks of my first grow.

--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." -Voltaire

"Everything that I accepted as being true up to now I acquired from the senses or through the senses. However, I have occasionally found that they deceive me, and it is prudent never to trust those who have deceived us, even if only once." -Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesmarties
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Reliable and cheap syringes [Re: Solidcell]
    #5201431 - 01/20/06 01:44 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
you need supplies? clicky clicky

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
    #5201751 - 01/20/06 06:00 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

i would say sporeworks has a ok price for myc syringes....

its funny tho, to buy an actual culture ( plate or slant) the cheapest ive found was $45 per. you would think since the species are legal, they would be cheaper then the magic varieties..

May cost a little more in supplies for the merchant, but obtaining them would be easier and lot less of a risk

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #5201797 - 01/20/06 06:38 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Solidcell said:
Hey, I've ordered my magic mushrooms already any im getting all the last parts together.  I've been looking at legal edible mushrooms recently, and I'd also like to grow them for fun seeing as how they look so much cooler and unique than psychadelic shrooms.  I was looking around on google and all i could find was this expensive place 101spores.com, does anyone have a good recommendation for a reliable supplier that has reasonable costs?  I think the sporelab prices are a great balance, anything like that around for gourmet mushrooms?  Thanks in advance, and I'll be sure to post pictures in the coming weeks of my first grow.

Edible cultures cost more than cubensis spore syringes.  But, you get your culture syringe, and you can expand that out as much as you want--inoculate a few grain jars with the original syringe, spawn a couple of those to wood or straw or whatever; save one of those jars and inject it, once it's colonized, with maybe 50-100ml of sterile water.  Shake the jar around, get the mycelium in suspension in the sterile water, draw it out with a sterile syringe, inject that liquid culture into a sterilized pint jar or into sterilized grain jars, etc.  Then get a spore print and start the cycle all over.  Fungi are cool like that.  :laugh:

Or, if it's a species that does well with liquid culture (I've only heard black poplar doesn't like LC?  Is this true?), just inject that culture syringe into some sterilized jars of malt/dextrose solution and you get several hundred milliliters of of culture--and go from there.  :wink:

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

OfflineSolidcell
tolerance++;
Male

Re: Reliable and cheap syringes [Re: GnuBobo]
    #5203873 - 01/20/06 06:24 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I know how to make prints, fill syringes, and grow, i just need the know the cheapest places to get legal mushroom prints/spore syringes/or liquid cultures. They're expensive, but if its the only way besides hunting, which isnt possible here.... unless, is it allowed/possible to trade prints with others of legal shrooms? Buying a few doesnt seem too bad, and if you can trade with others that dont have your strain and vise versa... that's be amazing.

--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

"Everything that I accepted as being true up to now I acquired from the senses or through the senses. However, I have occasionally found that they deceive me, and it is prudent never to trust those who have deceived us, even if only once." -Descartes

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #5204024 - 01/20/06 07:16 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Get some maitake and oysters and I'll trade you reishi and black poplar.  :wink:

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Offlineshroomsynergy
Fungi Freak
Male

Loc: Andromeda
Re: Reliable and cheap syringes [Re: GnuBobo]
    #5204062 - 01/20/06 07:29 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I have found that my favorite cheep way to get plug spawn, and inocculate into sawdust (i vary the type of dust depending on the variety) and then use the culture in there in bulk materials. this is a little harder for me than syringes, but i get a hell of alot more bang for my buck. if your bored give it a try. i get my spawn from www.fungi.com usually. for me the only downside to this is that it is easier to contaminate the culture if your not extra carefull.

good luck

--------------------

OfflineSolidcell
tolerance++;
Male

Re: Reliable and cheap syringes [Re: shroomsynergy]
    #5206249 - 01/21/06 12:12 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

wow that fungi.com is mad expensive. I think I'll stick with the $18 syringes from spore101

--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag