Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCubensisCutter
mycologist
 User Gallery

another cow dung question
    #5199750 - 01/19/06 05:53 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

after learning that my feild might turn into a faggity ass golf course retirement communtiy for gay fuckin old people, the thought crossed my mind to take as miuch cow poop home and make pretty big sized pile in my backyard. so i have a few questions:

1.should i throw them all in a pile or lay them next to each other?
2. what should i look for when choosing a pile of crap? (color/hardness/does it really make a f*kin diffrence?
3. should i leave the patties that have already had cubes grow, or will there still be nutrients in them to produce more cubes
4. my main concern - spores.... will the spores in the crap still be good by upcoming summer? or will new ones need to be introduced?

any tips would be nice

btw it is this pic by Peaceful Nomad in his KS Cubes 2005 season thread that inspired me to make a pile of cow shit
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/05-37/692333947-cube_fairy_ring2.jpg

--------------------

thats right cubes in december bitches

Edited by CubensisCutter (01/19/06 06:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: another cow dung question [Re: CubensisCutter]
    #5199893 - 01/19/06 06:30 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Cube... It may work for a season but after that I don't think you would have anything but a well fertilized flower bed...

I did the same thing over the last Summer and had some good luck.. But it all faded as the nutrients were consumed and the conditions changed..

Not all the spoor in a shit will grow...Its hard as hell to grow mushrooms in shit straight from the fields..

You would have better luck to wate tell the weather warms up and then find the colonized patty's and bring them home..
It will kinda kill some of the guess work..

You need to get more into the cultivation of the spoor you have in a controlled condition and then take it all outside when the weather gets warmer...

Do a look in the grow log forum and look for outdoor bulk grows.. I think you will be surprised..
You can grow all the mushrooms you found this year in a couple months :wink:

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Offlinelwo
Stranger
Loc: redland USA
Re: another cow dung question [Re: CubensisCutter]
    #5200642 - 01/19/06 09:45 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Most of the cube spores fall on the  grass.. IF they have been around recently try to mow the lawn and mix the grass in with the manure you take( in truckloads)
Spread the bed out in a footage area which allows the manure to be at least half a foot deep.. Possibly even dig a hole and fill it with the manure/grass.
Water during dry spells... watch for mushrooms and hope for the best.
If no shrooms grow, you have a killer garden bed... for well, you know plants!
:mushroom2: :sunny:

--------------------
Weed Love When the cherry is bomb, get it on.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder