Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDarkDisciple
The Ninja

a questionable setup
    #5189349 - 01/16/06 11:23 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

okay so i have just done my first grain jars. i don't have a PC so i am nervous. i am have been told to add my 24 quarts of WBS to coir(i found bed a beast at Petsmart), i got enough for 24 quarts. so grand total i will have about 48 quarts of colonized material. i will case in 50/50 verm/pete. i have 16 square ft. i have never done a bulk grow but this is all about the first flush. do you think, given a medium estimate that this will be a pound? i am hoping 1 oz per sqaure foot, too much?

--------------------
Pride is a Fool's Version of Wisdom
-Anonymous

"Don't study the idea to death with experts and committees. Get on with it and see if it works."

-Ken Iverson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
Re: a questionable setup [Re: DarkDisciple]
    #5189365 - 01/16/06 11:29 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I posted this on another thread but I think it applies here

I would suggest you look into perfecting your technique and not results...from perfecting your tek is the only way to get results....so you should look not look at just the yields...

basically if you knew what your doing then this would not be a question...

so try to reverse engineering...Big yield>>>experience and knowledge all of witch has to be sought for...read search

--------------------

Atheist Chat

InvisibleSillicybin
Loc: Flag
Re: a questionable setup [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #5189376 - 01/16/06 11:36 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

If you're not using h/poo, then I would look at straw as an alternative to (or in addition to) coir, personally - but that's just because I've just had a good experience with it, and I've read of good experiences in the grow log forums.

For reference, I just harvested ~50 dry grams from 3" substrates and ~3 square feet of surface area with mediocre pinsets and non-pH balanced casing.

OfflineDarkDisciple
The Ninja

Re: a questionable setup [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #5189390 - 01/16/06 11:41 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the post man. i agree with the philosophy and i am always for searching new info. reading posts and grow logs. but sometimes i misread or skip something, or something doesn't apply to my exact setup. which is why i try to ask questions about my specific setup. this is a hobby for me, but hey man i am a scientist, and i am just trying to do preliminary research to see what i can expect, how often i would need to grow for x amount of months supply. x square feet is x supply for this setup. and that will come with experience i know. but obsessing over numbers is a personal quirk.

--------------------
-Anonymous

"Don't study the idea to death with experts and committees. Get on with it and see if it works."

-Ken Iverson

OfflineDarkDisciple
The Ninja

#5190367 - 01/17/06 08:56 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

anyone else wanna weigh in on this, what the most anyone has gotten froma square ft

--------------------
-Anonymous

-Ken Iverson

Offlinekanpan
The Beast
 User Gallery

Loc: Kanbodia
    #5190385 - 01/17/06 09:04 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DarkDisciple said:
okay so i have just done my first grain jars. i don't have a PC so i am nervous.

You should be nervous. Without a pc I doubt you will have much success at all. How did you sterilize the grain? Buy a pc then you have a chance at 1oz per square foot. Without you will get a good introduction in growing contams.
ENJOY

--------------------
"Love is the Law"
"Love under Will"

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: a questionable setup [Re: kanpan]
    #5190494 - 01/17/06 09:59 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know how to measure sq ft. But a 18gallon tub with rye spawned to 6" of straw will produce over a pound of dry cubensis.

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

OfflineDarkDisciple
The Ninja

Re: a questionable setup [Re: kanpan]
    #5191318 - 01/17/06 02:35 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

i used fractional sterilization with a microwave, just kinda as an experiment. i know i know that horrible and i should spring for a pc, and it is the next big purchase. has anyone had any luck using the microwave?

--------------------
-Anonymous

-Ken Iverson

Edited by DarkDisciple (01/17/06 03:07 PM)

OfflineDarkDisciple
The Ninja

#5195998 - 01/18/06 06:08 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

anyone else had any experience with fractional sterilization with a microwave?

--------------------
-Anonymous

-Ken Iverson

InvisibleMead

#5209591 - 01/22/06 09:49 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I haven't fractional sterilized with the microwave, but I have microwaved and finished fruiting wbs. Also started a different strain that is more than half colonized from the microwave 10 mins on full power with 1/2" of water over wbs, then put a little more water in and go for 10 min on various power settings.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds