Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
friend bugged out on acid, wondering if her meds interacted with it
    #5184968 - 01/15/06 07:58 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

hey,
a friend of mine took 2 hits of acid and it was soome strong shit and she freaked out screaming and having a serious psychotic episode. im wondering if her meds had to do with that. does anyone kno if the following meds might have caused a psychotic episode in conjunction with acid:
clonazepam (klonopin)
fluoxetine (prozac)
trileptal

i think i looked up something about prozac and it said that it workz on the very similar areas of the brain as acid.

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWeAreAllOne
Opethian

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: friend bugged out on acid, wondering if her meds interacted with it [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #5184973 - 01/15/06 07:59 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i'm fairly sure klonopin had nothing to do with it.

not sure about the others though.

OfflineDinahTheCat
Seeker of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginia
Re: friend bugged out on acid, wondering if her meds interacted with it [Re: WeAreAllOne]
    #5185011 - 01/15/06 08:11 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Prozac is an Ssri, but most likely it was not the medication itself, it was her. As you probably know, the most common reason someone would be prescribed to an ssri, is because of depression; mental problems such as depression and more severe like maniac depression, can be intensified or brought out by Lsd. Although i have read some on the interactions of ssris, and less common maois with lsd, i would think if your friend has severe pyschosis, or family background of mental disorders, it could be that, but if it isnt that severe, it might be the prozac. If she does not have bad mental problems, recommend her to stop the prozac for a while, to see how she reacts to it, that is if she still wants to drop acid. If she's alright with how shes feeling after about 2-3 weeks, the interaction will have stopped; but if the same "bugging out" effect occurs, its something mental. Hope everything works out.

--------------------
"Sanity is not statistical."

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: friend bugged out on acid, wondering if her meds interacted with it [Re: DinahTheCat]
    #5185038 - 01/15/06 08:17 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Just curious - why was she on these medications?
Prozac is generally used to treat depression. LSD can bring out pre-existing mental disabilities, and quickly lead to a bad trip.

Even if it wasnt an interaction with her meds (which I think it could be), it can also cause other issues to surface.

As great as LSD and other Psychedelcis are - THEY ARE NOT FOR EVERYONE.

Know yourself
Know your mind
Know your drugs
Be informed.

OfflineDinahTheCat
Seeker of Truth
Male User Gallery

Re: friend bugged out on acid, wondering if her meds interacted with it [Re: kaniz]
    #5185403 - 01/15/06 10:16 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, as we know from Syd Barret's drug use, LSD can bring out mental disorders, and can be more than temperary.

--------------------

Offlineheston
Stranger
Re: friend bugged out on acid, wondering if her meds interacted with it [Re: DinahTheCat]
    #5185485 - 01/15/06 10:37 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Alot of girls in general seem pretty unstable when it comes to drugs. Has anyone else noticed this?

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: friend bugged out on acid, wondering if her meds interacted with it [Re: heston]
    #5185529 - 01/15/06 10:46 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Yes. They are also usually less mentally stable as well. Girls seem to go super crazy over meth, coke and benzos. Men seem to enjoy weed more for some reason.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: friend bugged out on acid, wondering if her meds interacted with it [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #5185554 - 01/15/06 10:51 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:
Yes. They are also usually less mentally stable as well. Girls seem to go super crazy over meth, coke and benzos. Men seem to enjoy weed more for some reason.

I hope your joking

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: friend bugged out on acid, wondering if her meds interacted with it [Re: Kerr]
    #5186383 - 01/16/06 09:15 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

lol ^^^^

well, i have talked to her, she seems fine. but that whole episode still freaked me out pretty bad. she took the acid at about 4pm, then after about 2 hours she was saying everything i was doing was scaring her, she kept asking why everything is in so many dimensions, she said that i had too many eyeballs, she stopped speaking in anything more than the first half of a sentence, she couldnt get out any complete thoughts for the most part, she said that the christmas lights on my ceiling looked like a baby or something. then about another hour later i was in the bathroom combing my hair and suddenly i hear this blood curdling high pitched shriek of terror (it seriously sounded like something straight out of a horror film) and i ran into the room and she was kinda crouched over on the floor and flailing a bit and screaming some more. i thought she jus hallucinated something scary or something so if anyone ever asked (neighbors n shit) i was gonna jus say she fell off the bed or something. then i go back to the bathroom and she screams again. this time im worried about how long it would last. i tried to calm her down, i let my dad kno that she was having a psychotic episode (cuz she does have some history of mental illness (but no psychotic episodes thta i kno of). then she jus kept it up, i called up soem friends who knew more about acid than i do and they sent someone over within like 5 minutes who had a car. he tried calming her down out in ym living room. she jus kept pacing around back and forth and more or less in a circle batting at her hair and around her ne k and shoulder area, she kept kinda spitting air as if she just got a mouth full of hair, she would rapidly say "fuuuuck fuck fuck fuck fuck" every once in a while, every time we tried talking to her she went through a cycle of saying "what do u mean?" "three!" "why?" and eventually another scream. everytime she asked "what do u mean?" i knew she was gonna scream again eventually. at some point we got her to come around enough to answer whether or not hse was alright, we tried getting her to drink water but she spileld most of it and spit a lot of it on my carpet (lol) so we jus kept listening to bob marley figuring she was ok and our friend left. then i was trying to get her to fall asleep, and she kept saying that there were salamanders on the walls, she kept asking if she would die, if there were spiders everywhere, if we could cut her hair (it was all turning into one big dredloch at this point), what would happen if her head got cut off, she kept asking if i love her and telling me she loves me (i was all happy cuz i thought at first she meant it but it wasnt long before i realized she was prolly jus saying that cuz she was tripping), she kept asking if she was pregnant, anytime i asked her if she wanted to do anything she would ask "is it sexual?"... eventually she started screaming again, screaming for her dad, some were jus shrieks, she was scared of spiders again, i asked my dad to watch her while i got ahold of some friends again to ask them if i should just have her go to the hospital, they figured it was gettign really close to that. by now it was like 11:30 and like a minute after i called my friends my dad jus said fuck it and called an ambulance. she had taken off her shirt and bra and was laying there with a blanket over her right in front of my dad (she would NEVER have done that sober cuz she thinks she's ugly..but shes not) then when we starrted trying to get her outside to meet the ambulance (there was no way i was letting emt's and police in my house with all my growing set up), when she finally got up she took off her pants and underwear too and kept the blanket on her but soemtimes it wasnt so well wrapped around her. then we met a police officere hte ambulance showed up, i ran inside and grabebd her stuff put it in a grocery bag and gave it to the cop. while i was doing that apparently she pissed in the cruiser screaming and sort of laughing a psychotic laugh that she was peeing. it sucked cuz she was wearing ym blanket that has like ofver $100 of nice fabrics put into it. oh well at least she's ok so far. i shoulda known something was gonna go wrong when she started sayign how she's neevr tripped that hard before and she's eaten a lot more than 2 hits before too. i figured that there was a possibility that each hit was really 2 hits in itself. i also had considered crushing up a pill or two out of my risperdal prescription and mixing it in with a drink for her early on cuz i read that trisperdone is an antipsychotic and so is thorazine and thorazine is in the same class of drugs as risperdal. and hopefully we all kno thorazine is something used to make ppl come down off of bad trips in the hospital. but i hesitated too long cuz i was worried about her not trusting me anymore (after slippign something in her drink) and also i was worried about throwing anything more into the soup.

well, maybe you all can make more conclusions based on all that info i jus gave u., thanks! i really care about her and im glad shes ok.

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineDinahTheCat
Seeker of Truth
Male User Gallery

Re: friend bugged out on acid, wondering if her meds interacted with it [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #5187423 - 01/16/06 02:55 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Women? Unstable? nah.

--------------------

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
    #5187593 - 01/16/06 03:45 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Weird. I'm glad shes OK man. KLonipin is a diazapam, or in the same family. Usually they will bring you down from a trip pretty fast. As for the other meds I'm not sure how they interact with L. i woul try to get her to talk abouut the experience if you havent tried all ready. Best of luck to you and your friend.

--------------------
Easily test the dosage of your tabs at home!:lsd:
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Edited by Aiko Aiko (01/16/06 03:46 PM)

Offlinekeefboy
a friendly parkranger
Re: friend bugged out on acid, wondering if her meds interacted with it [Re: Kerr]
    #5192348 - 01/17/06 07:15 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RyanKerr said:
Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:

I hope your joking

why joking? i think he's on point.

--------------------
"A friend of mine was famous for holding his hits until his face swelled up and turned bright red. The veins in his neck and forehead would bulge and he'd get bug-eyed. He'd start sweating. Then he'd belch the hit out violently, along with plenty of spit, and gasp for air." ~UBAKO

OfflineDinahTheCat
Seeker of Truth
Male User Gallery

Re: friend bugged out on acid, wondering if her meds interacted with it [Re: keefboy]
    #5193998 - 01/18/06 03:22 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

They go crazy over alochol as well.

--------------------

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
    #5194109 - 01/18/06 05:52 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Well, as a 'generally speaking' - Females tend to be more emotional creatures. They also tend to be more easily scared/etc.

ie: Look at a movie theater during a horror movie, its usualy the girl clinging onto the guys arm, not the other way around.

Or, atleast - society has conditioned us so that 'its OK for girls to express those emotions, and its NOT ok for Guys, so they need to control it/keep it in'.

Now, this isnt to say that its the case 100% of the time - I know quite a few females who LOVE to trip, and do so just fine with no problem. Actually, all of my female friends who trip are fine with it and have never had any problems. But, there are a number of people on here who have posted things about a female friend getting scared / freaked out easily on mushrooms or LSD, and seems to be a bit more common than males who freak out.

OfflineAnimals
Just Danson inthe Dark
 User Gallery

Re: friend bugged out on acid, wondering if her meds interacted with it [Re: kaniz]
    #5197148 - 01/18/06 10:44 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

When I trip with girls its like flipping on the lifetime network or oxygen for 5 hours.

Offline888
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5197359 - 01/18/06 11:33 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I kinda doubt she had ever done good acid before. I never get it when people take someone to the hospital thats on LSD or mushrooms. Moreover I don't get why people who can't cope with their life to such a degree they see doctors would even think they would be ok to take LSD or why you knowing that would encourage or let her.

Also judging by your actions ....you need to be more careful with growing .

In my personal opinion I would give people on LSD or Mushrooms a good 18 to 24 hours. Otherwise you just risk giving them a bad/worse trip embarrassing them and costing them money.

I ask people repeatedly if they are on any medication... if they have done it before.. how many times... what was it like... Is there any bad things that have been on their mind... I ask all these questions because I care and want people to have a positive experience. Still though some people will lie.

I would like to encourage everyone one to think it through when you offer someone LSD or mushrooms.

Offlinebobjones
Male

Loc: Tx
Re: friend bugged out on acid, wondering if her meds interacted with it [Re: Animals]
    #5197528 - 01/19/06 12:21 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Animals said:
When I trip with girls its like flipping on the lifetime network or oxygen for 5 hours.

lol...ill second that

--------------------
"Outside of a dog a book is a man's friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read"
-Groucho Marx

OfflineTheGus
The Walrus

Re: friend bugged out on acid, wondering if her meds interacted with it [Re: bobjones] * 1
    #5209788 - 01/22/06 10:58 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

its acid, why cant it just be that shes buggin out cus shes trippin on acid?

--------------------
"It is easier to teach a computer to play chess than to build a mudpie."Sherry Turkle Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"-Einstein
:mrt: I pity the fool who break traffic laws with $870,000 of drugs in the car.      -mo0nlite_sonata
Psythos

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies