Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewwonka
Stranger thanfiction
Male

Loc: PNW
Expanding Horizons
    #5184607 - 01/15/06 06:21 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

First off I\d like to introduce myself as this is my first post. Hi, I am interested in the psychedelic experience including expanded spirituality and the giggly fun time.

At this point I have shroomed twice (technically there was a third though the shrooms had died :frown:). The first was at Burningman, which for those who don\t know is an art festival on the Playa of Nevada. It is a veritable playground for promoting spiritual, emotional and physical awareness.  I had a very small dose but had an exquisite time . No one knew where burningman ended and the drugs started.

The second experience I had a much larger dose. I had a quarter and a half of an eighth. I cant do the math :p. That experience was (definition aided by wikipedia) verging on entheogenic. My spirit tried to introduce itself to me but becuase I was so deep and had so little prior experience it frightened me.

My quest at the moment is to meet my spirit guide in a trip where I am not frightened and may become acquainted with it. I was wondering if perhaps LSD should be my next venture of if I should stay with shrooms and up my dosage?

I understand that there is no definitive answer I am seeking your advice as you are more knowledgable in the subject.

Thank you, and I'll be seeing you all again
-Wonka

--------------------
PM me reading suggestions, I might just take you up on your offer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: Expanding Horizons [Re: wwonka]
    #5184713 - 01/15/06 06:44 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

It sounds like you've already taken a heroic dose of shrooms (over 10g, jesus shit!) especially if you're just starting out.  Any higher dose will just ensure you're too high to remember the revelations you've experienced.  Upping your dosage would be crazy!  Just take it easy, and explore the world you've discovered with more human doses, like 3-5g.  Even then many would caution that low doses can be more rewarding.

And if you can find someone to hook you up with real acid, then take the chance.  Just use your head and don't do a massive dose your first time out.

Edit: Where are my manners?  Welcome to The Shroomery!!!  :sun: :heart: :mushroom2:

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

Edited by WillieTomg (01/15/06 06:45 PM)

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Expanding Horizons [Re: WillieTomg]
    #5184766 - 01/15/06 06:57 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Mushrooms and LSD are as different as they are alike. I find that mushrooms have a tendency of showing what you need to see - not what you want to see. While on LSD - the mind-warp is a bit less, and you have more control over your thoughts and where your mind goes.

I found that my first few trips on both substances were rather shallow - I had the laughs, I had the giggles, I saw the pretty patterns and the flowing walls. It wasn't until I was onto my 3rd/4th/5th trips with either substance that they started to become deeper and more profound for me.

Either substance is worth using to explore Psychedelics with. I primarily started with mushrooms due to availability, it wasn't until this summer that I was able to come across LSD. Also, I had many friends warn me against it - which prevented me from really seeking it out. Finally, I decided to do it, and haven't regretted it at all.

The biggest advice I can give is.

- Read, read, read some more. Read enough that you are able to FULLY trust the substance, know it will do you know harm, know it will show you the way, and know that it will eventually end.

I found that once I was able to fully trust a substance and let go - is when it proved to be the most beneficial to me.

If you have fear and fight it - it will fight right back, and show you an ugly time. If you trust it, and let it do its thing - it will show you endless possibilities.

Offlineantoverlord
Stranger
    #5184784 - 01/15/06 07:00 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Technically a quarter + half-eighth would only be 8.75g, not over 10g. Pure child's play (sarcasm). I agree with Willie - there is plenty to be found in the 3-5g range. The results may not be as mystical/mind-blowing, but there is plenty you can learn about yourself while still partially grounded to reality.

And if you can get acid, do it.

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: Expanding Horizons [Re: kaniz]
    #5184791 - 01/15/06 07:03 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Building on what kaniz said about fear:  I think Frank Herbert said it best in Dune...

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

That guy must've done HARDCORE psychedelics, because the Dune series is full of useful little gems like that.  "The worm is the spice and the spice is the worm..."

Indeed. :mushroom2:

Ninja Edit: I thought you said you did a quarter and an eighth.  Oops.  Even 8 grams is still a heroic dose though. 

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

Edited by WillieTomg (01/15/06 07:05 PM)

Offlinewwonka
Stranger thanfiction
Male

#5184962 - 01/15/06 07:54 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you all for your input (Acid is winning by a landslide at the moment) and for welcoming me here.

I have no doubts that I took far too much my second trip. Luckily I was able to recognize this relatively early on and could make the mean things happy (yes, thats the techinical definition). My next experience will only be with a 1/4 and I will be focusing more on the epiphanies and such, I have to work for those the walls move by themselves :p.

Kaniz I'm taking your advice now that I'm here. Finding the shroomery is what I need as information is key.

For now I'm off to thread jumping wandering the boards looking for similar experiences.

Adieu and Farewell
-Wonka

--------------------

Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

#5185118 - 01/15/06 08:39 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

So what was your quarter and a half dose like? You might have had some super weak shrooms...

I've never heard someone say "only a quarter" before!

A quarter is a super strong dose. Be really careful, you might realize you just got WAAAAY more fucked up than you ever thought possible.

--------------------

OfflineImNtCrzy
Strangest
 User Gallery
    #5185278 - 01/15/06 09:36 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

strange coincidences?!, I too had an amazing an spiritual journey at BM this past year. It was my first burn and the experience has forever changed me. Our stories sound strangely similar, I only too 1/2 a pill and 1/16 of cubes the night of the burn. The feeling and the high was pretty much what I expected, mild and easy to manage, I've been known in the past to eat large amounts of these substances... much higher. What got me was I took all this at around 8-9pm, come 4 or 5 am my journey exploded out of this plane of existence. A few years back I found Satori enlightenment after eating some philosopher's stones in vondelpark and riding a bike in the rain back to the pub, this enlightenment was extremely profound and I learned alot, the afterglow stayed with me for months but just as a memory things started to fade. This satori enlightenment I felt in amsterdam was great but he chain of events after bm were profound.

I won't go in to details, as your journey must have been just as profound.... but another similarity I say was dificulty. As you had difficulty finding your spirit guide, I had similar dificulties. THe playa is such a wonderous place, so wonderous that during these difficulties, random people would come up and help me through out the night and into the sunrise, for this I am forever grateful.

Since then I too have searched for the visionary journies. What's amazing is everytime I've gone on a journey since it has been just as profound.

It can be pretty freaky ground to tread on. Think about it you are traveling to the depths of your mind, seeing what master yogi see after fasting and deep deep mediation, yet we are not trained to process what we see, our perception of reality that we hold so dear literally explodes before us and can never be put back together again. I really do feel that going this deep can have severe ramifications, Leary and many other cohorts go on and on about reprogramming and such, but there is truth to what they say. You are going to deep into your thought process that it is being relayed through all your senses( perhaps the 6th) So if a child wanders into this and can not process this what happens?

Lately I've been known to close my eyes or dance during most of my journey. Im sure you know how intense this can be. I used to close my eyes for about 15-20 minutes and freak myself out or get startled and wake up out of the trance, then I decided to push myself further everytime I became afraid.... this worked great to push me deep within.... but what happened at BM was I couldn't process what was going on. Like I said, I was blessed by some kind souls who helped me out with advice and understanding. Since then through a series of weird coincidences I have met a number of other random "guru"esqe people and have had a number of amazing experiences cyphering, channeling energy, talking.

What have I learned... I learned just like the deepest core of my mind, reality can be a wounderous and treacherous place, while I feel it is fine to seek higher sprituality, it is a also dangerous. I you can not process what is going on seek help. Where do you seek help?, seek it from within yourself. Just like a mushroom journey life is full of illusions. Some of these illusions can invoke fear and chaos, some will show you your connection to the universe. I feel it is most important to actively try to trust your senses. Many people or books may give advice, some may resonate with you some may just be delusion... you must wisely choose. How do you choose? I say if the illusion stems from fear deny it... if it shows love embrace it. I know now we can become enlightened every moment of our lives, because there are always thing to observe and learn from.. whether it is chaos or the other... some of my most important lessons came through the chaos. We have the ability to learn and learning "is" to become enlighented. Knowledge is the key... do all that you can to keep your mind clear. What fogs up your mind? is your mind fogged? I feel that most people live in a malaise fed by pharma-goods and processed foods. Try to learn to breath and get more oxygen to brain, feed your brain good things, excersice your body and excercise your mind... think more... learn.

someone posted this on here and i though it was a great link... may be good for you...

http://www.luminist.org/archives/psychedelic.htm

feel free to pm me anytime I would love to hear your story.

Oh you may want to try natural entheogens and get much better results... aya maybe.

--------------------
everything is the button

Edited by ImNtCrzy (01/15/06 09:38 PM)

Offlinewwonka
Stranger thanfiction
Male

Re: Expanding Horizons [Re: ImNtCrzy]
    #5186881 - 01/16/06 12:23 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Monkey- Since that experience I have contemplated what happened and made a pretty profound realization. During the night I was going deeper then ever faster then ever before. My saving grace, I can only assume, was that my girlfriend had a bad trip. Just as I was losing myself to another level she became frightened and wanted to go on a walk for some fresh air. Well being the good boyfriend I am our sitter and us went for a walk.

My guess is I was going to lose control, I could feel it happening.

The experience. We ate the chocolates and were watching Cinderella to kill time. One by one the others started enjoying the walls more then the movie except me (I was also the only one to do 1/4) As the group got more and more giggly I got impatient that nothing had happened and ate the half 1/8 in hopes that I might jump on that train. Soon enough people were jostling on the bed and that was not a fun thing for me. So I sat and let the music take me (paul oakenfold). In the beginning of the music I was just seeing a visualizer to the music. most excellent. As time progressed I realized quite suddenly that I felt like a wave in the sea. And if not a wave something in it (this part still confuses me) The music was washing over me back and forth and as i rocked my head with it I felt as though i had a tail extending from the back of my head (a fishes tail).

That continued for a while before I resurfaced for a second (to reality for a breath of air) and let myself back into the trance. This time it was as though i was in an enormousweb of caves and going into each would affect me differently. If I went up, towards sunlight, it would be a light room and I would feel a little euphoric. But curiousity and possibly the second bite of chocolates led me down in the caves. Each was progressively darker though not scary, and i felt as though i was giong to make it to the core of the earth.

this is when my spirit guide arrived.

to the backdrop of the caves, a lions face kept coming to my vision (if you've seen the lion king play like the banner has, highly stylized. Later it appeared more as a real lion)
With these backdrops an image of each person in the room appeared, like a role call. each after appearing in the center of my vision moved to a corner.

Then someone i did not know came. a bearded face came and tried to show itself to me, quite startled and frightened I pulled back, tried to resurface but it wouldnt let me. I don't know what it looked like, but if i think about it the image of a king comes to mind. a bearded man with a crown i suppose.

When this let me go (be it spirit, devil brain click) I stayed close to the surface for a few minutes which is when my girfriend pulled me out. Walking outside with her I had minor effects visually but it seemed that i was done for the most part, left to contemplate.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag