Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecookeman
Live and let live
Male User Gallery

mean green thermal death
    #5180478 - 01/14/06 02:43 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I got a contamed syringe and I was wondering if I pressure cook it will it be fine to use for future grows? I live in mass and syringes are illegal here and I haven't been able to get an answer from anyone about whether the larger gauge of a spore syringe excludes it from the law, so I'd rather be safe than sorry and not take my chances again by ordering another syringe offline. All my jars were contamed with green mold at all the innoc points. I sterilized everything with a pressure cooker and flamed and alcohol swabbed the needle before inoculation. I'm sure the syringe was contamed. anyway, What's the thermal death of green mold? Thanks for any help

--------------------
“Let’s put it this way – to lump psychedelic mushrooms into the same group as methamphetamine is like lumping the Bible into the same group as Mein Kampf.
I mean shit; they’re both books, right?”

Joe Rogan

R.I.P. - "Bones" - One of the greatest people I've ever had the pleasure of getting to know and become friends with.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Loc: Washington
Re: mean green thermal death [Re: cookeman]
    #5182481 - 01/15/06 04:36 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Are you sure that you can be sure that is was your syringe that was contamed? If you bought it from a vendor, that is not likely, unless you made it yourself.

If you PC the syringe it will be fine. But first heat a pot of boiling water and suck in the boiling water into the syringe, swish around, and eject it, do this a couple times, then wrap in foil and pc the whole contraption.

--------------------

Offlinecookeman
Live and let live
Male User Gallery

Re: mean green thermal death [Re: matchbook]
    #5183157 - 01/15/06 11:33 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I don't understand how else every single innoc point of all six jars was contaminated. I didn't take the syringe and needle out of the bag until about two minutes before I used it to innoc. I also flamed and alcohol swabbed the syringe before each innoc. I also thoroughly sprayed the room with lysol air disinfectant about two minutes before I took the syringe out. I pc'd all the jars and both baby bottles at 15 p.s.i. for 50 minutes. I know the whole plan isn't fool proof, but I took every preventative measure I could think of with the supplies I had. If anyone has any suggestions I'm definitely open minded if it will save my next grow attempt. I really think the syringe was just contamed though.

--------------------
“Let’s put it this way – to lump psychedelic mushrooms into the same group as methamphetamine is like lumping the Bible into the same group as Mein Kampf.

Joe Rogan

R.I.P. - "Bones" - One of the greatest people I've ever had the pleasure of getting to know and become friends with.

Offlinecookeman
Live and let live
Male User Gallery

Re: mean green thermal death [Re: matchbook]
    #5183172 - 01/15/06 11:37 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

matchbook said:
If you PC the syringe it will be fine. But first heat a pot of boiling water and suck in the boiling water into the syringe, swish around, and eject it, do this a couple times, then wrap in foil and pc the whole contraption.

Should I leave any water in the syringe when I pc it, or should I have it totally empty and the plunger all the way down?

--------------------

Joe Rogan

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #5186186 - 01/16/06 05:51 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I still don't get it. Did you buy the syringe or were you trying to (PC) sterilize one ?

If you're making a new syringe try buying distilled water and sterilize it on the microwave, let cool down, add spores. Then after PCing a syringe, empty it first and suck the sterilized distilled water with spores.

I usually use saran wrap to cover the distilled water glass before microwaving, and uncover it inside a glove-box to add the spores. Then it's just poking through the saran wrap and suck it all up into the syringe.

Always clean saran wrap with a piece of cotton with in alcohol before poking through.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinecookeman
Live and let live
Male User Gallery

Re: mean green thermal death [Re: MAIA]
    #5187085 - 01/16/06 01:25 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i bought the syringe from a sponsor. I was really shocked when i found out it was contamed because they packaged the syringe very professionally. Oh well though. I just want to re use the syringe but without the green mold this time of course

--------------------

Joe Rogan

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #5190240 - 01/17/06 07:32 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

There is no need to PC a syringe. We use the PC to kill bacterial endospores in grains. Live bacteria is killed by simple boiling. Molds such as trichoderma and penicillin are easily killed by temps far below boiling.

If you'll simply drop your syringe into a pot of boiling water for ten minutes, it will be good to use. Suck up a bit of the boiling water into the syringe, swirl it around and squirt it out. Do this a couple of times, then use. As stated above, use distilled water (after boiling) to mix your spores.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinecookeman
Live and let live
Male User Gallery

Re: mean green thermal death [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5190442 - 01/17/06 09:37 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
There is no need to PC a syringe.  We use the PC to kill bacterial endospores in grains.  Live bacteria is killed by simple boiling.  Molds such as trichoderma and penicillin are easily killed by temps far below boiling.

If you'll simply drop your syringe into a pot of boiling water for ten minutes, it will be good to use.  Suck up a bit of the boiling water into the syringe, swirl it around and squirt it out.  Do this a couple of times, then use.  As stated above, use distilled water (after boiling) to mix your spores.
RR

Great information! much appreciated  :grin:

--------------------

Joe Rogan

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures