Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblefigment
Apothecary
 User Gallery

Loc: Quidity
Figment's Inexpensive Clandenstine Drawer Incubation
    #5179893 - 01/14/06 11:41 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

This is a very cheap alternative to other methods, provided you already have the common household materials needed.

Supplies: Heating blanket
digital thermometer
empty bottom drawer(if you have a space under dresser)
*if you don't, you need two empty drawers instead of one*

note: *This tek requires a little trial and error before placing the inoculated substrate into incubation. This is because of the inevitable variables that can take place in the different environments and materials used (i.e. wood density in dresser, heating blanket used, and abmient temperature).

1st: Shove the blanket in a manifold-like manner under your chosen dresser(or in the bottom drawer below your second empty drawer[incubation chamber])in order to allow the blanket to dissipate adequate heat and likewise causing it to make contact with the above surface. *when concealing cord, just use the common sense God gave you*

2nd: Turn the blanket on "high"(for a test-run)and place the thermometer in the new "incubation drawer" (make sure the thermometer reads the bottom surface's temperature as much as possible) and wait for temperature reading. ***Optimal temperature for mycellium growth is 84 degrees, but the chamber needs to be at 82 because of the heat mycellium generates during colonization***

3rd: Adjust heat accordingly. This can be done in several ways. Here is a list of the methods I found to work best. Combine or isolate any way you choose.
-open the drawer a crack to allow heat to escape
-turn down temperature a notch
-create a space between blanket and top surface
-place cardboard on top of blaket in pre-created space
*all I have to do is turn the temp. down*

As far as the "incubation drawer" being too cool, I have never had that problem. Over-heating is usually the main focus when first setting up, but after initial tweeks in the system are made, it remains self-sustaining and maintinance-free.

I realize that this tek may not be viable for everyone, so if this tek is not a possibility in your situation I suggest you use Alien's Incubation Tek, or invent a tek of your own.

Good luck.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder