Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Israel Suspends Contact With Pat Robertson
    #5168700 - 01/11/06 06:30 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

:rofl2:  This is too much.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060111/ap_on_re_mi_ea/israel_pat_robertson

Israel Suspends Contact With Pat Robertson

By BRIAN MURPHY, AP Religion Writer

JERUSALEM -    Israel has suspended contact with evangelist Pat Robertson for suggesting Prime Minister    Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine punishment for withdrawing from the    Gaza Strip.

The controversy has cast doubt on plans for a Christian tourism center that would showcase the growing flow of money and influence from U.S. church groups.

The decision, announced Wednesday by Israeli officials, does not affect other Christian groups that also consider it their spiritual duty to support Israel as fulfillment of biblical prophecy.

Israeli leaders see the Christian allies as tireless lobbyists in Washington and elsewhere. The evangelicals also funnel millions of dollars each year to Jewish settlers in the    West Bank and ? before last year's pullout ? the Gaza Strip.

Tourism Minister Abraham Hirchson said he gave instructions to "stop all contact" with groups associated with Robertson. Last week, Robertson implied Sharon's massive stroke was a blow for "dividing God's land" with the withdrawal from Gaza and four West Bank settlements.

But Hirchson said the order did not apply to "all the evangelical community, God forbid."

Robertson is leading a group of evangelicals who have pledged to raise $50 million to build the Christian Heritage Center in Israel's northern Galilee region, where tradition says Jesus lived and taught.

Under a tentative agreement, Robertson's group was to put up the funding, while Israel would provide land and infrastructure. Hirchson had predicted it would draw up to 1 million pilgrims a year, generate $1.5 billion in spending and support about 40,000 jobs.

But the fate of the project is now in question, said Ido Hartuv, spokesman for the tourism ministry.

"We will not do business with him, only with other evangelicals who don't back these comments," Hartuv said. "We will do business with other evangelical leaders, friends of Israel, but not with him."

A spokeswoman for Robertson's ministry declined to comment on Israel's decision.

"We have not talked to the Israelis on this topic," said spokeswoman Angell Watts. "We continue to maintain our long-standing commitment to the Jewish people and the state of Israel."

Robertson's comments on Sharon drew condemnation from other Christian leaders and    President Bush.

"God considers this land to be his," Robertson said on his TV program "The 700 Club." "You read the Bible and he says 'This is my land,' and for any prime minister of Israel who decides he is going to carve it up and give it away, God says, 'No, this is mine.'"

The "Christian Zionist" movement began to take shape in the 19th century, but in recent decades it strengthened into a powerful force with deep pockets. Some estimates place the annual figure of evangelical aid to Israel at more than $25 million. The Gaza withdrawal has become a new and potent rallying point.

In October, a group of Gaza settlers received a standing ovation from more than 5,000 Christians at a conference in Jerusalem sponsored by the International Christian Embassy, a private agency that promotes Christian ties to Israel.

Robertson's Christian Heritage Center is planned for 35 acres of rolling Galilee hills near key Christian sites, including Capernaum, the Mount of the Beatitudes, where Jesus delivered the Sermon on the Mount, and Tabgha ? on the shores of the Sea of Galilee ? where Christians believe Jesus performed the miracle of the loaves and fish.

Israel was considering leasing the land to the Christians for free.

Hartuv left the door open for continuing the project, but only with people who don't back Robertson's statements.

"We want to see who in the group supports his (Robertson's) statements. Those who support the statements cannot do business with us. Those that publicly support Ariel Sharon's recovery ... are welcome to do business with us," Hartuv said.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Israel Suspends Contact With Pat Robertson [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5168853 - 01/11/06 07:00 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

hahahah what a douche

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinedrtyfrnk
PresidentialCandidate 2008
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Israel Suspends Contact With Pat Robertson [Re: barfightlard]
    #5168902 - 01/11/06 07:11 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Are you serious?

wow. That was funny.

--------------------
It's Krang, Bitch!  :krang:

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Radioactive state
Re: Israel Suspends Contact With Pat Robertson [Re: drtyfrnk]
    #5173526 - 01/12/06 06:46 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah I heard about that on the radio.He apologized but didnt say I'm sorry straight forward lol

--------------------

OfflineThePredator
Your a eunich ifyou don't useunix!

Re: Israel Suspends Contact With Pat Robertson [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #5174273 - 01/12/06 09:12 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

THey can't just kill pat? Damn, too bad because if anybody deserves to die pats one of them.

--------------------

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
    #5174330 - 01/12/06 09:26 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

i cut that guy off ages ago.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #5175524 - 01/13/06 04:52 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Pat Robertson is an idiot, I wish someone would just beat the living shit out of him. Every time he makes a public comment he makes himself a little more irrelevant.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineErickson
Resident
Re: Israel Suspends Contact With Pat Robertson [Re: Innvertigo]
    #5175734 - 01/13/06 07:55 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

He made an apology and there was no official isreali comment but the Isreali ambassedor to the U.S. said he would be forgiven... Yeah that pat Robertson should go to hell, I don't know why that crazy bastard is allowed to be the spokesperson for an organized religion, A religion like most, that stands for peace and all i've heard out of him are comments about killing people or how wars should continue instead of peace processes.

--------------------
Fortune Favors The Bold.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Israel Suspends Contact With Pat Robertson [Re: Erickson]
    #5175786 - 01/13/06 08:24 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

he never apologized. He said he was sorry about the timing of his comments.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: Israel Suspends Contact With Pat Robertson [Re: Innvertigo]
    #5177920 - 01/13/06 05:49 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Israel accepts Pat Robertson's apology

Israel accepts the apology of the Rev. Pat Robertson for implying that Prime Minister Ariel Sharon was struck down by God for giving up the Gaza strip, Ambassador Daniel Ayalon said Friday.

After Robertson's written letter to the Sharon family, Ayalon said, "Israel respects Rev. Robertson and accepts his apology, which reflects his true friendship and support for the state of Israel."

In a letter dated Wednesday and marked for hand delivery to Omri Sharon, the prime minister's son, Robertson called Sharon a "kind, gracious and gentle man" who was "carrying an almost insurmountable burden of making decisions for his nation."

"My concern for the future safety of your nation led me to make remarks which I can now view in retrospect as inappropriate and insensitive in light of a national grief experienced because of your father's illness," said the letter.

Sharon suffered a devastating stroke Jan. 4 and remains in critical, but stable condition in a hospital.

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=116350

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #5182569 - 01/15/06 07:06 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

That man's mind is the devil's Billiard room.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom