Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinechaserella
Stranger
Music, Love, and Me
    #5160738 - 01/09/06 11:09 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

It's one o'clock and i can't get to sleep. Got school in six hours but o well. I've been a member for a long time but just recently started posting frequently. This will be a chance for you guys to get to know me better. I've recently been getting this restless feeling, like i'm on the brink of something unknow. An impending anxiety. Not bad persey but not actually good. I'm in a band (Well actually just me and a friend right now)and we just played a gig friday at the local coffee shop. I was up there playing and just felt so at ease. Everything was right. My teacher said i had a great stage personality and everyone really liked the show. I noticed a girl i had a crush on was present. I noticed her smile and how she was enjoying my music and i think i'm in love. I had someone come up to me and tell me (he was very high) that he was leaving with a warm feeling in his heart. That just fills me with greatest feeling any man has ever had. My parents are against pursuing my music career but i don't know if i could live without music. What do you guys think? As soon as i record i will post a song up! This really had no point i know but it's really late and i just wanted to tell the world. I've tryed to fall asleep but i went through a song in my head and remembered her smile and it just made me feel so good. She is two years older than me though. Jesus i can't stop rambling. Should smoke some bud but i don't got any. Well those of you who know don't let it go. And remember, spread the love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: Music, Love, and Me [Re: chaserella]
    #5160775 - 01/09/06 11:18 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Awesome. If music is what you love, you better keep playing it! I'm not saying that you shouldn't find supplemental methods of earning a living during the interim (since earning a living musically can be a rough start). But if you keep playing and nurture your passion, your talent will grow and who knows where time may take you.

Best wishes - and go talk to that girl!

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineYoschie99
nomad
Male

Loc: center of earth
    #5160798 - 01/09/06 11:22 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

i think it's almost better to not do what you really love as your primary form of work/income for a long time...

when you take all the enjoyment you get from the process of creating and being artistic and throw in the pressures of necessary success... necessary to eat, maintain shelter, etc... you can lose the desire to do it anymore...

definately stick with it... i know that i would be seriously, seriously not ok if i lost my music....

just keep sight of what you initially loved and don't get too caught up in the other aspects of it.

:smile:

yos-

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Music, Love, and Me [Re: Yoschie99]
    #5161330 - 01/10/06 02:13 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I'm trying to go down that road.
I love music, I studied music. minored in business.
Got a job at a promotions company and moved up to Talent Buyer---I'm the guy that books the national bands. :smile: it's quite fun, but very challenging.
I could probably be making more in some other field but to some extent I trade environment for salary: I get to listen to music all day, talk about music, come in late in flip-flops and a t-shirt, get extended holidays....
But on the downside, I'm trying to find a new job, hopefully doing the same thing.

It depends on what you want. If you want to be financially stable, you should look somewhere more practical. After all, you can't plan to be a rock star.
But, if you'd trade a great salary for a great, fulfilling career in what you love, then try it. you're young.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

#5163437 - 01/10/06 04:21 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

What instrument do you play? What kind of music?

Offlinechaserella
Stranger
Re: Music, Love, and Me [Re: PinballWizard]
    #5164433 - 01/10/06 08:20 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I play guitar and piano. I do mostly covers at the moment. Alot of Led Zeppelin, Neil young, David Bowie, The Kinks, The Grateful Dead. I write my own material as well, but i only have like three originals, four if you count a modified Black Dog.

OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

#5164446 - 01/10/06 08:27 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Pretty cool, sound a lot like me. Be sure to post a recording.

OfflineRyan_12
One Toke OverThe Line
Male
Re: Music, Love, and Me [Re: PinballWizard]
    #5279463 - 02/08/06 09:34 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

yeah man i listen to music all day every day its what gets me through each day i love stuff like the grateful dead, pink floyd, the beatles, the byrds, the doors, its all just so great lol i cant get enough of it

--------------------
Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom