Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hay Un Mundo Mas Alla
Automatic Air/Heat Question
    #5160691 - 01/09/06 11:01 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

This is my grow setup.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5144655/an/0/page/0

I was thinking of adding a fan iby making a whole in the back of the terrarium and nserting it halfway into it, then glueing it firm. Now, this really seems like its going to be a bitch because i also have to find a way to add a filter in order to not blow dog hairs into terrarium. Any alternative solutions? Will aquarium air pumps work?

I was planning on using a aquarium heater for the terrarium. But do i need to submerge it in water or can it just be truned on in the air? Also i would prefer a heater that i can set to an automatic temperature( i want to have a perfect enviroment in the terrarium) to turn of whebever it reaches that heat. Are their aquarium heaters available with this option or are their better solutions?

Can i use a fan heater to kill two birds with one stone?

This is basically the last thing i need for my setup which im hoping to complete tomorrow. Please help.......

--------------------

Orissa India Bulk Grow (Tub Tek)
Bulk Steamer Pasteurizer Tek

"Our intention is our eternal fingerprint in the universe."

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
Re: Automatic Air/Heat Question [Re: Akira]
    #5160742 - 01/09/06 11:10 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

For geting good clean air check this  THREADout..

The pics should say it all  :thumbup:

for heat look in to a "heat bomb" basicly a jar with the heater in it.

You cant expose the aquarium heater to air or it will break....

--------------------

Atheist Chat

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos
    #5160758 - 01/09/06 11:15 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Just how much warmer are you going to need to make the terrarium? In other words, how warm do you keep your house? You could consider using a "heat bomb" which is a submersible fish tank heater inside of a jar or bottle filled with water. EDIT: ahh, well snaggletooth got it said while I was typing I suppose.

So far as Fresh Air Exchange [FAE], your coolmist running 24/7 should do the trick nicely. Really no need for a fan. If you want to be extra careful, I suppose you could get 2 coolmists running 24/7. It's a big terrarium afterall, so it might actually require 2 coolmists just to get the RH right, the FAE would be an added bonus.

Good Luck

--------------------

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Re: Automatic Air/Heat Question [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #5160787 - 01/09/06 11:21 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

So even with my Cool Mist setup directly into the terrarium it will supply co2 flow? Wouldnt i need fresh air?

And as far as the heat, i do live in a hot state so come to think about it, i think the problem might be getting it down to 74-76! Ummm, any ideas? Maybe ice in the cool mist water chamber?

--------------------

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos
    #5160823 - 01/09/06 11:28 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

ohhh wait. Are you putting the coolmist inside or outside of your chamber? If you've got it sitting outside of it with a hose running to it, then you'll get FAE, recycling fresh O2 in to replace the CO2, however if you plan to put the coolmist inside of the chamber, then obviously there would be no FAE. I would advise putting the coolmist outside of it, mainly for the reason of FAE, but also this way you wouldn't be wasting precious space that could be filled with a casing.

--------------------

OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
Re: Automatic Air/Heat Question [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #5160834 - 01/09/06 11:30 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

you can use another pump.....just use a BOX with the filter set up....and when if your ready then you just put the other pump in the box....

:thumbup:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Re: Automatic Air/Heat Question [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #5160921 - 01/09/06 11:47 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Shit....Im just going to go for the cool mist out of terrarium idea. i hope i dont need to buy another one.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies