Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewiresandleaves
Stranger
driving after coming down
    #5150105 - 01/07/06 09:16 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I can see that driving on shrooms is intensely stupid (i get a little angry just thinking about how often people describe having done it in their trip reports) but how long after comedown do you all wait until you trust yourself to drive again?
Obviously it's something an individual would have to guage at the time but i've heard estimates of waiting an extra hour after you *think* you've reached comedown before getting behind the wheel. experiences/advice welcome,
(also - how long after salvia would you recommend?)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: driving after coming down [Re: wiresandleaves]
    #5150175 - 01/07/06 10:02 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

most people are ok 40 mins after salvia
me 2 hours, i go off on daydream tangents to easily too be driving right away.

On shrooms and acid, (unlike alcohol) there are some degrees of inebriation that have no dropouts in attention, or distortions in coordination, and these light degrees of inebriation produce very little visual enhancement as well.

At these times, when it is still more fun to dance and talk, driving is not adversely affected.

Surprisingly stone cold sober people daydream more than you could imagine, and cel phones don't help either in the dangerous driving department.

I hope that one day a brain scan test (connected to the ignition system) would determine a person's ability to drive, eliminating the dangerously sober as well as the irresponsibly inebriated candidates, while permitting straight and gently medicated persons to continue with the business of safe driving.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineEconomist
in training
 User Gallery

Re: driving after coming down [Re: wiresandleaves]
    #5150250 - 01/07/06 10:39 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

One of the problems with trying to decide how long "after the comedown" its okay to drive, is that, at least I find, it is often hard to determine when you have actually "come down".

One time I took shrooms with a friend, and we were convinced we had comedown, so we decided to change clothes and head downtown to hit a nice-ish restaurant. It wasn't until we had just spent 20 minutes on the bus ride talking about "What really, no I mean really, no you don't understand, what REALLY is required to make a pencil" (It was based mostly off Leonard Read's "I, Pencil" essay, something I highly recommend reading if you have any interest in economics) that we realized the visual effects may have died down, but the trip truly wasn't over.

Anyway, a safer bet is probably to measure time since ingestion, rather than time since comedown. I'd say 7-8 hours after ingestion, just to be safe, though if you were taking a small dose (say no more than 2 grams dried) you might be completely baseline in something like 6 hours.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag