Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

Loc: just a few notes away
anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot?
    #5124872 - 12/31/05 12:15 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

hey gang, i was wondering if anyone out there has been experiencing any adverse health effects from smoking pot.  Im more interested in the long-term adverse effects but any responce is appreciated. Also, state some specifics to your pot habbits such as how frequently you smoke it etc. Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: ph30n1x]
    #5125121 - 12/31/05 01:56 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Well when I was young me and a few friends would buy maybe an ounce or so, and be able to smoke the whole thing in one sitting...and just laugh. That kinda dwindled down. Then the panic attacks came on. Whenever Ide get real high my heart would beat really fast, and Ide get a cold sweat. Ide start freaking out and have passed out a few times because of the panic. I used to get very scared of this...thinking shock was very possible.

This has been going on for years now, and Im completely fine. Ive come to the conclusion I bring it on myself. In all honesty...it doesnt really matter how high I get...even to the point of passing out (which terrifies me). In the end everything is going to be back to normal. So I try not to freak out and fight it...its not gonna help at all. Just ride it out. At least try and be happy and make the best with it.

Actually these days I dont really get that high anymore. I smoke a puff or two before bed where I can lay and watch TV, and just feel really comfortable. Maybe a puff or two in the day...if I feel like it. Sometimes when I play music. It seems I used to force it on myself. Almost forcing myself to try and like it. Now Im to the point where if I dont want to smoke more than a hit or two...or even smoke at all, I just wont.

I dont like being incredibly stoned anyway...too uncomfortable.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5125274 - 12/31/05 05:40 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Cannabis gave me several 100 near heart attacks (angina pectoris) during the first half-hours of toking up. Resting heartrate 90, stoned 120.
But hey, it's harmless right?
So I smoked on.

Then on December 27 2002 cannabis gave me a heart attack. ICU, brink of death, a handful of pharms every day for the rest of my life..

It turned out I have this rare genetic heart condition which makes cannabis for me more ischemic than for others, meaning it increases cardiac oxygen demand more than a jog does.

If your heart starts to asphyxiate you get the chest pains of Angina Pectoris, if it does so to the point of heart muscle dying off you've got a heart attack.

So the harmless little weed gave me a fullblown heart attack and several hundred near misses.
There's no such thing as a harmless drug.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Asante]
    #5125285 - 12/31/05 05:58 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Karma?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #5125298 - 12/31/05 06:10 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

My dad quit smoking pot because of the accelerated heart rate.

I tend to have sinus congestion and pot aggravates that for me.

--------------------
Let it not be remembered
That mycelium eats detritus and dies
But that life in all it's glory
Counts mycelium to be on it's side.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Swami]
    #5125303 - 12/31/05 06:15 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Karma?

Bad taste?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Asante]
    #5125320 - 12/31/05 06:31 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

You only believe in karma for others but not for you? Please explain the difference.

--------------------

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #5125324 - 12/31/05 06:34 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think it is karma if one chooses to stick his hand on a hotplate and gets burned, do you?

--------------------
Let it not be remembered

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Booby]
    #5125330 - 12/31/05 06:45 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

web page
Those who score highest on the anger scale had almost a doubled risk of heart attacks compared to those with the lowest anger scores.

web page
A Johns Hopkins Medical School study, 48 years in the making, confirms that young men who reacted to stress with anger were three times more likely to suffer from CHD before the age of 55 than their peers who said they let stressful situations roll off their backs.

web page
"If you?re mad at the world and you have a family history of heart disease, you?re loading the bullets in the gun and pulling the trigger at an early age without realizing it," says Kiffer. "People with a strong family history need to recognize that anger can be a strong risk factor. In fact, some research has shown that anger can be just as much of a risk factor for heart disease as smoking, obesity and lack of exercise."

--------------------

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #5125335 - 12/31/05 06:52 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

That's odd; I don't recall a single instance of my father losing his cool.

Has anyone here witnessed Wiccan_Seeker losing his cool?

--------------------
Let it not be remembered

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Booby]
    #5125338 - 12/31/05 06:54 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Surely you are joking.

--------------------

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #5125343 - 12/31/05 06:58 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

There was an instance of chilli-pepper hemorrhoid cream...

--------------------
Let it not be remembered

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #5125418 - 12/31/05 07:51 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Honestly, no.

If I would have never started smoking pot, I would have undoubtedly been put on anti-nausea medications and a very strict dietary regiment with more and more pills to make me able to eat normally. The way I was depressed before smoking herb would have landed me several antidepressants as well...that is the route my parents would have forced me to take, and they were very close to doing it. They were amazed at how I became *more* active, *more* social, and more outgoing in general. They were shocked years later when they learned about my marijuana and psychedelic usage that had occured right in their own house. They respect my knowledge now and trust me to be me.

There is no way to determine what could have happened...but I'm satisfied where I'm at in life now and with my habits and health. I have no prexisiting conditions that marijuana will interfere with and I am not overweight. I smoke only organic, flushed marijuana and do not smoke ridiculous amounts to get high...a quarter or half bowl of what I smoke gets me stoned, more creative, and able to eat for hours. I am not an 'addict'...I have quit smoking for many several month breaks, weeks, and days with no significant adverse effects. I do not waste money on pot and I maintain exemplary grades at a great university and work year around. I exercise every other day. Yes...harmless...when used intelligently.

--------------------

Edited by Organic (12/31/05 08:25 AM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5125483 - 12/31/05 08:47 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Swami, what is wrong with you?

Because if you're in a thread thats about adverse marijuana effects, someone mentions serious heart complaints and you react with suggesting it is karma and point to links about excessive anger causing heart complaints then something surely is wrong.

One of the first things that comes to mind is derailing a thread. Swami, I hereby urgently request that you do not derail this thread any further.

And while you're at it stop trying to diagnose me - get a diagnosis of your own instead.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #5125485 - 12/31/05 08:51 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Swami, could you share a response to the actual topic? I'd be interested to read it...

--------------------

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Organic]
    #5125699 - 12/31/05 10:57 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

i'd like to hear more about swami's opinion on karma. what was swami in a former life to afford him his current destructive personality, for example? a boil on the anus of a serial killer, perhaps? this thread derailing deserves a comment at least, as apologies are not in swami's arsenal.

weed causes lots of people harm, but imo the benefits outweigh the risks, of society as a whole.

--------------------
buh

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: shirley knott]
    #5125703 - 12/31/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

shirley knott said:
i'd like to hear more about swami's opinion on karma. what was swami in a former life to afford him his current destructive personality, for example? a boil on the anus of a serial killer, perhaps?

:lol:

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

#5125724 - 12/31/05 11:10 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

But Wiccan_Seeker, wouldnt you say that those problems would only have existed because of your heart condition. Well my resting heart rate is about 50-60 bpm. Latly i have been toking wile walking around (or stumbling around) outside in a nature-like setting. Sometimes at a faster pace than a mear stroll. So when i toke my heart rate goes up to about 110. But then when i go inside after i finish toking and listen to music, my heart rate goes down to like 80-90ish, probably a bit less. If i were just to sit down in a nice environment and toke my heart rate will probably go up to 80. Where as your stoned heart rate is 110. So i gather that the weed did trigger the heart attacks, but only because of your underlying heart condition.

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

#5125761 - 12/31/05 11:28 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Organic said:
Honestly, no.

If I would have never started smoking pot, I would have undoubtedly been put on anti-nausea medications and a very strict dietary regiment with more and more pills to make me able to eat normally. The way I was depressed before smoking herb would have landed me several antidepressants as well...that is the route my parents would have forced me to take, and they were very close to doing it. They were amazed at how I became *more* active, *more* social, and more outgoing in general. They were shocked years later when they learned about my marijuana and psychedelic usage that had occured right in their own house. They respect my knowledge now and trust me to be me.

There is no way to determine what could have happened...but I'm satisfied where I'm at in life now and with my habits and health. I have no prexisiting conditions that marijuana will interfere with and I am not overweight. I smoke only organic, flushed marijuana and do not smoke ridiculous amounts to get high...a quarter or half bowl of what I smoke gets me stoned, more creative, and able to eat for hours. I am not an 'addict'...I have quit smoking for many several month breaks, weeks, and days with no significant adverse effects. I do not waste money on pot and I maintain exemplary grades at a great university and work year around. I exercise every other day. Yes...harmless...when used intelligently.

:thumbup: Very intelligent way of using mother natures finest herb.  I am somewhat similar in weed habits as you are. I smoke about half a bowl every other weekend or so.  And i have taken breaks for a few months for sports and what not. Latly i havn't been working out, but i will start up again very soon.  Likewise, I am not overweight.  Also, my family has a history of strong hearts and good lungs also.  I think, for any drug, moderation is the key. 
Im about to go to a government mule concert in NY for NYE, im going to smoke a gram (very large portion for me) and then stop until i see phil lesh & friends in febuary.  Then maybe stop again until i see the allman brothers in late march.  yeah...sounds like a solid plan heh. Im babbling, thanks for all the output guys and Wiccan_Seeker; good luck with your condition, im sure thing will turn out for the best. peace :mushroom2:

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Loc: higher plane of sex
    #5125906 - 12/31/05 12:21 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I have had breathing problems from smoking about an eigth of really good weed every day.

--------------------
One Love True Indeed.  Have Good Trips.  Mike/sunshine's mom.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale