Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLamedeer
Stranger
Giving growing another shot, need some help
    #5122985 - 12/30/05 02:59 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I had a grow 3 months ago, had one cased tray that made 1 flush before contam and 3 others that got contaminated before fruiting. I am going to try again and I am going to improve sterilization techniques. I am planning on building a simple fishtank heater incubator, and then giving each jar a cased tupperware container. I think this will cut down on contamination and allow the shrooms to go through their flush cycle. I am thinking about growing 2 different strains, and i'm looking for those that are the least hassle. Any help or tips you guys could give would be great

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Giving growing another shot, need some help [Re: Lamedeer]
    #5123018 - 12/30/05 03:08 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

If you made it to casing, then the casing mix or sterile techniques from that point on were the problem IMO. Use a pH buffer, such as crushed oyster shell or lime in your casing mix and make sure you keep things clean. "Less contaminant prone" strains are BS IMO.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos
Re: Giving growing another shot, need some help [Re: Lamedeer]
    #5123034 - 12/30/05 03:10 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

You could always build a glove box for inoculation. There's a number of different teks out there, check the archive at the top of this forum. I built mine for like.. maybe 12-15 bucks? And that included gloves, the box, dryer duct for extending the arms, and glue/caulk. I had the plexiglass lying around for the window.

For your incubator, is a simple fishtank heater incubator the same thing as a http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/2921939/an/0/page/0 << the tub-in-tub? Because that's the one you should use.

I would advise doing a liquid culture [LC] while you knock up your cakes, just so you don't have to buy more syringes afterwards.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale