Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFunkyLoFi
Existing

Mushroom - Ecstasy Crosstolerance???
    #5120593 - 12/29/05 09:37 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Does anyone know if there is a cross tolerance between Ecstasy and Mushrooms? I rolled a few nights ago and was thinking about tripping tonight or tomorrow, but I was worried about cross tolerance.

Thanks.

--------------------
All the people you knew were the actors

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewhitegreyhat
Huge

Loc: Northeast USA
Re: Mushroom - Ecstasy Crosstolerance??? [Re: FunkyLoFi]
    #5120682 - 12/29/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Severely doubt it.

OfflineRocket75377
Stranger
    #5120925 - 12/29/05 11:41 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Mushrooms, like X (but to a lesser extent) cause the release of serotonin into the brain. If you do this too often you get serotonin syndrome. (I know you know this, but just for clarity's sake.) I think it's safe to assume that if you've recovered from your roll, then it would be okay to take mushrooms. Personally, I space out my psychedelics/empathogens a little; a week or so apart. 5-HTP has always helped, as have multivitamins.

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#5121500 - 12/30/05 08:21 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

no, they are different types of chemical.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Mushroom - Ecstasy Crosstolerance??? [Re: alsey]
    #5121566 - 12/30/05 08:53 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds like you're planning it, so come back and let us know.

I'd guess you may get some tolerance to some of the more visual effects. It's thought that the reason for tolerance to particular hallucinogens is 5-HT2A receptor downregulation. That is, since most hallucinogens act as partial agonists at the receptor, it downregulates to compensate for the over stimulation. So presumably, if you flood the brain with serotonin from MDMA, you'll get a downregulation of the receptor (the same as you would from taking LSD or psilocybin).

However, as alsey pointed out, MDMA has a large amount of effects which aren't thought to be serotonergic in nature. Just an educated guess.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Offlinescattass
thatsMr.scattass toyou
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mushroom - Ecstasy Crosstolerance??? [Re: badchad]
    #5121733 - 12/30/05 10:04 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

well i took ex and lsd a few nights ago took one shot of vodka........(blahhhhhhhhhh) yea so just be careful cause with ex you probably dont know what your getting unless you test it.

--------------------
George Bush has all the symptoms of schizophrenia, dellusions, (WMD + Iraq's nuclear weapons program) vauge-impoverished speech, hearing voices (god told him to invade Iraq) paranoia and delusion of grandure. -some guy

InvisibleFunkyLoFi
Existing

Re: Mushroom - Ecstasy Crosstolerance??? [Re: scattass]
    #5122508 - 12/30/05 12:54 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I have decided to hold off on the trip anyways, as a few things that I need to take of right away have popped up, and I really don't have the time for a trip. 

We had pure MDMA (moly) in powder form....it was downright amazing. I had previously told myself I would never do ecstasy again, but I just had to try moly. :laugh:

--------------------
All the people you knew were the actors

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order