Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Mushrooms and My mom and I
    #5117215 - 12/28/05 10:40 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

After one mush trip i was completly different and still am to to this day.  I made a post about it  .I told her the biggest reason I had that bad tip was because of my setting and the people I was around.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post4057787

I was talking t my mom tonite about how I wanted to have a trip this spring(all by myself, with no disractions,just me and nature) in hopes of being able to help myself fix the shit I've been going though.  Thing is, she is scared.  She is scared I will fall back into the hole I was in before the last couple years(and I understand her feelings), she just doesn't want me to become the comepletly fucked up zombie hermit I turned into again.

I think that if I have a good trip this spring I wil be able to focus on whats bothering me and hopefully after be able to deal with it and change myself.  Because I've been a scared, anxious and paranoid(in some sitiations) person.  I wan't to grow and better myself.  And face whatever draggons that have been in my face.

I think a trip in nature with no distractions could really help me out.  And I pray to myself that it can.  Because I am weak and tired of being in the mindset I've  since that last mush trip almost 3 years ago.

My mom want me to talk to her one day and show her somethings about mushrooms and how best to use them ect.  As a perent she just wants me to be safe.  I know I will be ok if I do this right, but I need help convincing her.

Any help would be greatly apreciated!

Thank you guys much :heart: :heart:

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and My mom and I [Re: barfightlard]
    #5117221 - 12/28/05 10:43 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

it could go either way dude. id definetly suggest a lower dose, no mindfucking amounts of shrooms. but nature would surely be the way to go IMO, maybe near a nice stream on a warm spring day.

i really cant say if this is gonna help you or hurt you. i have a feeling itll go one way or the other. be careful and in the end you will know whats right in your own mind.

i care about ya bro, and if you need any help with this lemme kno ok?

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: Mushrooms and My mom and I [Re: Yarry]
    #5117862 - 12/29/05 04:22 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I think that I can say with fair certainty that I know where your at.  Reading your trip report, I can relate to a lot of what you went through(lots of the same issues and all), only it happened to me with ayahuasca.  It's really confusing to be shown things that you know are part of you, but don't know exactly where they fit in as part of you.  Trying to untangle the metaphors, as it were.  Putting the pieces back together after "dismantling" can be really rough.

I'm sure that you'll get plenty of good advice here as to what to show your Mom so I'll just say that she sounds pretty cool and ask if you've ever just sat down with her and told her  these thoughts that you have going through your head?  I know that thinking about doing that might seem like an impossible task because of the amount of things that are going through there, but maybe just test the waters a little bit and see how she reacts.  I know that being where you are, you feel that only a "magic" experience will clear it up, but you might try releasing some of it with her before tripping.  You might be very pleasantly surprised.  As hard as it is to feel that others have been through what you have, many have and your Mom may be able to relate to the fears and anxieties that you have also.  Sometimes just having an understanding and compassionate ear to talk to can do wonders for the anxiety.

As Yarry said, it could go either way feeling like you do now.  I don't know if it's a possibility for you or not, but having someone sit with you would be an ideal situation.  Not a "tripper" per say, but someone who's done psychedelics, knows the ups and downs and is compassionate toward anything that you may go through and help guide you through it.

Sorry if this is straying off topic.

I truly wish the best for you!! :heart:

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Edited by schapper (12/29/05 04:41 AM)

Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
Re: Mushrooms and My mom and I [Re: barfightlard]
    #5119564 - 12/29/05 04:24 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Hey bellylard! I agree the trip in nature could really help you out. Sometimes when we don't integrate the trip the way we should, the residue of it stays with us for a long time. What we can do about it is exactly what you're planning; trip again, with a lower dose in a safe environment, preferably with a sitter that you trust. This will enable you a better integration and preferably the resolution of your problems.

"Sometimes the integration of the [LSD] session takes days or weeks. It is important to encourage the client to keep the emotional channels open and continue the uncovering process, rather than try to shut them off prematurely by psychological means or with tranquillizers.

When the spontaneous process does not have enough dynamic strength to complete itself, the sitters should do intense activating work with the client... An interesting alternative to the approach... is use of prolonged hyperventilation? Intense breathing, continued for a period of about thirty to forty-five minutes, tends to collect the tensions in the body into a stereotyped pattern of armoring and eventually release them. This is associated with activation of important material from various levels of the unconsciousness. This is a very effective way of clearing residual problems after a psychedelic experience. The use of this technique requires certain background information and special instructions... [the technique is named Holotropic Breathwork; see www.holotropic.com for details. ]

If neither of the above techniques brings a satisfactory psychological resolution, another psychedelic session should be scheduled as soon as possible. The general principle applied here might seem paradoxical to a conventional psychiatrist. Psychedelic therapy can be discontinued at any tie after a successful session that was well integrated. If it resulted in an intensification of clinical symptoms or a prolonged reaction, continuation of therapy is indicated. The basic idea is that this is not due to some unpredictable effect of LSD, but represents an unfinished unconscious gestalt that should be completed." --LSD Psychotherapy (Stanislav Grof)

Good luck!  :thumbup: You can do it!  :mushroom2: :heart:

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Mushrooms and My mom and I [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #5119582 - 12/29/05 04:32 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Totally wonderful post. :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
Re: Mushrooms and My mom and I [Re: Icelander]
    #5119638 - 12/29/05 04:59 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Hahaha, you have to stop doing this Icelander. I?m gonna start blushing!  :blush:  :grin:

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Mushrooms and My mom and I [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #5119684 - 12/29/05 05:16 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I sez the truth when I sees it. :heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies