Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedrigpy
Stranger
im a nubey plz help
    #5096589 - 12/23/05 01:20 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

before u say: read the faq, believe me i've read quite a bit. I actually attempted a grow once several years ago, but for reasons out of my control it didn't work.

I have many questions:

I just ordered 5 syringes from the Hawkseye... one of B+, Thai, Thai super strain, Mexi Cub, and ORissa India i think.

were those good choices?

For anyone with experience with this vendor, how long does it generally take the Hawkseye to deliver? I sent my order on Tues.

with 5 different strains how should i go about distributing the spores? I was thinking like maybe 6-8 jars per syringe. I then want to case the majority of them and let just maybe like a jar or two of each grow from cakes. So i was thinking ill need like 40-50 jars.... right?

Does this sound feasible?

This is gonna be a closet grow and my room is fairly small... My roommate is down with the idea but i doubt he will lend any of HIS closet space.

Also where is the best place to get canning jars? they're 10 bucks a dozen at this store near here, is that a good price? Does anywhere sell them cheaper than that?

Any additional advice would be awesome.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: im a nubey plz help [Re: drigpy]
    #5096695 - 12/23/05 02:06 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Those are good strains.I have ordered from the Hawkseye  :thumbup: and was happy with every syringe. Don't remember how long it took ti get them but the Christmas rush may slow it down a bit.

1cc per 1/2 pint jar anymore is a waste of spores.

the 1st rule of growing is never tell anyone. Hope your roommate is real cool. In Texas a 1st time grower can get 5 to 90 years for over 4 grams.

10 dollars a dozen is a standard price

Have fun and be safe

:sun:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#5096716 - 12/23/05 02:13 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

>>>>were those good choices?

sure  :laugh:

>>>>So i was thinking ill need like 40-50 jars.... right? Does this sound feasible?

Considering the limited space, here's what I would do. Keep in mind that I'm fairly new and haven't tried a lot of teks (I'm into straw right now), but...

If you're doing the brown rice flour tek with 1/2 pint jars, which is what I assume, I would do 24 jars using 2 syringes. Once the jars are done, spawn them to straw in bread pans and place in tubs, or spawn to straw directly into several tubs. Either way, a few polyfil holes can provide quiet air exchange.

If you're doing WBS in quarts, I'd do 2 syringes in 8 jars, spawning in the same manner.

Either of those (if all jars colonize) might yield close to a pound dried  :shocked: and you'd still have 3 syringes left. With straw (or poo) your yield will be way bigger than cakes, or crumbling and casing, and it only adds about a week to the grow time. It's not a lot more work either: cut up straw, stuff in pillow case, stick in pot of 170 degree water for an hour, drain. You'd need to do that several times.

Rahz

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

OfflineBkultra
Male

#5096719 - 12/23/05 02:14 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

As for your 40 jar idea i would say get 12 1/2 pint jars (make sure they are wide mouth jars) 40 jars is a crazy amount. If you need that many shrooms then read up on casing. The other reason i say 12 jars is, if you are still learning then why would you want to do 40 at once. If you fuk up you would waist all the spores. Start with a small number of jars until you get it down. And if you are short on space as you stated you have no room for a 40 jar set up.

--------------------
We had two bags of grass... pellets of mescaline... five sheets of high-powered blotter acid... a salt shaker half-full of cocaine... a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers.     
Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer...     
- a pint of raw ether...
- Shit !     
two dozen amyls.     
Not that we needed all that for the trip... but once you get locked into a serious drug collection... the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Offlinexaxphaanes
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: im a nubey plz help [Re: Bkultra]
    #5096773 - 12/23/05 02:40 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

If you're doing WBS in quarts, I'd do 2 syringes in 8 jars, spawning in the same manner.

uhh i would think that, that would make the wbs Way to wet and would contam just my opinion.....i usually do 19 jars with 2 syringes since there is already water in there and i don't want to make it too wet

--------------------
"Anything i say is fictional"
  what you should look for in manure

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos
Re: im a nubey plz help [Re: xaxphaanes]
    #5097321 - 12/23/05 09:56 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

On a side note, I'd suggest making a Liquid Culture [LC] for each of those strains for future grows, mainly because they're basically an endless supply of mycelium and will colonize jars way faster than spore syringes.

If you are not familiar with LC, do a site search for Liquid Growth Medium, and you'll find a tek for it, or do forum searches for the topic and you'll find plenty of info on it.

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #5097455 - 12/23/05 10:44 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I just ordered 5 syringes from the Hawkseye... one of B+, Thai, Thai super strain, Mexi Cub, and ORissa India i think.

were those good choices?

Yeah those were good choices.

Save the Orissa India for when you move on to working with bulk substrates.
The Orissa India is a dung lover and does better on poo than on cakes.

Quote:

Also where is the best place to get canning jars? they're 10 bucks a dozen at this store near here, is that a good price? Does anywhere sell them cheaper than that?

Thats a little spendy compared to what I pay for my new jars.
I pay under $7.00 for mine.
Shop around and see if you can find them a little cheaper.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #5097606 - 12/23/05 11:43 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Hawkseye took about a week for me. All of his strains are great and I REALLY like his Mexi Cub strain! You can get jars cheaper online, but the shipping charges usually kill ya. The jars will last a long time, so I wouldn't sweat a couple bucks anyway.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinekeefboy
a friendly parkranger
Re: im a nubey plz help [Re: FooMan]
    #5098076 - 12/23/05 02:05 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

im doing thai now, the ones i got were really contam resistant and they actually fought off a bacterial infection. do those first. oh ya, and they are potent as well (even off brf casings)

--------------------
"A friend of mine was famous for holding his hits until his face swelled up and turned bright red. The veins in his neck and forehead would bulge and he'd get bug-eyed. He'd start sweating. Then he'd belch the hit out violently, along with plenty of spit, and gasp for air." ~UBAKO

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #5098110 - 12/23/05 02:13 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

After giving your post a second look, I'd advise you to scale down the grow a bit. You said you had problems last time, so 40-50 jars at once would be a real tear-jerker if things went bad :frown: I'd do a test run first.

If you are looking at growing alot of shrooms, I'd say do one strain at a time, spawn to h/poo in a double tub and let the good times roll :thumbup:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale