Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekungpow
SeasonedPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: AaAaAaAa
Potency or Me?
    #5095167 - 12/22/05 06:48 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Well guys I am here because I have a problem. My shrooms just aren't getting as potent as I'd like. I thought that poo would do wonders for me but it didn't.

here is the deal. My first time I tripped was awesome. It was 7 years ago and I ate an eighth and I had a level 4 trip and I had a grand time. I hadn't tripped since then untill recently. But now I can't trip hard. Neither can my girlfriend. With BRF shrooms the first time we ate them off of my own grow I ate an eighth. I only experience slight visuals(walls breathing, etc.). So next time I decided to trip hard so I ate 6 grams. That got me to a lower level 3. But so far that has been my hardest trip since my first trip 7 years ago.

So i thought it's the BRF and I grew poo shrooms. People told me to be careful because they will knock me on my ass. So my first time doing them I took caution. I took a shroom that weighed 37.2 grams when harvested and ate it. I had let it dry half way but I wanted to trip that day so I ate it half dry. So that should come to about 3.5 grams right. I was very dissapointed. It was alot like my first BRF trip and lasted only about 4 hours.

I don't know what the problem is. Are my shrooms not potent. Or is it me? The reason I believe it's not just me is my girlfriend has about the same experience as me. I dont' know what is going on. I always pack really well and I have no responsibilities when it is time. My poo that I grew with was from tennstud so it was good shit. I don't know what the damn problem is.

I grew my shrooms in a monotub off of 5 lbs of tennstud. I've got the holes in the side with polyfill for FAE. Also give it a standard daylight schedule. It is sitting in the livingroom and I just use sunlight for my light source. The only thing that I could think of might be wrong is that the humidity was off. A few of my caps cracked. But I already know how to fix that. I looked at it too much and let the humidity out.

So any ideas what the problem is? I didn't know wether to post this is the grow forums or this one. SO I decided to put it in this one since it has the most to do with this. Thanks for the help guys.

--------------------
Monotub #3 - check out my best grow to date!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: Potency or Me? [Re: kungpow]
    #5095267 - 12/22/05 07:13 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

do you take them on an empty stomach?

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
Re: Potency or Me? [Re: lemon_lw]
    #5095300 - 12/22/05 07:23 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

If the humidity was off, that could be your problem right there.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Re: Potency or Me? [Re: ClammyJoe]
    #5095346 - 12/22/05 07:32 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TheMadConductor said:
If the humidity was off, that could be your problem right there.

not saying you are wrong but ive never heard that could you please link your source

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinekungpow
SeasonedPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

#5095492 - 12/22/05 07:55 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Yes I always eat them on an empty stomach. I usually try not to eat anything at least 6 hours before I do them. I usually plan a few days ahead to trip or weeks even. So I always make sure everything is perfect. The way I trip is I go about a normal day and eat what I want. Then I go to bed and then I wake up in the morning. I usually eat the shrooms around 1pm. I don't like to be up late on them because my eyes hurt. So that is why I do them in day. But I don't eat anything that day. So that is at least 12 hours with no food. So I know that is not the problem. Any other ideas? I believe it has to do with potency, because other people that do them with me have about the same effects as I do. I really wish I could find the problem.

--------------------

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#5095678 - 12/22/05 08:33 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

what strain is it? and when do you pick, before the veil tears or after?

--------------------

Invisibleplaywithguns
Sporophore

#5095783 - 12/22/05 09:02 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

How do you dry and/or store them?

--------------------
My Garden

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Re: Potency or Me? [Re: playwithguns]
    #5095898 - 12/22/05 09:29 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

playwithguns said:
How do you dry and/or store them?

yes yes thats what i was trying to think of but for some odd reason it wouldnt come to me.

another one, and im sorry it sounds dumb but i gotta ask. are you eating an eighth dry or wet?

--------------------

Offlinehappysun
God Machine
Male User Gallery

Loc: NM USA
    #5095938 - 12/22/05 09:49 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Where did your spores come from?

--------------------
"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science" ~ Einstein

www.myspace.com/lucuse

OfflineBkultra
Male

#5095959 - 12/22/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

If you have only experienced this last few times it just might be the shrooms. I eat my fair share and they cant all be great trips.  My guess is that you are just eating lower quality shrooms, if its the spores,strain,or growing conditions i cant say.  I would normally say eat more but i seen that you tried to eat nearly an 1/4...I remember when I took 1/2 0z in one sitting I don't think I have been the same since  :crazy2:

--------------------
We had two bags of grass... pellets of mescaline... five sheets of high-powered blotter acid... a salt shaker half-full of cocaine... a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers.     
Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer...     
- a pint of raw ether...
- Shit !     
two dozen amyls.     
Not that we needed all that for the trip... but once you get locked into a serious drug collection... the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Offlinekungpow
SeasonedPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Potency or Me? [Re: Bkultra]
    #5096079 - 12/22/05 10:44 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Ok my spores came from spores101 and it is brazilian strain. From my poo grow i tried eating a shroom that weighed 37.2 grams wet. I didn't eat it totally fresh though. I was hoping it would dry in time but it didn't so I ate it anyways. It was still have wet.

To dry them I just put them out on the tabe with a fan. It gets the job done 2-3 days. For storage I just put them in a ziploc and keep it in my dressor. So far I haven't kept any longer than a week. so don't believe that it is my storage technique. Because I get the same effect when fresh. That also knocks out when I dry them.

Damn a 1/2 oz in one sitting that must of been horrible. It was hard for me to get those 6 grams down.

For the harvesting question. I harvest when the majority of the shrooms are ready to break veil. So most are just about ready to break, but some of them are open and some aren't that close to opening. So there is a wide variety.

I've done my homework when it comes to cultivating. The only thing that I believe could be wrong with my methods was the humidity and that is under control now.

My last quess is strain. This strain might just be shit. I have 2 other strains in spore prints but haven't grown them yet. I have creeper fruiting right now and it will be done in about 4 days. The other strain is argenita. that will be the next type I spawn into poo. I love the feedback guys. Thanks

--------------------

OfflineBkultra
Male

#5096103 - 12/22/05 10:51 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

If all the weak trips came from the same batch i would say don't worry about it, we all get weak crops from time to time. As for the 1/2 oz it was kinda of cool. I was with my 3 cousins (all of which i had not seen in over 5 years) and my brother. His house sits on a forest with a lake , we sat by a fire for most of the night and later took out his boat. Over all i must say it was one of the best times I have had on shrooms.

--------------------
We had two bags of grass... pellets of mescaline... five sheets of high-powered blotter acid... a salt shaker half-full of cocaine... a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers.     
Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer...     
- a pint of raw ether...
- Shit !     
two dozen amyls.     
Not that we needed all that for the trip... but once you get locked into a serious drug collection... the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Offline888
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5096358 - 12/23/05 12:08 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

my guess is its your isolate. You could probably get a more potent crop from the same spore if your willing to test a few isolates but you already have 2 other strains to try so that solves that. I don't think harvesting before the veil breaks makes a difference in potency. I think thats just gossip feeding gossip. Potent mushrooms are just that and it doesnt matter if the cap is fully open and turning upward. The main reason for harvesting around the time of the veil breaking is so you don't get spores everywhere. A couple trays of mushrooms can dump allot of spores into the air and cause pins to abort if smothered.

In my opinion cubensis of a decent potency should give a strong trip at a 3.5 gram dose. 5-7  grams should be complete liquid blur ... talking to beings and things  :eek:

Offlinekungpow
SeasonedPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Potency or Me? [Re: 888]
    #5097306 - 12/23/05 09:50 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Hopefully it is the isolate. When I get a pressure cooker I am going to get the stuff to isolate strains becaue I believe that could really make a difference in my crop. But hopefully using a different strain will really get my potency up.

I am going to trip on monday. I want to take enough to definitely trip hard. I have been wanting to trip hard and just haven't gotten there yet. So I was thinking about taking a dose of about 6 grams. I did 6 grams of my BRF and it was about level 3. But not that far into three. I am hoping my poo shrooms are different and it will send me off into a deep trip. I have tripped off of my poo shrooms once and I hit like a level 2 trip that lasted 4 hours. I wish I could tell you my dose but I am not sure because it was half dry. But like I said before it was about 37 grams wet.

so do you think taking 6 grams is a good idea? I am not afraid of tripping hard and I am not afraid of a bad trip. I haven't had a bad trip yet and I am sure I will have one someday. I just feel that I am ready for anything that could be thrown at me. thanks again

--------------------

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#5097313 - 12/23/05 09:53 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

just make sure yor not in a place that peoplle can hear you in case you get loud, and have a sober trip sitter that know no matter what youll come out of it fine and not dead.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates