Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTheStudent
Learning
 User Gallery
mono tub rye poo
    #5092597 - 12/22/05 04:03 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I'm going to try a 50 GAL. bin as a MONO tub, following Wronguy's DOUBLE tub tech. He uses "19 qt minimum to 64 qt maximum" bin. A 50 Gal. bin is 200 qts. does anyone see a problem with this?

Also....How can i measure the amount of Rye Berrie's I'll need to inoculate for a 50 gal. bin?

The plan is Z-Strain-->LC/Karo-->Rye Berry's-->TiT Incubation-->Hpoo-->Casing (http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1597724/an/0/page/0)

This is my first time, and as you see I'm improvising a little, so I'm just looking to make sure this huge tub isn't going to throw anything off.

Thx,
:mushroom2:The.Student :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: mono tub rye poo [Re: TheStudent]
    #5092634 - 12/22/05 04:29 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I would fill the tub with water to the level you want the substrate, then measure out what you put in. Say 20 litres. Say you are spawning 1:4 grain:poo by volume, this means you have 5 parts, one of which is grain, so you want 4 litres of wet grains. Thats about 1-1.5kg of dry grain.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: mono tub rye poo [Re: blackout]
    #5092645 - 12/22/05 04:36 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

all i can tell u is.... make sure u are careful and u kno what ure doing first! otherwise u may end up very disappointed

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

InvisibleTheStudent
Learning
 User Gallery
Re: mono tub rye poo [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #5092779 - 12/22/05 05:50 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

lordoftheshroomz said:
all i can tell u is.... make sure u are careful and u kno what ure doing first! otherwise u may end up very disappointed

Is there anything in particular youre thinking of? If so i would be greatful to hear what =))).

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #5092882 - 12/22/05 06:57 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I use 124 quart tubs as a mono tub. The main problem you will have is keeping the humidity up in such a large area without the casing layer drying out. Thats why he uses the 64 quart max. You will just have to spray in the tub for humidity.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #5092900 - 12/22/05 07:14 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TheStudent said:
Is there anything in particular youre thinking of? If so i would be greatful to hear what =))).

I think it is just general, like I wouldnt recommend that for a first grow, it would be disappointing to have to toss that much stuff

InvisibleTheStudent
Learning
 User Gallery
Re: mono tub rye poo [Re: blackout]
    #5093834 - 12/22/05 01:13 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I see....maybe i'm getting a little over anxious? lol.

I have a bunch of 20-gal tubs, and 2 are already made into a DT setup. Perhaps i should just go back to plan A =). And maybe do a 20-gal MONO tup along with it.

Think 80qtZ is close enough?

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
    #5093882 - 12/22/05 01:27 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Psychoslut hit the nail on the head. The larger the tub, the harder it is to maintain humidity. Remember, the tub size doubles. So if you are using a 200 quart tub, as you stated, you now have 400 quarts of air space to humidify. Actually about 10% less due to substrate depth. Expecting the substrate to humidify that much space may be a little much.

I personally have never tried a tub that large. The largest tub I ever tried was a 132 quart. It failed miserably because my substrate continually dried out. Someone around here may have had luck, but I don't think it's the norm.

You don't need a huge tub to get huge yields. I easily pull 7-8 dried ounces using a small 19 quart tub. This amount is over 4-5 flushes, but that's still quite a bit. My largest, most successful grow, was my Puerto Ricans done in a 33 gallon mono-tub. My first flush was 6 pounds wet. When all flushes had concluded I yielded 1.3 pounds dry. A mono-tub uses the same principal as the double tubs, but with one instead of two. The key to a mono-tub success is having enough space between the top holes and bottoms holes to prevent air stagnation.

Start small. Master the double/single tub grows and then you can move on to bigger grows. Good luck.

InvisibleTheStudent
Learning
 User Gallery
Re: mono tub rye poo [Re: Wronguy]
    #5093904 - 12/22/05 01:32 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Those are pretty impressive amounts Wronguy. I have Z-Strain on the way, I'll be a very happy man if I get anywhere near that much on my first grow. lol.

Offlinediablovt1125
Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5093908 - 12/22/05 01:33 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Baby steps man...there's a little more to growing than the TEKs explain.  It takes some first hand experience and refinement of YOUR OWN personal technique.  The TEKs are a guideline for something that ultimately will be personalized for you.  Also, trust me on this cause I'm new to all this as well, a lot of the fine folks on this forum are very experienced due to a huge amount of trial and error.  Plus, they make it look easy  :wink:

I'd start a little smaller, maybe your 20gal DT, or hell, the PF tek is a good way to go if this is your first time.

I'm not trying to preach, just giving you my opinion from one newb to the other.  BTW I'm experimenting with a smaller mono tub using straw and BRF as spawn.  Its working so far, got some colonization going on and everything  :thumbup:

Best of Luck whatever you decide

--------------------
Know yourself, know your substance, and know your source

InvisibleTheStudent
Learning
 User Gallery
    #5093921 - 12/22/05 01:36 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

btw...thx for the input everyone, you may have just save me from certain misery

This is way off topic...but while i was typing this post a health food store just called me back. They said i could order 20pounds of Rye Berrie's for $14. I am a happy man =)

Edited by TheStudent (12/22/05 01:37 PM)

Offlinediablovt1125
Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5093936 - 12/22/05 01:41 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Damn, good deal!

--------------------
Know yourself, know your substance, and know your source

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: mono tub rye poo [Re: diablovt1125]
    #5094220 - 12/22/05 02:45 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Plus, they make it look easy

its not hard to make it look easy because it is easy!

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinebam
OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Freetown, Sierra Leone Flag
    #10800578 - 08/04/09 06:26 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

a

--------------------
"%$@#! the Police"

NWA, BAM

Offlinebam
OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Freetown, Sierra Leone Flag
Re: mono tub rye poo [Re: bam]
    #10800580 - 08/04/09 06:26 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

aa

--------------------
"%$@#! the Police"

NWA, BAM

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag