Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineprototypical_man
ass model

Loc: Doral Florida
dunk, coldshock, case? or dunk , case , coldshock?
    #5091761 - 12/21/05 10:29 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

dunk, coldshock, case? or dunk , case , coldshock?

Ive got some jars im dunking right now.. Im wondering if i should put them in the fridge over night or if i should case them, wait a little , then coldshock..

B.

--------------------
I have 29 Strains as of current.. I LOVE TO TRADE. See my bio for the strains I currently have.

I seek: Strains I don't have, exotic species, Edibles, Vacutainers, A accurate scale, chicken manure, worm castings, worms for making my own worm castings, plastic lids for mason jars, light malt extract, Kelp Meal, A Ph Tester, A microscope.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinexaxphaanes
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: dunk, coldshock, case? or dunk , case , coldshock? [Re: prototypical_man]
    #5091931 - 12/21/05 11:07 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

what i do is submerge the casing with h202/water put Saran wrap on it and put it in the fridge ( i put alcohol on the Saran wrap and let it dry) then wait 12-24 hours and then drain and put in the fc

--------------------
"Anything i say is fictional"
  what you should look for in manure

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: dunk, coldshock, case? or dunk , case , coldshock? [Re: xaxphaanes]
    #5093070 - 12/22/05 08:55 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I personally don't do a coldshock....I just dunk at room temp for about 12 hours and then go right to a casing (depending on substrate of course).

You could try both and see what works best for you....Some will argue that cold shocking is beneficial...some (like me) will argue that it only causes a delay in pinning time and does nothing beneficial for fruiting.

It has been argued plenty of times, the same resulting answer occurs. Try both, whatever works for you, stick with that.

My way of doing it is: dunk, case, incubate, fruit.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: dunk, coldshock, case? or dunk , case , coldshock? [Re: prototypical_man]
    #5093519 - 12/22/05 11:33 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I do the same dunk, case, incubate, fruit, sometimes I don't even incubate always with fine results. I've come to realize some cubie stains do indeed respond well to cold shocking with no delay in pinning, remember there is a transitional phase between vegetative growth and generative growth coldshocking does help hasten this transition IME often times giving me pins sooner not later and usually a more prolific pinset as well. Read my pinning strategy to get a better understanding of the process. Too many people here believe coldshocking as necessary to pinning which is totally false with cubensis what they fail to realize is in reality it shortens the transitional phase which usually can last between 5-7 days or there abouts. GL

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale