Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGliders
Oh, hello!

Dream about Aya... what does it mean?
    #5085267 - 12/20/05 09:21 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I wanted to edit this to make sure it's clear that this is literally about a dream, and the term is not a euphemism.  I realized after I wrote this that it could be confusing. :smirk:

Well, I didn't know whether to include this in the plant discussion group or this one, but it's about a dream I had.  Back story:  I've never tried Ayahuasca and never planned to, since it sounds so completely powerful.  However I've always been interested in reading about the experience.

Recently I woke up from a dream in which I found a bag of Mimosa Hostilis (and this was exactly how it was labelled in the dream), and thought I needed to mix it with Syrian Rue.  Well, I wasn't even sure what these ingredients were, although I was pretty sure they were somewhat associated with aya.  Now I read up on it and see they're considered an Ayahuasca analogue.

So anyway, now I'm wondering WTF?  Is Aya calling me, and if so, why would it be represented by the analogues (which some people say is not the true VINE), and not the real thing (B. Caapi)?  Or is this symbolic, and does it mean I'm accepting someting false into my life... or is it telling me the analogue would mix better with my system, or does anyone have any other ideas?

--------------------

Edited by Gliders (12/20/05 10:22 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewhythewho
outdoor mushroomfarmer
Male

Loc: .inside a t.hundercloud.
Re: Dream about Aya... what does it mean? [Re: Gliders]
    #5087361 - 12/20/05 08:59 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

ive had many a dream where the mushroom, the herb or datura, comes to me in their physical form, yet spledidly altered. the question is, do you feel drawn to this now that its made contact with you? if you feel drawn personally, i would say that yes, you should persue this plant. yes, caapi is the 'original' ayahuasca, but simply because the chemicals, the spirit, is found in a different plant, it is in no way inferior, it is simply different. each plant has its own voice and its own lessons.

--------------------
Spiral out.... keep going...
spiral out!

OfflineGliders
Oh, hello!

Re: Dream about Aya... what does it mean? [Re: whythewho]
    #5088906 - 12/21/05 08:49 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I guess I would have to say yes, I do feel drawn to it now.  Still scared, mind you, but drawn.  I'm beginning to research it little by little now.  If I can afford it, I would love to take one of those Amazon Ayahuasca tours.  :wink:

--------------------

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: Dream about Aya... what does it mean? [Re: Gliders]
    #5089315 - 12/21/05 10:39 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Do it becasue it is so powerful. :grin:

McKennaDMT :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: Dream about Aya... what does it mean? [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #5091535 - 12/21/05 09:17 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds cool!  I had a similarly odd introduction to Ayahuasca and within two months I was on a plane to Peru.  I don't know if it's allowed to post websites here, but the guy I went with has one and is a professional Journalist who has written about his many years of experience with Ayahuasca in the Amazon and has them posted on his website.

Pm me if you'd like the info. :smile:

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Dream about Aya... what does it mean? [Re: VirgilKane]
    #5152577 - 01/07/06 10:47 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Just wanted to say that aya is something that you need to have respect for, and anyone diving head first into it for the first time who is not scared...in my opinion does not respect it.

If you are not scared the first time you do it, then you probably shouldnt do it. Just my opinion though.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineGliders
Oh, hello!

Re: Dream about Aya... what does it mean? [Re: tak]
    #5155751 - 01/08/06 06:59 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

From what I understand, one who doesn't have a little healthy fear about it will have it put in them. :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder