Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
speeding the time from injection to friuts
    #5084348 - 12/20/05 12:14 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

okay the hting with growing mushies is usually at the quickest you can go from spores to shrooms in 3 weeks or so.

this is just too damn long. most of the time in colonisation in the half pinter's which are equivelent to 8 ounces.

What if one was to decrease the volume of the substrate and use the same amount of spores. im talking about going down to 2 or 4 ounce containers of substrate.

this could be accomplished by adding an extra layer of properly moistned verm to the bottom of the jar before adding the BRF mix, or by using smaller jars all togeather.

What do you think would be the best route of action for this??

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
Re: speeding the time from injection to friuts [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5084362 - 12/20/05 12:19 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

LC of course

I think this might help you.
LINK
this is the wildest thing that I have read.... :thumbup:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

Re: speeding the time from injection to friuts [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #5084372 - 12/20/05 12:22 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Also three weeks is nothing...once you get started on a cycle...then it's constant harvest...depending...of course

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#5084379 - 12/20/05 12:25 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

a liquid culture would probably take longer than the small substrate. i dont want a whole bunch of mushies just enough for me, if i can find someone to host my grow, as im not doin it at my place.

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinexaxphaanes
Mycologist
 User Gallery

#5084392 - 12/20/05 12:31 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

lc takes (well took me) 3 days to colonize the lc jar usualy takes between 4-5 days so tht should be almost the same amnt of time

--------------------
"Anything i say is fictional"
  what you should look for in manure

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: speeding the time from injection to friuts [Re: xaxphaanes]
    #5084395 - 12/20/05 12:32 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

wait are you fruiting form the LC jar or usig it as a spawn for another substrate???

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

#5084400 - 12/20/05 12:33 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Yes...but once you have the LC in hand it can take days off the incubation period.

Look at this after less then a week

One syringe could last you a "life" time, if prepared correctly

No need for bulk growing...small but efficient

starting with spores is MUCH slower then a small LC...to get the process started.

--------------------

Atheist Chat

InvisibleTippinthru
contented

Loc: "The Garden"...
    #5084415 - 12/20/05 12:39 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

What's the rush??????

--------------------
Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time...
[

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: speeding the time from injection to friuts [Re: Tippinthru]
    #5084425 - 12/20/05 12:41 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

the only reason i dont grow is beacuse i do alot of borderline illegal things and dont want to do anything blatantly illegal even in my own home for fear of getting busted.

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

#5084436 - 12/20/05 12:43 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------

Atheist Chat

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#5084451 - 12/20/05 12:46 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

back in the day i tried using a whole bunch of sauce cups, 1 ounce ones, like what oyu get sides of bbq sauce in when you order to go.

never got the mixture to work, mostly beacause i couldnt sterilise because they were plastic and flimsy.

--------------------
PEACE

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Loc: Washington
    #5084608 - 12/20/05 01:49 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

What you could do is take 1/2 pint jars and fill them only halfway with substrate, and then they will colonize twice as fast, and you can take the fully colonized half-cakes and use them for a casing. In this case you would need twice as many jars. But figure this. You could fully fill 4 jars and wait twice as long as filling 8 jars halfway, which is equivelant to 4 jars. Maybe it could work that way.

--------------------

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

#5084618 - 12/20/05 01:53 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

IMO trying to force things to happen too fast really is just asking for trouble.

If you use LC on grain you can get a harvest fruited in 4 weeks...that's still pretty darn fast.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: speeding the time from injection to friuts [Re: musher_420]
    #5084643 - 12/20/05 02:16 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Leave your grains a bit dry and inject lots of LC, these jars are on day 1 and day 3

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

Re: speeding the time from injection to friuts [Re: blackout]
    #5084653 - 12/20/05 02:28 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

what's up with the Rye...ones darker then the other?

--------------------

Atheist Chat

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #5084724 - 12/20/05 03:27 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

one has blood added to it, click on microwave growlog in my signature for more info

OfflineHoss
Stranger
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: speeding the time from injection to friuts [Re: blackout]
    #5084847 - 12/20/05 05:36 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Those rye berries are PLUMP, blackout! What'dya do to them?!

Edit: Nevermind, that's wheat. Still very plump though. At the store, wheat berries looked more like rye. By the inflation of those berries it seems like wheat can hold alot of water, is this true?

Edited by Hoss (12/20/05 05:38 AM)

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: speeding the time from injection to friuts [Re: Hoss]
    #5084963 - 12/20/05 06:48 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

No, they hold more or less the same as rye, they should be treated the same as rye. Some had exploded but I think it is the perspective/lens angle in the photo making them look big, the jars are about 600ml, somebody else commented that the jars looked huge.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #5084980 - 12/20/05 07:03 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

What is borderline illegal?

either it will get you sent to jail or it wont. How can something be borderline illegal?

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinemediman0078
Stilllooking.....

Loc: Here, there, EVERYWHERE
Re: speeding the time from injection to friuts [Re: Psychoslut]
    #5085164 - 12/20/05 08:43 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
What is borderline illegal?

either it will get you sent to jail or it wont. How can something be borderline illegal?

Ask the guys working at your local head shop... :wink:

I have a couple friends that work at one. They say the police like to stop by plain clothes a lot and try to catch them slipping up on grey area stuff like bongs, nitrous, vapes, papers... whatever could be construed as paraphenalia basically. They've both been followed home by police on numerous occasions. Personally, I don't do anything illegal around them unless we're out somewhere in the middle of the desert, positive that no one bothered to tail them... rediculous really. At least it's cool to hang out with them around the campfire. :laugh:

--------------------
........someday I'll find it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale