Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblepsilotatsic
useless
 User Gallery

Loc: Here
Depression Meds and Anxiety Meds(need input)
    #5082271 - 12/19/05 02:59 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Hello everyone.. ive recently had to deal with overcomin a bad meth addiction and it really showed me my underlying mental problems.. i mean ive known ive had them for a quite awhile but i always put them off.. my questions are :

1) What all kinds of meds have you taken for Depression? Plz list the name of the med and side effects and if it helped or not.. i know doctors will try to find the best that suits the person so list all youve had.

2) Same as #1 but for anxiety? Did the depression meds help with anxiety?

Im goin be tryin paxil i think is my docs first choice and i dunno if hell give me anything for the anxiety or not cuz ive had an od on meds back in the day and he knows i have a addicted personalty

Im really tryin to get my life together i cant do with without help

--------------------
"Those whoe truely get high never come back"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: Depression Meds and Anxiety Meds(need input) [Re: psilotatsic]
    #5082333 - 12/19/05 03:13 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

just wait for psilocyberin to come in here and tell you you're a weakling for trying meds :wink:

I've been on Zoloft [did not yield positive results] and I'm currently on Lexapro [which is helping quite a bit]... both are SSRI's.

If you have an addictive personality, then they definitely won't give you benzo's or anything for the anxiety.. but a lot of doctors will tell you that depression & anxiety are closely enough related that taking an anti-depressant will calm your anxiety. This proved to be true for me.

good luck holmes, and congrats on kicking the meth and getting yourself on track. :thumbup:

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

OfflineOrizonsHorizon
Stranger
    #5082361 - 12/19/05 03:19 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

There are too many individual drugs to list so Ill just categorize by class: For Depression...the first thing they'll put you on is an SRI, then they'll move up to an SSRI and finally (if those dont work) an MAOI.

Anxiety is usually not addressed since its usually a sideffect of depression and doctors are not gonna put you on a fast acting benzo if you are just comin off an addiction.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: Depression Meds and Anxiety Meds(need input) [Re: lukeboots]
    #5082390 - 12/19/05 03:25 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

jonnywax said:
just wait for psilocyberin to come in here and tell you you're a weakling for trying meds :wink:

ive never called anyone a weakling, nor have i ever judged a person based on their choice to medicate or not. you are so afraid of me and my position that you have to attempt to pre-disclaim my posts. your getting desperate now.
Show me any post where i have called someone a weakling for medicating themselves.
Like I have said before, I am only trying to raise awareness about alternative solutions and the depravity of pharmcorps.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #5082421 - 12/19/05 03:36 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

psilotatsic said:
Hello everyone.. ive recently had to deal with overcomin a bad meth addiction and it really showed me my underlying mental problems.. i mean ive known ive had them for a quite awhile but i always put them off.. my questions are :

1) What all kinds of meds have you taken for Depression? Plz list the name of the med and side effects and if it helped or not.. i know doctors will try to find the best that suits the person so list all youve had.

2) Same as #1 but for anxiety? Did the depression meds help with anxiety?

Im goin be tryin paxil i think is my docs first choice and i dunno if hell give me anything for the anxiety or not cuz ive had an od on meds back in the day and he knows i have a addicted personalty

Im really tryin to get my life together i cant do with without help

psilotatsic, I think it is great you have gotten off of meth, but do you think that you should trade one drug for another?
i can only assume that a large part of taking meth was that it made you "feel better" and you worried less and felt less depressed. Aren't you hoping that these other meds do the exact same thing? but you just want to do it legally?
If you feel that you are so prone to addiction, then why ever bother with taking addictive drugs again? even if they are prescribed or legal.
Depression and anxiety come from within you, you are the cause. By pinning the cause of your problems on an inanimate thing you will never "cure" yourself of these problems, and will have to go through life taking pills just to mask the problem.
If you do take medications, I really hope that you research them first, find out the side-affects, the main affect, its history -legal and mortality wise, and difficulty of withdrawl.
Paxil is notorious for making it almost impossible to ejaculate.. thats just one of its lovely by-products.

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Re: Depression Meds and Anxiety Meds(need input) [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #5082451 - 12/19/05 03:41 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

it was a joke, in case you missed that  :rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #5082462 - 12/19/05 03:46 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

:shitstorm:

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Depression Meds and Anxiety Meds(need input) [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #5082868 - 12/19/05 05:23 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

There are two possible reasons for your depression.

1.Obviously your mantra is messed up.

What you need to do is pray during every 5th moon for 4 months. This will help realign all your chakra's and make you feel much better.

2. Were you molested as a child? Witness a horrific murder? Ther is obviously some latent psychological issue here. What you need to do is uncover it and look within.

What may help is the use of LSD or magic mushrooms. These will touch your inner soul and help you gain insight.

Psychedelics are chemicals which will induce an extremely complex and mystical state which will allow you to see one thing: Drugs won't work because there's no way a chemical could ever be responsible for depression or any other emotion.

If that doesn't work, you'll be depressed forever. Better luck next time.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Re: Depression Meds and Anxiety Meds(need input) [Re: badchad]
    #5082912 - 12/19/05 05:33 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

yeah....his mantra is messed up.....OBVIOUSLY

--------------------

Invisiblepsilotatsic
useless
 User Gallery

#5083332 - 12/19/05 07:13 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

OK look..

Im lookin for anwswer from ppl that have tried meds.. im not lookin for any other type of info.. ive tried everything you could think of for 25 years of my life and nothing else has work..

So plz reply with your input if youve tried meds for help

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #5083380 - 12/19/05 07:22 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

do you think that you are genetically predisposed to enjoy life less than everyone else?

Offlineyewhew
Dead in Eternity

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #5083403 - 12/19/05 07:26 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i was on amitriptyline for a few weeks to help with my anxiety, but i also started meditation around that time too. i found the meditation was such a great help that i decided to stop taking the medication. the medication wasn't doing anything for me. with the meditation i could become awake and better understand the complex relationship between the aware self and the ego.

if i meditate in the morning i would feel positive and stay positive throughout the day. the more i meditated the easier it was to meditate and the quicker i could get into deeper meditative states which really help to calm the mind and body and feel at peace with everything.

--------------------

Edited by yewhew (12/19/05 07:30 PM)

Offlineconfuzed
Stranger
Re: Depression Meds and Anxiety Meds(need input) [Re: yewhew]
    #5084961 - 12/20/05 06:43 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Lexapro and celexa are the only SSRI's worth considering because they are the ONLY SSRI's in existance, all the rest mess with dopamine to some extent. That's why Lexapro and Celexa aren't associated with any motor symptoms or permanent damage, whereas the rest are.

Honestly, people who become addicted to amphetamines give perfectly splendid drugs a bad name. If you took the stuff in quantities taken by hyperactive kids and similar, you wouldn't have run in to problems.

An SSRI and amphetamine is one of the very best treatments for depression. The SSRI stops one from feeling the deep lows of day-to-day life, while the amphetamine counteracts any lithargy or lack of motivation introduced by the SSRI.

Invisiblepsilotatsic
useless
 User Gallery

Re: Depression Meds and Anxiety Meds(need input) [Re: confuzed]
    #5085336 - 12/20/05 09:43 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

confuzed said:
Lexapro and celexa are the only SSRI's worth considering because they are the ONLY SSRI's in existance, all the rest mess with dopamine to some extent. That's why Lexapro and Celexa aren't associated with any motor symptoms or permanent damage, whereas the rest are.

Honestly, people who become addicted to amphetamines give perfectly splendid drugs a bad name. If you took the stuff in quantities taken by hyperactive kids and similar, you wouldn't have run in to problems.

An SSRI and amphetamine is one of the very best treatments for depression. The SSRI stops one from feeling the deep lows of day-to-day life, while the amphetamine counteracts any lithargy or lack of motivation introduced by the SSRI.

Does ssri's really cause lithargy and lack of motivation cuz thats one of my problems now i can barely get out of bed in fact im goin back to bed after i do what i have to do im tired :frown:

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #5085747 - 12/20/05 12:54 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I've had some very positive results with Zoloft. Everyone's a bit different, so it may take some time to find the right one for you. I function quite well on it, and experience no drowsiness whatsoever. Of course, YMMV.

As far as anti-anxiety meds go, the Zolft does help me a bit there, but they may have to give you a benzo for that. But as I said, everyone's different, so you'll have to find out what's best for you. Good luck and keep us posted!  :laugh:

Edited by Le_Canard (12/20/05 01:13 PM)

Offlineconfuzed
Stranger
    #5085811 - 12/20/05 01:11 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Often, not always. I'm not saying they're not worth trying, on the contrary, your someone who's probably experienced a lot of extreme high's and lows and probably still does (well lows) so it might well pay to stabilise yourself with SSRI's for a while, but if you do then make it lexapro or celexa since your dopamine system has already taken a beating from the amphetamines.

How about St John's wort? St John's wort isn't the type of thing that you can feel working, it's more comparable to something like a headache tablet where you don't notice the progressive effect, you just know it worked in retrospect because the headache disappeared. With the St John's wort, you might notice yourself walking around more frequently, exploring your surroundings, or talking to those in your environment more (family maybe).

Invisiblepsilotatsic
useless
 User Gallery

Re: Depression Meds and Anxiety Meds(need input) [Re: confuzed]
    #5094558 - 12/22/05 04:11 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

anybody else?

--------------------

Offlinelivehands
Stranger
Re: Depression Meds and Anxiety Meds(need input) *DELETED* [Re: psilotatsic]
    #5095200 - 12/22/05 06:57 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by livehands

Reason for deletion: not relevant

Offlinejsmits
Shroomer.
Loc: mboro.tn
Re: Depression Meds and Anxiety Meds(need input) [Re: livehands]
    #5095275 - 12/22/05 07:16 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

i started taking zoloft for depression and anxiety about a month ago..im up to 100 mg now on the zoloft and im taking trazedone to go to sleep..trazedone treats anxiety and helps you sleep at night(i couldnt sleep because of zoloft) at high doses(i take 100mg before bed) at low doses it is for depression and going through withdrawals of other substances..basically relaxes you.  i didnt realize it before i started taking it that i wasnt a happy person, but now i feel good when i wake up. i feel like doing stuff and i dont constantly yell at ppl  i always wanted to fight and i loved making people feel bad..i talked to a phsycologist,physiatrist, and now i have a therapist. i would suggest talking to someone and get on a anti-depression medicine that is not a narcotic. it really did help me

good luck to you.  :thumbup:

--------------------
i have a pet chinchilla.

its soft...

Invisiblepsilotatsic
useless
 User Gallery

Re: Depression Meds and Anxiety Meds(need input) [Re: jsmits]
    #5095663 - 12/22/05 08:29 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by psilotatsic (02/20/06 09:21 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate