Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineluckyjew
Stranger
BEST KIT?
    #507772 - 01/02/02 01:42 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

It appears that most people on this board are against grow kits. But I have tried several times to grow without a kit with no sucess. Some of these kits offer some pretty interesting things such as humidity and temperature controllers, CO2 regulators, contaminate filters, ionizers etc.

Is ayone out there for kits? What is the most highly recomended kit on the market?

Thanks!

-Luckyj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleisis
addict
Re: BEST KIT? [Re: luckyjew]
    #508177 - 01/02/02 07:45 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Well, what have you tried? What method have you attempted?Do you have a pressure cooker? What phase are you failing or contaminating at? Maybe we can help you out.
Iam not against kits. I have used two of them in the past. One I would not recommend. It was the old homestead kit. The other was the DB kit. I had excellent sucess with that one, but DB is having contamination issues with the grain. They are not taking new orders until this gets revolved.
So, I don't have one to recommend at the time. Maybe check these out. The Sporeworks has an excellent reputation. They are selling these mycobags. They come presterilized and ready to innoculate. I have never ordered from them, but many people have. I have heard great things about them.
http://www.sporeworks.com/mycobag.html
But do let us know what your problems have been.
What ever you do, stay away from expensive kits. Also, stay away from any of the Spore trading post kits. They are a rip off.You don't need any fancy gadgets.I have found that simplicity is a great thing when it comes to growing mushies.

Offlineluckyjew
Stranger
Re: BEST KIT? [Re: isis]
    #510306 - 01/04/02 04:45 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I have tried the simple jar method for inoculation and mycaleum developement and a home made terranium for sprouting. Twice, a slimy black mold develped while in the mid to late jar stage, and once in the terranium. If I were to get these bags, what sort of environment should I create to house the growing shrooms?

Thanks for the help.

Anonymous

Re: BEST KIT? [Re: luckyjew]
    #510312 - 01/04/02 04:58 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

The bags are self-contained....the mushrooms fruit inside the bag..all you do is inject the spores and shake the grain, make sure it has heat and light, thats it.

Invisibleisis
addict
Re: BEST KIT? [Re: ]
    #510322 - 01/04/02 05:14 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Yep, it is pretty simple. Here's a link to Workman's newest post on it.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=507866&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1#Post510280
And if you need spores, they are also a very reliable source quality spores.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale