Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBkultra
Male

Question: Not fully colonized pf cakes
    #5063555 - 12/14/05 05:46 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Let me start by saying this is my first grow and i have 10 1/2 pint jars (BRF/Verm) going about 6 of them are nearly colonized but 4 of them seem to be stuck at about 60-70% colonized. they have been going for about 21 days and they are B+'s. I have keep them at about 78F-80F. I was wondering if i should inject them with a bit of steralized water.

I have found alot of very useful info on this site and figured that you all might be able to help me out on this on.

--------------------
We had two bags of grass... pellets of mescaline... five sheets of high-powered blotter acid... a salt shaker half-full of cocaine... a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers.     
Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer...     
- a pint of raw ether...
- Shit !     
two dozen amyls.     
Not that we needed all that for the trip... but once you get locked into a serious drug collection... the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question: Not fully colonized pf cakes [Re: Bkultra]
    #5063562 - 12/14/05 05:48 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Are the holes in the lid covered? if so uncover them and turn the jars upside down (lets co2 escape the jar better)

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
    #5063575 - 12/14/05 05:51 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Welcome to the Shroomery Bkultra. Glad to see you having fun with mycology. My first question to you is did you remove the foil from the tops of the jars? You may be lacking in gas exchange, which is the most common reason for jar stalling.

Edit: Looks like Magash beat me to it.

Edited by Carlito (12/14/05 05:52 PM)

OfflineWillsk8t4shrooms
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Utrecht, Netherlands
Re: Question: Not fully colonized pf cakes [Re: Magash]
    #5063578 - 12/14/05 05:51 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah tip them upsidedown and raise your temperatures a little. If that doesnt work you can inject it if you think it is dry.

--------------------

“we have some shroomers in aisle twelve, I repeat, shroomers on aisle twelve.”

OfflineHengman
Small timeGrower
 User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Re: Question: Not fully colonized pf cakes [Re: Willsk8t4shrooms]
    #5063598 - 12/14/05 05:56 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

the only thing i can think of that is stalling them is the lack of gas exchange or the dryness. BE CAREFUL putting water in there has a good chance for the invasion of contams. try turning the jars upside down for a few days. if that doesnt work then maybe your cakes are a lil dry.

--------------------

The beautiful Cambodian Psilocybin Cubensis.

Feel the colors. See the sound.

My Personal Setup

OfflineBkultra
Male

#5063647 - 12/14/05 06:07 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Yes the i removed the foil and the holes are left open. I still see water at the edges of the jar so i will try flipping them over and i will let you know if it works. thanks for the help all.

--------------------
We had two bags of grass... pellets of mescaline... five sheets of high-powered blotter acid... a salt shaker half-full of cocaine... a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers.     
Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer...     
- a pint of raw ether...
- Shit !     
two dozen amyls.     
Not that we needed all that for the trip... but once you get locked into a serious drug collection... the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies