Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMushroomMatt
Loc: Troy, NY - USA
EPIPHANY! Feedback appreciated
    #503392 - 12/28/01 03:28 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I've been growing for a few months, gone through one batch of 12 jars (using BRF and verm.) and the second batch is almost fully colonized in the jars. I really wanted to trip last night with one of my friends who's never tripped before, so we just took 2 colonized cakes, crumbled them, soaked them in cranberry juice for a few hours, filtered the juice out, drank it and smoked a joint later on, and overall I had the best trip I've had to date (my friend was QUITE satisfied as well)-anyway though, I've found mushroom cultivation quite tedious as soon as the cakes must be birthed, even with the pimp ultrasonic setup I have put together-but while they're in the jars, they need next to no attention, other than occasional checkups for contams. What I've decided to do is buy 12 more jars and innoculate them at a 2 week offset from the other 12-since I've found full colonization takes about a month for me, I'll just take the cakes out, sell them to my mushroom-hungry friends, and re-innoculate them immediately so I'll have roughly 12 good-sized doses every 2 weeks, which is much more than I was getting with growing the fruit. All the materials are quite cheap, and as soon as they're innoculated, it requires hardly any work. Plus I don't need to worry about space for a terrarium, and stealth is at a premium as well-hiding a few jars in a dark place is very easy. Whenever people use the cakes that I'll sell (which I've estimated to be equivalent to at least the potency of an eighth each, probably more), they'll just have to do the "work" of getting some cranberry juice (or I believe orange juice works as well?) and do the same thing I did. The only thing to worry about is spores for re-innoculating new batches, since if you don't grow at least a little fruit, which I may, you won't be able to make spore prints, and you'll have to mail order them or get them some other way-that's not really even a problem though, since they're cheap and selling the cakes even cheap, like $20-$25 each, I'll more than make my money back easily. Let me know if I've influenced any of you on this or if anyone has any other bright ideas on the subject. Happy shrooming!

--------------------
[blue] To see a world in a grain of sand [/blue]
[green] And Heaven in a wildflower- [/green]
[red]To hold infinity in the palm of your hand [/red]
[purple] And eternity in an hour [/purple]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: EPIPHANY! Feedback appreciated [Re: MushroomMatt]
    #503396 - 12/28/01 03:37 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

... prepare for the flames...

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Invisiblehandlejob
Stranger

Loc: Lake Placid, NY
    #503401 - 12/28/01 03:41 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Good luck!

Anonymous

#503423 - 12/28/01 04:18 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Why not move up in the world to sclerotia, invitro. P. mexicana from sporeworks. Same system, no birthing except to harvest, and if you got off on mycelium, you will definetly get off on the scerotia on less weight.
12 jars = 12 x 30 grams dry = 360 grams dry at 5 grams max per dose, you have 72 doses for you and your friends.
Just a suggestion!!!!!!!! That is every three months of incubation. You don't have to innoculate every couple of weeks.

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #503437 - 12/28/01 04:39 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

im not goint to recommend it as ive never personally tried it but have you read hippies invitro tek? you can get at least a 1/4 ounce (likely more from what i hear) after a few flushes by just keeping your cakes in the jars and letting them fruit in there. im actually thinking of trying a slightly modified tek for this where i will innoc 1/2 pint worth of substrate in a 1 pint jar. then when i flip and remove the tape from holes there will be at least 1 or 2 inches after the cake falls to the lid for decent looking shrooms to grow in their own individual little terrarium. probably not much of an advantage to this but i just figured it might work at least as well than a packed full 1/2 pint. any comments on this?

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Invisiblenishikkiknee
journeyman
    #503712 - 12/28/01 10:51 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

hey dude (the dude part is questionable here ! )
i got a good idea for you ! while your getting that other dozen jars, get yourself 52 stamps and envelopes that way when you get burnt you'll be able to write home to mama if bubba will let ya ! Dudes in prison are real controlling of their bitches !

Anonymous

Re: EPIPHANY! Feedback appreciated [Re: nishikkiknee]
    #503783 - 12/29/01 12:18 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

LOL
Selling shrooms is bad mmkay. Doing shrooms is good mmkay.
I couldn't sell a shroom if I wanted to. I don't even know any one in the same town I live in, that eats them, let alone wants to buy them. They also grow naturalized throughout the state I live in, and probably exist somewhere in every state throughout the good old USA. Maybe throughout the world, minus the parts of the planet that are totally submerged under water, or under ice all year. Who knows though, maybe there is some cyanobacteria, algae, mollusk, shellfish, fish, mammal floating, sifting, swimming in the ocean that is PSYCHEDLIC. Maybe some ephemeral homothallic fungus living under those sheets of ice, just sitting, waiting for the ice to subside for just long enough to germinate, replicate, and metabolize some OH SO SWEET Alkaloids.
Don't bust my bubble, Fantasy is dreaming, dreaming is Life, and Death is to dream no more.

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
    #503797 - 12/29/01 12:41 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I'm going to try and be as nice as possible.

ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY???????

First of all, a PF cake is NOT worth a 1/8th of shrooms.
Secondly, your asking for some SERIOUS trouble. Growing STEALTH in your PARENTS house with intent to TRAFFICK is STUPID. You get caught, boom, you AND YOUR PARENTS could be in some SERIOUS shit. I cant STRESS these points ENOUGH. I hope this REALLY got through to YOU and YOU realize that you are being a IDIOT. Get a JOB and earn some LEGAL money.

Sorry, no offence ment, but I think your idea is REALLY stupid.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

OfflineBuddha
enthusiast
Loc: Toronto
    #503805 - 12/29/01 12:53 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

No No. You're doing it all wrong. Dont use cranberry juice, just eat the cakes whole. It gets you way more fucked up that way.

OfflineFantazee
journeyman
Loc: New England
    #503997 - 12/29/01 09:33 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I posted last week with a suggestion to eat your cakes for New Years, if your growing endeavors wouldn't produce muhrooms by then...I got some pretty hostile feedback, and I understand why...

This is the way I see it...Sacraficing a cake or two is not the worst thing you can do, but it's not helping your growing Karma...In a pinch it can be done, but our goal is to be fruitful and multiply, so sacraficing all of your cakes to make money is nothing short of a crime against nature...Literally....Not to mention that selling mushrooms from your parents house is just plain stupid (but most people don't think they'll get caught, so go ahead and ignore that part)...Advertising that you'll be selling mushrooms on an internet site designated to the cultivation of mushrooms is more than stupid, it's insane...Personally, I don't think anyone should be helping you with this endeavor...the information is here if you're willing to do the work, but why should we make it easy for you or hold your hand through it...

Of course, I'm just a stupid, narrow-minded old fuck that doesn't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt...

Offlinebizarro
Loc: Southern Illinois
Re: EPIPHANY! Feedback appreciated [Re: Fantazee]
    #504427 - 12/29/01 10:49 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

do we have absolute proof that eating cakes even works? i've heard both sides, and i've even tried it twice. the first time, i took two or three cakes and put them in warm water along with a couple tea bags. i let everything dissolve and then strained it through a colander. i drink it and felt nothing.

i read reports of other people using acidic juices, so i tried a second time, this time dissolving a couple cakes in a big glass of OJ. strained it and drank it and felt nothing.

is there a trick or what?

take care! stay safe!
-biz

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
Re: EPIPHANY! Feedback appreciated [Re: bizarro]
    #504526 - 12/30/01 01:02 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I've gotten high from soaking crumbled cakes in warm cranberry juice.

Maybe it's gotta be cranberry...

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: EPIPHANY! Feedback appreciated [Re: carbonhoots]
    #504603 - 12/30/01 03:28 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i've recommended the oj. it has worked for me in the past. i don't know why it wouldn't work now....from now on, i think everyone should stic to cran-juice. or else, i will feel guilty.

anyways...growing cake after cake, then only eating the cakes is a fucking waste! you suck. you could get SO much more than one trip or two from the fruits than you can with a cake. plus dosing shrooms is SO much easier than doseing cakes. you are wasting spores.

but if you must...use a culture from agar to innoculate your jars. it will be faster to colonize and you won't need spores as often. you can make ALOT of cultures in petri dishes. you still suck.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

OfflineNecron99
Protect youreyes from flyingsugar!

Loc: SATx
Re: EPIPHANY! Feedback appreciated [Re: bizarro]
    #504694 - 12/30/01 09:13 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Fantazee, I've tripped harder off of cake juice than I've ever tripped in my life. I could never eat enough shrooms to match the level 5 intensity of the cake trips I've done. The shit DOES work.

MushroomMatt,as for selling cakes for fun and profit..... mmmmm I gotta give it a BIG thumbs down!
The first time one of your customers fucks up the recipe and doesn't get off, YOU will be blamed.
Shots.... could be.... fired......

--------------------

"Puny earthlings do not yet know the meaning of the word suffering!!"

OfflineFantazee
journeyman
Loc: New England
Re: EPIPHANY! Feedback appreciated [Re: Necron99]
    #504728 - 12/30/01 10:34 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Necron...
I never doubted that you can trip off of cakes...I have a post from last week saying that you could if you wanted to...Reread my post in this thread dude...

OfflineNecron99
Protect youreyes from flyingsugar!

Loc: SATx
Re: EPIPHANY! Feedback appreciated [Re: Fantazee]
    #504785 - 12/30/01 12:31 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry, I meant to reply to Bizzarro.....

Just got you two mixed up for a moment.....

--------------------

"Puny earthlings do not yet know the meaning of the word suffering!!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck