Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Admins... particularly Thor...
    #5032239 - 12/08/05 12:47 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

While I am disappointed in the locking of my thread... thank YOU, Thor, for stepping in, and doing it yourself. As geo, could've caused some problems if he had done it.

I agree, the thread blew up.

Now, what can we do?

I have made my point, and I believe The Staff has taken POSITIVE steps to fix the problems... however... what about Paradigm, who was banned for nothing? He has yet to receive an apology, or ANY signal that things will be different in the future. He doesn't even know if the ban still holds as OFFICIAL.

What about the public, who is clearly ANTI-BIAS? Shouldn't something POSITIVE be said to them?

It is obvious, that the S&P community has been relatively ignored by the admins for a while now. I'm not lying about what happened... but there was NO ADMIN watching. Prove otherwise, please.

I am BEYOND malice at this point, I am simply looking for closure.

I suspect you understand, and I hope you will talk to me here.

You're smart enough to know I am not the villain I've been cast as.

Cut me some slack.

Thor HAD to defend geo, by locking my last thread... but this problem has yet to be fixed, on a PERSONAL level. And, I don't know how to do that, without starting new threads.

I'm not kissing Thor's ass, I've just discovered a NEW respect for him, in how he's handled this volatile situation. We both have jobs to do, and you've done yours well, Thor. I thank you for that, although, you know I wish my thread was never locked.

You are the ONE guy, who made me believe in this website once again.

Please TRUST that I will not use our discussion, to escilate drama.

None of us expected this to escillate to the point it did. And I respect the fact that you must lock a few threads, even mine, to keep things civilized.

Were I in your shoes, I would've done MUCH the same thing, Thor.

As a sign of respect, I will not start any further threads on this topic, until The Staff acts with bias again. They haven't since I made a stink. If I never Moderate again, at least I'll know the bias stopped, for a while, because I spoke up.

Despite what geo and Maia said at the end of my last thread, I do believe my points DID resonate through the Staff, however please remember, since I am NO LONGER PART OF THE STAFF, I can't see the outcome. Please, Admins, I suspect you know how to put this dead horse to rest. Give us a FINAL update. Give this dead horse the funeral it deserves.

And Admins, you know, I have links and quotes, to back up EVERY SINGLE ACCUSATION I have made. You never asked for them, and I never posted the WHOLE MONTY in public, because I did NOT want to alienate any more friends. Without ALL the evidence, how can you decide? How can you call it a dead horse? Bygones...

This whole thing makes me sick, and through this WHOLE ordeal, Thor is are the ONLY admin who has made me feel better about this community. He made me feel better when I stepped down, and he made me feel better with his posts in the thread he recently locked. Do it once more, Thor. You may be the only person here who can help me fit back into my community, now that this Swami mess is passing.

Thor, how am I supposed tro fit in, now that I have spoken up, and had yet another door slammed in my face? You know, all I want is to fit back in. Sad, whe you look at this mess...

You CAN'T deny people HAVE been pushed around by The Staff for their OPINIONS, and that is WRONG in my book. Aparently, if this IS a dead horse, it is OK with the Staff to treat their most passionate members unjustly. Please prove me wrong. I KNOW you want to. :wink:

Although you mightn't need to, please feel free to post this, or any of my future posts in the Staff forums, as needed.

I don't need closure in public, but I do need closure. Feel free to send a PM. There is nothing negative in my intent. There's no rush.

I have no intent to start any further threads... in fact, after an update (which was missing from the last one), this thread can be locked, as well.

Thor, you are the only Admin who has shown he sees BOTH sides of the issue.

Thanks in advance,
Cerv

p.s. Peace :heart:

p.p.s. Swami was BANNED from this forum, by geo, for doing what I just did, starting a thread after another of his WA&F threads had been locked without closure.

p.p.s.s. Just food for thought...

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (12/08/05 01:28 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Admins... particularly Thor... [Re: Rose]
    #5032362 - 12/08/05 01:34 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

okay.

i have a question for you

communication by its very nature is to bring about a response.

what is it that you want to happen here? what do you feel needs to be done?

feel free to pm if you wish, although im not an admin i still want to understand.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Admins... particularly Thor... [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5032450 - 12/08/05 02:11 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

What I want, and thank you for asking, Z... is PEACE.

Locked threads only cause PEACE, when they have CLOSURE.

My thread was locked, but there was no closure.

I asked for an apology.

I never heard a single apology. I was never told THERE WOULD BE NO APOLOGIES either.

See? No closure.

I feel less welcome NOW, than I ever have here, at The Shroomery. No bullshit, although someone in the Mod Forum's probably saying I'm just  being a drama whore.  :crazy:

I've lost MANY friends, and I wonder if I now shouldn't just follow Shirl's advice and leave. Why should I stay, when I feel so betrayed by The Staff I once served?

I feel sick.

What would YOU recommend, Z?

Doesn't The Staff REALIZE how ALIENATED people like me feel, due to being PUSHED AROUND by The VERY PEOPLE who should be PROTECTING US? Am I supposed to believe things will change, when The Staff still may treat me and others with bias in my VERY complaint threads?

I feel sick. WTF should I do? What should I WANT?

How can the PUBLIC understand my points, and THE STAFF treat me like shit?

I just don't get it.

I need closure.

I don't want to be shoved aside, ANY MORE, for expressing my beliefs.

I'd like to HEAR it from SOMEONE on The Staff.

To be told, "It is TOO LATE" to contest these unjust acts makes me sick, Z... for I have spoken up since day one.

What has The Staff DONE in light of the Bias?

They added a BAN BOT.

Ok...

Z, where can I post, WITHOUT a Mod reading something into my words NOW? Where?

How does the Banbot help me there?

I'm a fucking Witch.

Yet Wiccan hasn't EVEN posted in MR&P a forum he Mods, since NOVEMBER 7th. A whole month! Shroomism's been AWOL for two whole weeks. Maia's the only active Mod I've seen in there, yet THESE are the guys who permaban for NOT BREAKING rules.

While post count is not the only way to judge a moderator, I have a LEGITIMATE complaint.

What would you do in my shoes?

2 of the three Mods don't seem to post in the forum THEY MODERATE, as much as they post in forums THEY DON'T MODERATE. I suspect they may be out of touch with their community. Especially since there's been no reply in their Sticky thread, despite MULTIPLE requests for feedback.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4855151/an/0/page/0

I don't trust Those Mods to make the type of subjective decisions, The Staff currently allows, without remorse. Now, if there was a Public apology, things would get better, FAST... at least in my eyes.

An APOLOGY would fix this. Instead, I get pushed around, alienated, and PRACTICALLY flamed by my friends on The Staff. This WHOLE thing looks bad, and to me, it feels WORSE. I feel sick.

How 'bout I APOLOGIZE:

I am sorry for ANY drama I may have caused, as a result of speaking honestly and from my heart, about Staff acts of bias.

There's MY half.

NOW, what would YOU do, Z?

I want closure. I want peace. I want an apology.

That isn't unreasonable, is it?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (12/08/05 03:57 AM)

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: Admins... particularly Thor... [Re: Rose]
    #5033418 - 12/08/05 10:15 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Cerv my man, you are pushing this issue way too hard. I get the feeling you probably don't want to hear from me, but when it comes down to it, Thor and I are on the same team, and incidently the same page with respect to these issues you keep bringing up. You may find closure within the statements I've made throughout your threads, the ones indicating specifically what we HAVE done to help avoid similar questionable actions by the staff in the future.

Quite honestly it is not your place to be so demanding of the administration to hand out public apologies on behalf of other people. You suggest that the user Paradigm has yet to receive an apology or any signal that things will be different - but do you not think he has read these threads and seen the statements I have made as to how I am trying to make things work better in the future? As for an apology, we are becomming so far removed from the incident that I can't hardly remember what Paradigm was even banned for, and truthfully if he was mistreated I do feel bad and I do extend my apologies to him, however realize that in most cases, disciplinary actions start through our moderators and therefore asking the admin for an apology on their behalf is nearly meaningless. It should be the moderator that Paradigm would be soliciting directly if he feels ill treated, and if it is of such a serious nature as to warrant administrative intervention, Paradigm should then present his case directly to the admins so that we may decide how to deal with any given moderator. In reviewing the recorded actions on his account, one of our moderators even specifically noted in their official warning that he should contact the admin through the Support Ticket System if he felt wronged. I can't remember if he did this, but I know that there are no open tickets regarding social management pending administrative reply at the moment.. indicating to me that you are getting too caught up in creating battles for others that they do not even care to fight for themselves.

Not trying to get too preachy here, but realize that it is within your power Cervantes, to accept the realities of how we operate this community, and make a decision for yourself: take it or leave it. As for your postscript regarding Swami having been banned for doing "what you just did [in] starting a thread after another of his .. had been locked" - this is not entirely true as I had warned Swami numerous times via Private Message that he ought to chill on the matter prior to implementing the WA&F ban. That said, here is your official warning, that if you cannot refrain from digging up this topic again, you will ultimately land yourself a ban from this forum. If you feel the need to speak with Thor for your closure, I am certain his PM box is open and awaiting incomming mail.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate