Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRichard_D_James
enthusiast
Pan Cyan Question
    #502860 - 12/27/01 11:04 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Someone I may or may not know recently mixed 2 Cups BRF, 3 Cups of Composted Cow Manure, bought from a a garden center, and 4 cups of vermiculite, loaded into pints and PCed for 1 or more hours. Jars were then innoculated with a pan cyan mycelium syringe. When the syringes were made, a small pan cyan print was scraped into approximatley 100 cc of sterile water and syringes were filled. They were sitting around for quite some time b4 they were used, and at injection time the spores seemed to have germinated in the water and little white chunks were floating around. The jars were innocd 3 days ago, so far no signs of life (incubating at 84f). Is it possible that the spores were too diluted? The print came from ralphster a while back. BTW some cubensis pints were made at the same time with the same recipe and are growing aggressivley. Any suggestions?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Pan Cyan Question [Re: Richard_D_James]
    #503272 - 12/28/01 12:28 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

You should see growth by now. Give them some time though. I know for a fact that the Cop. cyan mycelium holds up well in cold storage, and holds up well at room temp. on plates. Not certain about in water though. If you saw chunks floating in the water, they were still viable. If it was contamination, you would see the contaminants growing, unless it was bacteria. Bacterial contamination will stall out the jars, but it will eventually be very greasy in appearance.
Time will tell, don't panic yet.
P.S. enjoy the Cop.'s they are awsome. Fast as hell from casing to harvest!!!!!

Anonymous

Re: Pan Cyan Question [Re: ]
    #503276 - 12/28/01 12:32 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Also, dehydrated manure works better then composted manure, when using store bought. K-Mart has dehydrated manure. It could be this also, but it is unlikely, with the BRF present. Just wait and see. The cops. tend to colonize better at slightly lower temps then the cubensis. The mycelium is wispy also, not thick like cubensis. Give it time.
I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

OfflineRichard_D_James
enthusiast
    #503314 - 12/28/01 01:11 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

thanks for the answer Teonan. I will update this in a few days. It is now colonising at 81f.

OfflineRichard_D_James
enthusiast
    #503318 - 12/28/01 01:19 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Has anyone heard of Pan Cyan spores germinating in water? Im pretty sure they germinated because I could still see small black spores in the middle of some of these white chunks. Some but not all. And also most of the mycelium was in 1 big ball, much like spores in a spore syringe do. I broke the big chunk well before inncoulation.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck