Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFatSean
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
My jars are ugly looking.
    #501786 - 12/26/01 07:45 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I got a question: I innoculated 12 1/2 pint jars on the morning of the 23rd. First, I was wondering if I should be able to see mycelium yet? I had 3 syrings, B+, Matias Romero, and Treasure Coast. I used one syringe per 4 jars. I know thats a lot, a little over 3cc's per jar. I didn't want to have anything left over so I used it all. They're in the bottom of my closet where it's about 72 degrees. I followed PF Tek. Second, I noticed in the PF Tek, the guy inverted his lids (as in the rubber is pointing upwards). I didn't, does that have an affect? My last, and most important, question is that my jars look like someone poored orange syrup down the sides. Like caramel or something. I know its not contams, since its been like that since I mixed them. I followed PF Tek's measurements exactly. Its not in every jar, and the jars its in, it doesn't completely fill the jars. Just a couple spots here and there. They look damn ugly. How bad is this? (I'll try and get pics) Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineegolesss
veteran
Re: My jars are ugly looking. [Re: FatSean]
    #501798 - 12/26/01 08:02 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Only time I have seen orange is a cap in full bloom pressed on the glass....Hope your substrate isn't too wet, more isn't better when it becomes wet, you may see something as early as tommorow morning...raising temps a little like the other poster said can speed things up ..

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

OfflineFatSean
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: My jars are ugly looking. [Re: egolesss]
    #501823 - 12/26/01 08:37 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Anyway, I don't think it could be water, unless it got in during sterilization.... I need a pressure cooker. It's obviously not a mushroom. I'll try and get pics up tomorrow.

Would wrapping the box the jars are in in a blanket increase the temperature? I may do that.

OfflineFatSean
Stranger
 User Gallery

#501921 - 12/26/01 10:18 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Keep the suggestions coming!

Offline3ptCrown
    #502207 - 12/27/01 07:31 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

its bacterial contamination, because of too much water...same thing happened to me, i used a pot like you. smell trough the holes, if theres a putrid smell, youre screwed. or maybe not yet, but within the next week. i had to throw away all my jars and start again, using a measuring cup and cutting back on the water just a bit. but you used so much spore solution the spores just might prevail, you never know...

--------------------
"Nothing lasts. That's one thing I think you learn from life, psychedelics, or just paying attention. Very little lasts." ~ Terrence Mckenna

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #502409 - 12/27/01 12:43 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

When put too much spore solution, you're messing with the proper water ratio, it could be an invitation to bacterial contams.
The peak on cubensis mycellial growth is obtained at 86F.
One thing i don't get, you say the orange stuff is there since you mixed the substrate, then you don't know what it is. Didn't you saw what it was when you mixed it ?
Anyway, i doesn't sound any good. Post some pics for confirmation.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineFatSean
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: My jars are ugly looking. [Re: MAIA]
    #502537 - 12/27/01 04:22 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Well its not like its caramel left over in the mixing bowl... I meant that it came from mixing. It's the color of verm, but a little lighter. What I thought it was, was some kind of verm/water/BRF paste. That's what it looks like. It doesn't look like contams at all. I'll get pics up soon.

Anyway, I checked the jars this morning and on every jar where I can see mycellium, I can also see green mold. This sucks, I lost 5 jars out of 12 so far. I have a hunch that when I was boiling, the hot water somehow got through the jars (I was using tinfoil) and melted together that pasty shit and fucked up my water ratio. Maybe i'll have better luck next time...

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #502611 - 12/27/01 05:33 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

if the green mold only occured at the innoculation points than your syringe or needle was contaminated. if it was EVERY spot and you cleaned the needle between shots; i would suspect the syrige itself. where did you get it from?

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

OfflineFatSean
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: My jars are ugly looking. [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #502701 - 12/27/01 07:44 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I got the syringes from The Spore Lab: www.sporelab.com. They were the only Canadian spore vendor I could find. Don't get me wrong, Captain Max was great to deal with and very helpfull. I think the Treasure Coast syringe I got was contaminated since every TC jar is contaminated at the innoculation points. And there's a B+ jar contaminated, but thats probably my fault. What should I do?
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I used the alcohol/shotglass method to sterilize the needles.

OfflineFatSean
Stranger
 User Gallery

#502870 - 12/27/01 11:20 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Shit. I wish mycelium colonized as fast as this mold shit does. Two of my TC jars are about 15% colonized with green shit!!

Working on pics right now to identify this crap.

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #503000 - 12/28/01 02:05 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

your syringe was contaminated, write Captain Max and tell him this, he should send you a new syringe.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags