Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSeaDour
Stranger
Post-Trip Vision Problems *DELETED*
    #5017752 - 12/05/05 12:44 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by SeaDour

Reason for deletion: No longer wish this experience to be public

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePyjamas
Stranger
Re: Post-Trip Vision Problems [Re: SeaDour]
    #5018063 - 12/05/05 02:06 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I'm experiencing the exact same visual problems as you. Interesting you say, "as I fall asleep", because that's the same time i experience the worst of them. It must be something to do with being in total darkness? It's like continuous bright flashes of colour, different in each eye. I can sort of feel pulsing as well. It's very strange. Different "blobs" of colour floating and changing very much like CEVs.

The specks, or orbs as I call them, are very worrying because it disorientates me quite a lot. It happened while I was driving one day. It seems to happen if you look at a bright blue sky but when I was driving, it was the sun was reflecting off the wet road.

I'm quite relieved to read your post actually because it sounds so similar.

Are you thinking about having it checked out?

--------------------
. . . Lime and limpid green, the sound surrounds the icy waters underground . . .

OfflineSeaDour
Stranger
Re: Post-Trip Vision Problems [Re: Pyjamas]
    #5018135 - 12/05/05 02:26 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I saw an opthamologist today and he could find nothing physically wrong with my eyes...which means this is probably a neurological problem of some sort.

He suspected my lithium prescription, which I take to control my bi-polar, but I did a web search and couldn't find any connection between lithium and these vision effects. I'm also taking a thyroid medication, and that did turn up some eye problems, but I don't think it would cause the shroom-like warping I'm still seeing. I'm also taking Strattera, an ADD medication, but I've been taking that for years now without any problems.

Are you taking any similar medications? And what exactly did you take before these problems started -- was it just mushrooms, or did you also smoke weed, or.....?

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this weird stuff going on.

InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #5018287 - 12/05/05 02:59 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I have the same problem too, I posted it a couple of days ago.

InvisiblePyjamas
Stranger
    #5019184 - 12/05/05 06:10 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not taking any medication.

I think the problem is the mushrooms. It could be an accumulation over time (I'd tripped quite a bit before I had this problem) but I didn't have anything like this before I had a particularly large dose. I went through a period of smoking weed for about a year before but it was on and off, not really a great deal of it. Certainly never hallucinated with weed. I haven't take any since.

--------------------
. . . Lime and limpid green, the sound surrounds the icy waters underground . . .

OfflineUnderground_Shaman
Creator
    #5019252 - 12/05/05 06:26 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

HPPD

OfflineDexter
Mad scienstist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands
Re: Post-Trip Vision Problems [Re: Underground_Shaman]
    #5022198 - 12/06/05 06:56 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds pretty familiar all of this and I?m sorry to say I don?t really have an answer. One thing I know from experience is that amphetamines and shrooms don?t mix. One day I took an amount of amphetamine approx. 15mg which made me extremely paranoid, 9 hours later I took the shrooms and had a level 5 trip which ended in extreme anxiety and terror not to end for 24 hours or so. Ever since I have these specks you?re talking about as well as very vivid CEV?s when going to sleep. Also sometimes a runnig fan or dishwasher sounds like people talking or music. I haven?t used amphetamine in 4 months now and the audible hallucinations have subsided but the visuals are still here. Luckily I find this all quite amusing (I don?t drive or operate heavy machinery) but I can Imagine this being a nuisance. If you ask me it?s still some after effects from the amphetamine psychosis.

--------------------
I've recently started my own weblog, you can find it here: Dexter's Adventures

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
    #5022222 - 12/06/05 07:14 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Pyjamas said:
It happened while I was driving one day. It seems to happen if you look at a bright blue sky but when I was driving, it was the sun was reflecting off the wet road.

That's actually a natural occuring phenomenon when the air is real hot on the road from certain angles it reflects the light, like a mirrage

First step I would get off the drugs (prescriptions) and see a healer

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

InvisiblePyjamas
Stranger
Re: Post-Trip Vision Problems [Re: lardnar]
    #5022527 - 12/06/05 09:39 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lardnar said:
Quote:

Pyjamas said:
It happened while I was driving one day. It seems to happen if you look at a bright blue sky but when I was driving, it was the sun was reflecting off the wet road.

That's actually a natural occuring phenomenon when the air is real hot on the road from certain angles it reflects the light, like a mirrage

No it's not the "heat wave" mirage. If I had moved my head, the specks stay moving the same no matter how I move my head. If my eyes are closed they're still there.

I've been off the drugs for a good few months now with no intent to go back to them for a while.

--------------------

Edited by Pyjamas (12/06/05 09:40 AM)

OfflineSeaDour
Stranger
Re: Post-Trip Vision Problems [Re: lardnar]
    #5023055 - 12/06/05 11:36 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lardnar said:

The prescriptions have done wonders to help my mental well-being. I am not going to stop them or else I will go manic.

WTF is a "healer"? I would call my psychiatrist a "healer", but I assume you're referring to something more atypical.

I've done research on HPPD and I'm pretty sure that's what I'm experiencing. Klonopin seems to reduce the severity of the disturbances, so it's comforting to know I can take that if they ever make me anxious.

OfflineReallusion
    #5025156 - 12/06/05 07:06 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Psychosis wouldn't be HPPD but symptoms sound oddly similar, maybe your brain in some way is holding on to this experience? try not to think about it, paying attention to these things is a bad idea. take from that what you can :smile:
as a rule HPPD doesn't have to be stared/looked for(these assumption lead to the common disbelief of its existence), its blatantly in the persons face 24/7 no matter where they look, kinda like a small dose of LSD. nonstop. Had it since 97 myself 20/20 vision, see through geometrix everywhere tho, nothing wrong with my eyes.
maybe your one the ones prone to such disorders maybe?
g'luck

Edited by Reallusion (12/06/05 07:14 PM)

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Post-Trip Vision Problems [Re: Reallusion]
    #5026493 - 12/06/05 11:12 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Not sure about the flashes of color, but I'd say with 99% certainty that the warping effect you get when staring at a pattern was from the mushrooms. This happens to me up to a few months later after my last mushroom trip. I love it though.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: Post-Trip Vision Problems [Re: SuperD]
    #5027166 - 12/07/05 02:28 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

This is my personal theory. Shrooms, especially a large dose, changes your brain in a way that causes long lasting, even permanent, visual anomalies. You'll just have to learn to cope with it.

I took 5.3 grams about 8 months ago and had a very intense trip. Ever since that time, I've experienced similar visual distortions and anomalies. The CEV's of blobs that morph and stuff are actually somewhat normal. Your eyes get used to seeing light and that carries over to your closed eye vision. I really don't notice this stuff that often anymore. I remember that it used to bug me for a while after my trip because it would look like I was travelling through 3d space and stuff. I also see specks and stuff in my vision sometimes. Looking up into a clear daylight sky is when I'm most prone to such anomalies. I figure that it's just your eyes reacting to all the light with no clear focal point. I experience morphing sometimes, too. I'm most likely to experience that when I'm in an environment with many focal points at varying distances, such as a forest. It will look like the trees are getting bigger and smaller depending on where my focus is at.

Overall, these anomalies and distortions are quite mild. I can deal with them and they're obvious to understand. There are times when they can get very intense, such as after a run. I figure that the increased chemical production in my body accounts for that.

I also experience audible anomalies. Sometimes I'll mistake a certain sound for being something it isn't. Sometimes I'll hear voices like people are talking about me when there really isn't.
And I can relate to the manic depression and paranoia that you've experienced as well. There are times when I get caught up in stupid stuff because I think (and sometimes know) that people are being negative towards me. There are times when I got caught up in my own despair and give up on my goals completely, saying fuck it all.

I've learned to deal with these things by being supremely confident in myself and knowing when to tell myself to just let go of all the bs.

Like I said before, you'll have to cope with such things. Everybody deals with difficult stuff in their life. Such occurences are only a drop in the bucket, if you know what I mean. =) You can get by and succeed.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

OfflineReallusion
Re: Post-Trip Vision Problems [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #5027221 - 12/07/05 02:49 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

LAsting visual distortions are rare. very rare. 1/100,000 users if iw as to make a assumption.

lots of psychedelic lasting symptoms can be due to hypocondria and anxiety. "ive done acid! it must be the reason for all my problems* is a common statment ont he hppd boards, paraphrased.

OfflineDexter
Mad scienstist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands
    #5027355 - 12/07/05 05:35 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

On contrary to what Reallusion claims, HPPD doesn?t have to be there 24/7 to be HPPD. There are several gradations from every once in a while to 24/7. However the fact that hypomania is also known to cause these kind of visual disturbances doesn?t help much when trying to put your finger on the cause of this.

--------------------
I've recently started my own weblog, you can find it here: Dexter's Adventures

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
    #5027358 - 12/07/05 05:39 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Reallusion said:
LAsting visual distortions are rare. very rare. 1/100,000 users if iw as to make a assumption.

I guess that 6 of us from this thread make up that .001% of the 600,000 users of shrooms with lasting visual distortions. Quite a coincidence, I must say.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
Re: Post-Trip Vision Problems [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #5031281 - 12/07/05 10:03 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I know exactly what you mean by those orbs when looking at a sky or it happens to me when its really snowy out and just looking at the whiteness. I'm not sure what it is because when i move my head around the orbs stay in the same place. When I just look forward it seems like they are 'seeping' downward and side-to-side or soemthing.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Post-Trip Vision Problems [Re: Tangerines]
    #5031427 - 12/07/05 10:22 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

what medications are you on name brands would help.

so far i have thryoid medication and lithium, and you have been smoking weed.

how much herb do you smoke?? it may be the cause, and some how intearacting with your medications.

have the distortions changed since you stopped smoking???

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia Flag
Re: Post-Trip Vision Problems [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5031935 - 12/07/05 11:39 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

You people are making me think some bad shrooms are going around! :lol:

Pluto

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Post-Trip Vision Problems [Re: Tien]
    #5040111 - 12/09/05 03:47 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

any update???

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies