Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
Deleted * 1
    #5015000 - 12/04/05 06:36 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by Snaggletooth (07/04/06 01:46 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinexburn
V card
Re: Lighting Tek......(pictorial) [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #5015755 - 12/04/05 09:58 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

neato..... more work than i would be willling to put in as a timer and a flourescent has always done the trick. But i like the depthh and the pictures.

--------------------
Check out the official MushroomWiki at http://www.mushroomwiki.com. Stop by and contribute.

Offlinekeefboy
a friendly parkranger
Re: Lighting Tek......(pictorial) [Re: xburn]
    #5015970 - 12/04/05 10:52 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

im gonna put those led's on my car. 4 around each floglight.

--------------------
"A friend of mine was famous for holding his hits until his face swelled up and turned bright red. The veins in his neck and forehead would bulge and he'd get bug-eyed. He'd start sweating. Then he'd belch the hit out violently, along with plenty of spit, and gasp for air." ~UBAKO

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #5016058 - 12/04/05 11:16 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

15 watt compact screw in fluorescent on a timer 12/12 on/off.
Inexpensive & toilet flush simple.

--------------------

Offlinexburn
V card
Re: Lighting Tek......(pictorial) [Re: agar]
    #5016072 - 12/04/05 11:19 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

yeah that is how i do it. or at home depot they have minature ones for smaller apps

--------------------
Check out the official MushroomWiki at http://www.mushroomwiki.com. Stop by and contribute.

OfflineMushit
Shit Lover

Loc: The Great White North
Re: Lighting Tek......(pictorial) [Re: xburn]
    #5017403 - 12/05/05 11:35 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Agar, that is exactly what I use. But I have a room dedicated to making wine and other goodies so it is simple just to leave the light on for a while.
Snaggletooth, that is very nice though. Good for stealth grows and will not use much power. Saw your thread at 'Topia and was impressed. Keep us posted.

--------------------
Up to my elbows in shit!

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

Re: Lighting Tek......(pictorial) [Re: Mushit]
    #5019274 - 12/05/05 06:33 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Agar
I thought about something like that but...... :thumbup:
The TIT and Martha methods are cool but did not suit my needs.

So as I was searching for some munchies in my fridge, bam why not convert a refrigerator. Freezer now / now an Incubator a fridge now / now a fruiting chamber.

It has great insulation, easily cleaned and it does not look that out of place. I thought about putting it in the garage (well my wife thought) but I?m almost sure I?ll have problems then. Nothing new but new to me.

I searched [url=http:// craigslist.org] craigslist.org[/url], looked locally and found a fairly new, clean and not used in a home refrigerator. Got it for under a c-note delivered. Worst case scenario, I wasted a c-note and time but thought it was worth the risk.

When I cleaned it I gutted the electrical and well everything....

So I thought about this....

Keefboy
That's were I thought of it..when working on my car. :gethigh:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

Edited by Snaggletooth (12/05/05 06:35 PM)

InvisibleJaeger
Dreamer
    #5035050 - 12/08/05 05:07 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

May not be "toilet flush" simple, but very cool. Playing with electronics is always fun.
I like the use of the RCA jacks, never really thought of them that way. You could simply use a battery with this for stealth too right? No power cords reqd.
Neat

OfflineD4NK
Omni-Potent
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: A Different Parallel Real...
Re: Lighting Tek......(pictorial) [Re: Jaeger]
    #5035082 - 12/08/05 05:14 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Nice work Snaggle!

--------------------
  Moderation is key 

"There is no god higher than truth." 

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Re: Lighting Tek......(pictorial) [Re: Jaeger]
    #5035092 - 12/08/05 05:17 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

jesus, this is SO much fucking work. thats insane, but quite an invention none the less.

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

Offlinedroptopsunfire03
Wandering Deity

Re: Lighting Tek......(pictorial) [Re: ShroomArtist84]
    #5035215 - 12/08/05 05:41 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Nice, i had considered using LED's as they can be run on battery for a very long time. As said, not really cost effective, but more ways to do it are always good:) I had never considered using RCA connections (tv, vcr, dvd player etc has them) as a power source. Maybe you could find a big old TV with rca's on it,a nd make it into a FC, still keeping the power source so you can power the rca's for your lgiht? Thatd be discreet as hell. Nice work.

OfflineD4NK
Omni-Potent
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: A Different Parallel Real...
Re: Lighting Tek......(pictorial) [Re: droptopsunfire03]
    #5035363 - 12/08/05 06:08 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I have so many extra wires and components laying around, not to mention an unused power supply that I am tempted to do this. Mine would be a rats-nest of wires though, and probably burn down my house.

--------------------
  Moderation is key 

"There is no god higher than truth." 

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lighting Tek......(pictorial) [Re: droptopsunfire03]
    #5035378 - 12/08/05 06:12 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

droptopsunfire03 said:
As said, not really cost effective

I dunno, LEDs can last quite some time, ocasionaly you can get some good deals on bulk or as I've done for a caving light, I purchased several little $2 LED flash lights, had 7 LEDs in each.

Offlinepsilocyb0rg
Psilocyborg
 User Gallery

Loc: New York
Re: LED Lighting Tek......(pictorial) [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #5048363 - 12/11/05 01:57 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i love using LEDs....they last a fuck of a lot longer than any bulb. i use my own one tht's wired practically identically to tht myself. it's also blue. i used car LEDs, the kind used to light up the bottom of cars

--------------------

Join the Mushroom Army at
www.themushroomarmy.com

Offlinesuperdupermutant
Stranger
Re: Lighting Tek......(pictorial) [Re: psilocyb0rg]
    #5085682 - 12/20/05 12:24 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i inquired about this a few months ago and everyone told me that blue leds would be no better than a flouro so i abandoned the idea. are the blues that much more effective to warrant the project?

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

Re: Lighting Tek......(pictorial) [Re: superdupermutant]
    #5085737 - 12/20/05 12:52 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

based on this..
suggested: 140 microwatts per 10 nanometer, per lumen of blue spectra 440-495 nm.

Just because it's blue does not mean it is the right spectrum.

basically I don't think It is not going to really matter...there not plants.

The spectrum was not the most important part...just needed to get light in the FC.

--------------------

Atheist Chat

OfflineSnuggleBunny
Student of TheFruits
 User Gallery

#5130352 - 01/02/06 02:31 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I dont know how im going to pull this off, my set up is soo ghetto, Ill keep yall informed.
Well see how unsanitary i can pull this off. My theory, natures not clean, why does my project have to be clean? (ok its just justifacation to being lazy and cheap)

--------------------
Semper Fidels

OfflineFugaziGuy
Complete Dumbass

Re: Lighting Tek......(pictorial) [Re: SnuggleBunny]
    #5130553 - 01/02/06 06:57 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Snaggle Tooth . . . a friend of a friend has been consider making a "fully automated bucket fruiting chamber". This is tek is perfect for something like that. I love your refridgerator idea, growing a lot of mushrooms is great . . but growing a lot of mushroom stealthfully is better.

Good job man :laugh: And I (and my friend) thank you for posting this.

Guys don't let having to wire something up scare you off. Wiring up a secruity light to grow pot with is a lot more complicated than this, and hundreds (if not thousands) of people do that.

One more time, fanstatic tek. :laugh: I'm hitting you with rating points right now.

--------------------

Someday I will own a house that looks like a giant mushroom, it will be furnished with only bean bag furniture. My walls will be covered with tye-dyed tapestries and my doors will be plastered in stickers. When it comes time for me to retire, I will launch pumpkins at the airport with a crude catapult. THEY WILL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!

Don't shit on my dream.

OfflineTheLightIsOn
In the worst ofall your fears

Re: Lighting Tek......(pictorial) [Re: FugaziGuy]
    #5145805 - 01/06/06 02:05 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Nice idea... Will work great for the martha. Each section can have it's own lighting :-). Also, the LED are nice and small and won't take up any room :-)

--------------------
AFOAF's current multi-grow log

"In the privince of the mind, what is believed to be true is true or becomes true, within limits to be found experientially and experimentally.  These limits are further beliefs to be transcended.  In the province of the mind, there are no limits." -John C. Lilly

Offlinemogur
regnartS

Loc: Puget Sound
Re: Lighting Tek......(pictorial) [Re: TheLightIsOn]
    #5145872 - 01/06/06 03:15 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Nice job, Snaggle. The only problem that I see is that you really don't want to run eight LED's in parallel off one dropping resistor. What happens is that the LED with the least resistance will hog the current. When you run them in series, the current draw will be equal for all LEDs. Also, when you drop 12v across a resistor and parallel LED array, most of the power consumed will be heat given off by the resistor. While that may not run your power bill up, it will create heat in the plastic distribution box.

Since blue and white LEDs run about 3v, you can just wire 4 of them in series across 12v without the dropping resistor. Red LEDs drop less voltage, around 2-2.25v, so you would need to put 5-6 of them in series across 12v. Anyone playing with this setup will probably have a multimeter, so the critical thing to check is that the current does not exceed 20ma for most LEDs. The superbrights can sometimes take 100ma, but you need to check the datasheet.

Not trying to put down your tek, I loved it, just trying to make helpful suggestions. I'm not quite clear on why all the rca plugs and jacks. If your LED leads are only 6-8", couldn't you just mount the LEDs in a small section of plastic snap together wiring track, and wire them direct?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order