Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleStein
Stranger
 User Gallery

Thoughts, opinions....
    #5001500 - 12/01/05 07:22 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.nynewsday.com/news/columnists/nyc-bres1130%2C0%2C139359%2Cprint.column

Quote:

Where's Hillary on Iraq?
Jimmy Breslin

November 30, 2005

Beautiful. I am in receipt today of a mailing from the Hillary Rodham Clinton campaign. This is different from the letter she sent out by e-mail in a rush. I don't know who got the e-mail. She announces it is 1,600 words long. That much of her sentences could end reading. The letter I got is more than a dead dry political mailing. I found it such compelling reading that I drop everything and share with you promptly and thus prominently.

It is a four-page questionnaire with the headline, "2005 Critical National Issues Survey." I thought that this was about the more than 2,000 dead in Iraq. Not even close. I read on, thinking that the pamphlet might tell me what Hillary stands for, as she is pretty much a blank thus far.

The questionnaire begins with a statement that we can't let Republican political attacks distract Hillary from her efforts in the Senate to address the critical issues our nation needs to address. Then there is the normal space for contributions by check or credit card. The amounts are from $25 to $100 and "other." Fine so far.

Here are the critical issues:
"Economy/jobs. Environment. Social Security/Medicare. Education. Homeland Security. Health Care. Tax Cuts. Reproductive Rights. Separation of Church and State."

Absolutely marvelous. Nothing about Iraq. Or the life and death of young Americans in Iraq. Or troop withdrawals from Iraq.

I go through the rest of the pamphlet.

"How concerned are you that President Bush is not doing enough to get Americans back to work, create more jobs and get the economy moving again?

"How concerned are you that the massive budget deficits caused by Republican economic and tax policies will inevitably result in drastic cuts in Social Security, Medicare, education and social services?"

Absolutely beautiful!

There are, as stated earlier, now more than 2,000 young Americans who have died in Iraq. She wants to be a candidate for president and she doesn't even mention our dead, or our next dead.

Wait. Here is question 9:

"How concerned are you that the administration's unilateral policies have reduced our number of allies and endangered our national security?"

How absolutely marvelous!

"It depends on what your definition of 'is' is," her husband said when he was questioned about rolling around on the office carpet with a young office worker.

And she not only copies, but clearly surpasses. She deals with something important.

Hillary Clinton today holds the new North American record for fakery.

She copies. She sneaks and slithers past you with her opinion on a war that kills every day.

Hillary Clinton is in favor of the war and of executions. Sensational!

The other day, when Rep. John Murtha of Johnstown, Pa., called for a withdrawal from Iraq, and obviously did so with half the Pentagon behind him, Hillary said, no, we shouldn't pull out at this time. Oh, it would cause so much violence.

We must stay. It takes a national Alzheimer's for her to be able to try to get away with things like this.

If Hillary Clinton wants this war to go on, then she should send her daughter to fight in Iraq.

We have had in New York as United States senators, Robert F. Kennedy, Jacob Javits and Daniel Moynihan.

We now have Hillary Clinton blowing on her fingers as she goes about cracking the combination to another safe. If the one hand glistens, it is from the wedding ring that she has used to hypnotize the public so far. Beautiful.
Copyright ? 2005, Newsday, Inc.

please don't shoot the messenger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSolutarch
Satan Claws

Loc: The South Pole
Re: Thoughts, opinions.... [Re: Stein]
    #5001531 - 12/01/05 07:47 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Hillary is Arkansas pond scum.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Thoughts, opinions.... [Re: Solutarch]
    #5001946 - 12/01/05 10:46 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you very much for not associating this bilge-sucking carpet-bagger whore with NY.

--------------------

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #5002171 - 12/01/05 11:48 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Wow, what a bunch of mindless drivel, why did you post this?

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

OfflineSolutarch
Satan Claws

Re: Thoughts, opinions.... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #5002172 - 12/01/05 11:48 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I thought she was a carpet muncher, along with Janet 'The Man' Reno.

--------------------

InvisibleStein
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Thoughts, opinions.... [Re: Tao]
    #5002223 - 12/01/05 12:02 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

come on, you can't tell me that that isn't some of the finest journalism you've ever read?

:smirk:

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #5002235 - 12/01/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Donno about the rest of the people, but I think 8 years of clinton and 12 years of bush are more than enough of either family screwing up the country.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Re: Thoughts, opinions.... [Re: Seuss]
    #5002245 - 12/01/05 12:11 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

What was so bad about clinton's years?

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#5002476 - 12/01/05 01:23 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I would say that the recession he gifted us with and the wonderful inaction on international thuggery would be some of the things that one could ascribe to asshole, I mean Clinton. Not to mention general embarrasment over his wandering peepee and mendacity overall. The effects of Presidential policies can only be judged several years down the road. You can order full right rudder on a supertanker but it still takes a few miles for it to turn.. Likewise with the US

--------------------

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#5002559 - 12/01/05 01:47 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

So how exactly did Clinton cause the recession?

And please don't tell me you really care about blowjobgate zappa.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#5002848 - 12/01/05 02:58 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Did I say he caused it? Only that he left us with it.

As to blowjobgate, this is a little more complicated.
First issue....Marital discord distraction. Big issue for most captured cheaters but probably not in Clintonia. I suspect she has not seen that PP for some while
Second issue....General social embarrassment distraction. This is the biggie that led him to lie in court and to question the meaning of is. He did lie in a civil suit, the bringing of which was bad enough. That a sitting president was such a fucking whore hound that he got sued is pretty fucked up. Buddy, I love pussy to death but I aint never even been slapped, much less sued.
Third issue.....And this is the real biggie, How did this influence his decisions? Did he factor in (master pollwhore that he was) what he thought the people would think, based on this, about his motivations for policy decisions. Given that he is a pollwhore and that all the talk at the end of his term was about what his "legacy" would be, the question remains, "Did he shy away from acts that he might otherwise have taken if he wasn't embroiled in this shit of his dick's making?"

That is the problem with the blowjobs.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #5002859 - 12/01/05 03:01 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Did I say he caused it?  Only that he left us with it.

You mean, he didn't predict that the economy was going to plummet after Bush took office?  The bastard! :eek:

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Thoughts, opinions.... [Re: Silversoul]
    #5003421 - 12/01/05 05:41 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

It started before and you know it. Definition of a recession is 3 successive quarters of falling real gross national product
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=recession
Also from that same link, although somewhat different from my recollection which was that the first declining quarter was the 3rd of 2000.
"The bureau's Business Cycle Dating Committee of six academic economists determined the recession commenced in March 2001, when economic activity stopped growing. Although many economists use declines in gross domestic product to define a recession, the NBER Dating Committee examined employment, industrial production, manufacturing and trade sales, and personal income."
Perhaps it is their addition of trailing indicators which put the start of that recession 2 quarters behind what I had previously heard. Regardless, not even the mighty Rove could engineer a national recession in 45 days. How do you like the economy now?

--------------------

OfflineSolutarch
Satan Claws

#5003490 - 12/01/05 05:59 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Waco is reason enough to never have another Clinton in office, especially THAT conniving disingenuous power hungry Machiavellian sorry excuse for a public servant. Handing over all the powers that have been granted to the executive under Bush to Hillary 'how did those 900 FBI files get there?' Clinton would be the final nail in the coffin of the constitution.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #5017006 - 12/05/05 09:30 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

> What was so bad about clinton's years?

Hillary and her crusade to fix the medical/insurance system.

The lack of any foreign policy?

The lack of any military leadership?

Shutting down the Federal Government for three months?

Various scandals involving both him and his wife?

Clinton was every bit as bad as Bush is...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Re: Thoughts, opinions.... [Re: Seuss]
    #5017108 - 12/05/05 10:19 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> What was so bad about clinton's years?

Hillary and her crusade to fix the medical/insurance system.

Yeah, god forbid we have some sort of national health system like every other industrialized nation

Quote:

The lack of any foreign policy?

You know you're right.  He didn't invade a single country! The nerve :crankey:

Quote:

The lack of any military leadership?

Yeah, no photo-op landings on aircraft carriers in flight suits!  I'm sure the american military was just lost. :shake:

Quote:

Shutting down the Federal Government for three months?

How is that solely his fault?

Quote:

Various scandals involving both him and his wife?

Exactly, scandals having nothing to do with his office of president, shit dragged up by muckrake journalism. 
Quote:

Clinton was every bit as bad as Bush is...

Its really astonishing that someone can think that.  Seriously.

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5017169 - 12/05/05 10:38 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Tao said:
What was so bad about clinton's years?

Waco and Ruby Ridge.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5017172 - 12/05/05 10:39 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Has anyone stopped to think that perhaps the recession was not due to Bush OR Clinton, but because of normal market fluctuations?

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: Thoughts, opinions.... [Re: Redstorm]
    #5017179 - 12/05/05 10:41 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Has anyone stopped to think that perhaps the recession was not due to Bush OR Clinton, but because of normal market fluctuations?

God forbid.

Though some would say those normal market fluctuations are neither normal nor market fluctuations.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Thoughts, opinions.... [Re: Ancalagon]
    #5017187 - 12/05/05 10:43 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not entirely sure myself, either, but it does match the downturn following an upturn quite well, though.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck