Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejcasias
Stranger
 User Gallery

Cardboard Glovebox
    #4998633 - 11/30/05 01:59 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I have been reading the Teks for lots of glove boxes, however, i am very very very short on cash and really can't even afford the 20 dollar boxes. This would be my process for making a cardboard glovebox.

1.)Get a decently sized carboard box, don't get a box that is wet or has rotting trash juice on it, and line with plasic wrap and then tape down with grey tape (multiple layers if necessary).

2.) I would then cover the top of the box with multiple layers of plastic wrap and take down as well (this would provide a window)

3.) Heavily sterilize with lysol, peroxide, alcohol, whatever you can find to make sure its clean.

4.) Cut a door in the side of the box to that you can insert all supplies need to inoculate, make sryinges, etc.

5.) Cover door with wrap and then take it from the outside when ready to inoculate as to hender contaminants.

6.) Inoculate as you would with any other box.

Would not be a perminent rig but might work for a couple of weeks. Any ideas as to how to improve this would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and i know this wasn't a very in depth procedure walkthrough.

--------------------
Human beings must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cardboard Glovebox [Re: jcasias]
    #4998684 - 11/30/05 02:29 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Read -----> http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/4947987#Post4947987
You cannot get much cheaper that that.

--------------------

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: Cardboard Glovebox [Re: agar]
    #4998737 - 11/30/05 02:43 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

toilet flush simple :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rotfl: :rotfl: :lol: :lol:

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinekiss
numbnuts
 User Gallery

Loc: under your bed
Re: Cardboard Glovebox [Re: jcasias]
    #4998753 - 11/30/05 02:47 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Deppending on what mehtod( or tek if you will)you decide to use, you might be just fine.
Over the years this place and others have seen all type's of stuff thats been used to house jars or bags for incubation.
I remember a while ago when this place opend it's door's, people where using shoe boxes, or dedicating a drawer from their dresser...lol.
Beside's...just about every method use's some sort of barier for air exchange...ergo 1/2" of vermiculite on top layer, Tyvek coverd tops, ect. These things are to allow CO2 to escape, and keep the harmfull buggers out!

This here is something that I came up with a while ago. It's never let me down. I've come up with all sorts stuff to use, and not one of them has ever been disapointing, or ever failed to produce anything less then what I was after.
This hobby (or way of life) is about as simple as it can get. Soooo many folks in here seem to think this hobby is slow. You just have to laugh at people like this. This hobby is actually fast paced. When things start to happen you have to move pretty fast, and keep everything in check.
So anyway I think you'll be just fine. Just keep in mind of the finer points. The small parts that most new comers over look is the reason why the fail!

--------------------
see dick drink
see dick drive
see dick die
don't be a dick!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder