Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSunshinePounder
The Girl withthe Sun in HerEyes

Loc: Peace Man!
New problems-casing
    #4993421 - 11/29/05 09:34 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I am noticing something I never seemed to have a problem with before. I cased a couple of jars in straight verm (med) so I could fruit while I was waiting on the bulk spawn run. They're fruiting pretty good, but they're not harvesting too well.
The mushrooms fruited in clusters (normal) but the mycellium seems to be connected down deep. So there is a huge chunk of verm covered myc. at the bottom of every fruit. Not to mention it's tearing my casing up.
Also, there are tiny pins all through the verm layer, which will be lost when I clean them off. Also, it is impossible to completely clean the casing after each flush.
I'm affraid there will be tiny pins left behind which in turn will rot. I spotted a pin head sized spot of green this morning, but upon disection, I've concluded it was a bruised pin.
Very strange, I've never read anything about this. Anyway, my bulk's fruiting now, so I'm just gonna toss these. I wanted to start this post for the benefit of anyone else who wanted to go this road.
So, does anybody have anything to add to this?

:peace:

--------------------
My [url=www.http://tinyurl.com/6valr target=_blank]Unitarian Jihad Name[/url] is: Sister Claymore of The Short Path
Get yours

If I was the sun, I'd look for the shade~Liberty

Baby I love you, and you love me. Let's love each other to eternity~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesmarties
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: New problems-casing [Re: SunshinePounder]
    #4993452 - 11/29/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

twist and pull or cut em off. try to do as little damage to the myc as possible.
not too sure about all the pins, i pull em unless i think they will continue to grow. if after a couple days they start to get dark and shrivle up pick em off.

--------------------
you need supplies? clicky clicky

OfflineSunshinePounder
The Girl withthe Sun in HerEyes

Loc: Peace Man!
Re: New problems-casing [Re: smarties]
    #4993519 - 11/29/05 10:11 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I give a twisting motion. The fruits seem deeply connected to the myc. Some seem to have a deep root to them (like pulling a tooth, ouch) I'm affraid to just cut them off, that would probably lead to problems quickly. As for the pins, it is impossible to get them all.
Could I be putting them in the fc too early? hmmm. I get good pinsets, I might be too afraid of overlay (which I've never experienced) I pull them as soon as I can see some myc. just below the surface.
After contemplating this a bit, I believe it's the casing material. I've cased with coarse verm with no problems. This is medium grade verm.
I'm mostly posting this for informational, but, I have other casings in which I'll try a variety of techniques. If I come up with a definite answer, I'll post it up.

thanks
peace

--------------------
My [url=www.http://tinyurl.com/6valr target=_blank]Unitarian Jihad Name[/url] is: Sister Claymore of The Short Path
Get yours

If I was the sun, I'd look for the shade~Liberty

Baby I love you, and you love me. Let's love each other to eternity~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds