Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDJ_JD420
Suburban Soldier
 User Gallery

Loc: Upper Mid-Western USA
Pinning
    #4966456 - 11/21/05 11:17 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, I'm still very new to mycology. My very first try, I got all of the jars contaminated, but I know exactly why. I was too impatient and opend my jars after like 5 days. There was no sign of colonization, so I checked the moistness. God, I'm a dumbass! Any way this time around I'm doing great. My qustions are about the pinning. Ok, first of all, I had 3 fully colonized cakes, I did 3 because I cased the rest, but any way, I put them in the terrerium for a few days, then I decided to dunk and roll my cakes. When I went to dunk them, I decided to put peroxide on the cakes while I dunked. I think I might have screwed up here. I put straight 3% peroxide on the bottom of the cake where the leftover vermiculite was. I did the to stop any possible contamination the may want to grow in the extra verm. I poured some peroxide on the spot and it started to fizz a bit. I let it do that for mabey 3 minutes (the cake was submerged a few seconds after I put the H2O2 on). What I was dunking them in was pretty small, mabey the peroxide to water ratios was about 1/8. I then changed the water to straight water in the dunk container. They have been in my terrerium for like 4 days. 2 of the cakes have little "lumps" of mycelium growing on them. They look like small pieces of perlite, but aren't. One cake isn't doing a whole hell of a lot. My other question is, how long does it usually take for you to see pins with the brown head? I've read nearly all of the TEKs on this site, and on average I see that they say you should see pinning within 5 days. I know I'm just being impatient. But I still want an opinion.
My cakes are PF TEK, my terrerium is a 10 gallon fish tank, humidified with perlite. My humidity is at 99%-100%, my temp is around 70-75 F degrees. I fan almost every hour I can. an 8 hour break when I sleep, and an 8 hour break when I work. My chamber is in indirect light on a table. Well, thanks for any help.

--------------------
There's always somthing you can't give up, to get every thing you want; There's always something you gotta give up, to get every thing you want.
B-T-N-H

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Re: Pinning [Re: DJ_JD420]
    #4966483 - 11/21/05 11:24 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

You sound ok. Those bumps will be pins soon. It can take up to 14 days with the cake doing nothing at all. Just keep fanning them, they're gearin up to pin.
I was waiting for you to say they turned blue.
Just keep doing what you're doing.  :thumbup:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Offlinetheshroomman
Stranger
    #4966486 - 11/21/05 11:24 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

well the straight peroxide prob. damaged or killed alot of your cake...

OfflineESanceOfCyan
MushroomMogul
Male User Gallery

Loc: SeaTown
    #4966491 - 11/21/05 11:26 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

3-14 days for pinning.
Search: "A pinning strategy", it'll help.
Maybe buy some air pumps & stones to semi automate your FC?

G/L :bongload:

--------------------
Save Marc

www.emeryseeds.com
Holy dog shit! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?
-Gunnery Sergeant Hartman(Full-Metal Jacket)

OfflineESanceOfCyan
MushroomMogul
Male User Gallery

Loc: SeaTown
Re: Pinning [Re: theshroomman]
    #4966504 - 11/21/05 11:29 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

theshroomman said:
well the straight peroxide prob. damaged or killed allot of your cake...

No....no it probably didn't, wasn't the best idea but yeah :bongload:

--------------------
Save Marc

www.emeryseeds.com
Holy dog shit! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?
-Gunnery Sergeant Hartman(Full-Metal Jacket)

OfflineMcdoopy
Fungus Face
 User Gallery

Loc: Varrok Center
Re: Pinning [Re: ESanceOfCyan]
    #4967045 - 11/22/05 04:21 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Good luck :smile:

OfflineDJ_JD420
Suburban Soldier
 User Gallery

Re: Pinning [Re: Mcdoopy]
    #4968990 - 11/22/05 04:47 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Well thanks alot everyone. I felt pretty dumb about the straight peroxide but it seems as at least 2 of them are doing good. I've got to get more patient, I feel like a kid before Christmas like everyday since I've picked this hobby up. I try to keep my self occupied with new jars, reading TEKs and other things like that. I'm really hoping for some good results. Well, thanks again everyone.

--------------------
There's always somthing you can't give up, to get every thing you want; There's always something you gotta give up, to get every thing you want.
B-T-N-H

OfflineDJ_JD420
Suburban Soldier
 User Gallery

#4986349 - 11/27/05 01:46 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Everything is going great. Here are some pics.

Nice little pins.

This one popped up in 8-10 hrs.

--------------------
B-T-N-H

Offlinebuddahloverz
What do i put here?
Male

Loc: Lithuania, US
    #11746273 - 12/30/09 11:56 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Haha nice quote. Bone thugs n harmoney is the shit.
----------------------------------------
If ya got a bag of tweed, well, blaze it with me, fool.

OfflineHal1
mycelium freak
Male User Gallery

Loc: backwoods of GA
Re: Pinning [Re: buddahloverz]
    #11746386 - 12/31/09 12:15 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

It all depends there are so man variables in growing mushies it could be 5 days it could be 14 days it just all depends. Good Luck though!!

--------------------
Life's too damn short too not laugh and have fun everyday!

Invisible99BOOMERMAN
The Professional
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Pinning [Re: Hal1]
    #11746720 - 12/31/09 01:35 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

THIS IS A 4 YEAR OLD THREAD FELLA'S!!!!!

--------------------
Anything posted in this thread is just some well thought out bull-shit,which is completely for entertainment purposes only.

AMU      "Q&A's  Thread"

INGENIOUS MONO TUB LINER

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck